THIS AND THAT




I have a junk drawer of pictures to share today.....from fabrics to dogs....

But for the sake of knowing that some people are rolling their eyes and thinking "enough already about the dog".....I am starting with design first!

I get it.

Alright....last week I showed you some new Kravet fabrics.  Today we have a few Schumacher goodies to view.

In particular Mary McDonald.  
Talk about texture!









And MM and I must be long lost sisters....remember how I thought I invented the green and gray combination?  Well it seems that she was already ahead of the curve....duh



Just so much goodness here.

I ran into Duralee and saw this little number from Bailey&Griffin


Pretty huh?

And this Harlequin wallpaper at Grizzel & Mann which is similar to the KW wallpaper but with a much better price point.

It comes in these other colors!

I'm not too proud to use a "look for less"!

I popped down to Scott's on Thursday afternoon and came across these pulls!

Hot damn....



Just in case your life will not be complete with out them....
I picked up some Peonies at TJ's for a few bucks.


Which brings me to an update.

Tuesday was a crazy day.

Got an email about a one year Sheepie listed on Craigslist in Lexington, Kentucky at 12:40.

1:00....contacted her

1:30....she emailed me back that she was a perfect dog but she [owner] was just diagnosed with a medical condition and had to give her up.

2:13...I asked where she was and how far away was that from Atlanta

2:40....she sends me pictures of her and a video.

2:41....I am in love.  Leave ADAC and run home to discuss with husband....when can we leave and details like that.

3:00.... I email her and say yes....I want her.  So excited....clicking my heels together and dancing all  cray cray around the house.

3:15....she emails me and said " I forgot to say we have someone local coming by to look at 6:00 to see her.

3:16....WTF....are you kidding me?  Don't you think you should have lead with that?

3:20....she will let me know if they take her.

5:28....I get an email from the OES rescue that Camelot's Mom has changed her mind and wants to give her up.

5:29....I am having a meltdown.

7:45....E-mail telling me the first people took Misha.

7:46....I send her back a message.  "Thanks....heartbroken".

So where does that leave things?  As of now we are picking up Camelot in Lake Worth, Florida  Memorial Weekend.


This better happen as I can not take another episode like that:(

So there you have it.....a week of highs and lows.

Life.

Shahanginginthere






29 comments

Anonymous said...

Heart wrenching......fingers crossed!!!!!
Cindy from Boston

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

You poor thing, what a roller coaster of emotions. Hoping Camelot comes home with you memorial day weekend. What a beautiful dog!
Hope it's a great weekend after all this puppy drama.

Betsy Gordon

Crazy Wonderful said...

I can't believe she didn't tell you about that until the end when you had already gotten excited :( Sometimes I think Craiglist has the same effect on people that Walmart does - like it forces them to act like dumb asses. Praying things work out with Camelot :)

designchic said...

Loving all of the fabrics, but the pulls are unbelievable. Cannot get over the dog, so adorable!! Fingers crossed and happy weekend!

Kelly said...

OMG! Is that a picture of Camelot at the end? So precious! I hope everything works well for you with getting her. You've been through enough already!

Unknown said...

I was just coming on to tell you that I live in Palm Beach, Florida and can hunt down Camelot and kidnap her if you want ;) Glad to hear it is going to work out (fingers firmly crossed)

therelishedroost said...

What do they do that! Its so cruel, that happened to me two years ago with a puppy I wanted too. I felt so bad but then a few months later I found Dakota! Good luck I hope to see a great photo of that cutie on the blog very soon!

Katy said...

I love that wallpaper! This may sound totally budget but I think it would be gorgeous in a series of frames. Also, congrats on finally getting your pup- sounds like Cami was meant to be yours!

Unknown said...

Love the fabrics and the 'sheepie' - hoping it all works out - he will be so happy with you.
xo~Jill

Dana Frieling said...

Oh my goodness, I just had a mini-heart attack with you. What a roller coaster you've been on!

Unknown said...

I hope you get Camelot! My parents raised Old English Sheepies. They are such gentle, loving giants. I can still see my children as toddlers being herded up and down the side yard. McDuff was ever vigilant.

Courtney Foster Shearer said...

Gracious! Well, hopefully the drama is over and you and Camelot will be able to live happily ever after. :)

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my goodness, she's absolutely adorable, how on earth will you be able to wait a week! Can't you pay someone to overnight her! :)

mollie's mom said...

That face. Cami looks like the one!! I hope it works out- can't wait to hear for sure!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Thank goodness for pretty new fabrics to distract you from doggie drama! Is it me or does it look like Cami was MADE for your home?? That coat, her coloring? She couldn't be cuter!!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

What a crazy journey you've been on! Looks like it all may turn out great after all.......that pup looks like a sweetheart! Fingers and toes are crossed for you, Sherry!
xo
Holly

Unknown said...

Pulling for you all and the new pup!!! Can we have a baby shower when your new fur baby arrives??? That would be so fun. Love you to the moon and back!
Jen

hollybholly said...

Cami is adorable and a perfect salve for a broken heart. Crossing fingers and wishing on stars for you!

Susan S said...

Oy, over this dog fiasco! I hope it all works out for you. Craigslist has been petitioned to quit selling animals as they can end up in dire(fatal) situations, so I wish you could have gotten Misha. Actually, I wish you could have both (I know your husband would like to clobber me right now!). I knew the lady would change her mind about you. She had to know you were only pouring your heart out. I also know it will be a lovefest when you finally meet Camelot!

LOVE that green/gray combo from MM Schumacher!

Sharon Williams said...

That's some seriously emotional dog drama! I hope you get Cami--she is a cutie. Crossing fingers--dogs make such a difference in our lives.

Unknown said...

You will get her for sure after all that drama. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You can never talk to much about fur-angels with me. I love it when they get a wonderful home. I pray everything works out for the FL adoption.

The fabrics and wallpapers are beautiful.

I am a transplant to GA and want to go to the Scott Antique Market. I know there are 2 buildings....can you suggest which one would be better to start with for a newby, please?

Any info regarding the SAM will be very much appreciated.

duff said...

Camelot is beautiful!!! Best of luck!!!
Can't wait to see more pic's!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Saying a prayer and keeping my fingers crossed.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, I sure hope you get to bring that cute thing home!

Zoe said...

I am just north of Lake Worth and if you need anything just give a holler! Or if you need a pit stop for you and the baby our door is always open.

We just adopted a baby and couldn't be happier. We looked and looked and had some issues like you have, but feel that our new baby found us and we wish the same joy for you.

Thanks for your inspiring and creative blog.

Karol

Tina Rowden said...

OMG Sha so hopeful for you. Camelot looks so gorgeous + I totally agree with Shelley ..... some PEEPS geeez. hugs xoxoxo

Brandi said...

After seeing your post on IG, I'm so happy to know that she is home with you and your hubby!!

Home Design said...


All ideas of living room design here is very nice and interesting, from here I get the reference. thanks

Back to Top