HOOKER FURNITURE COLLECTION




As a designer when you start putting a room together it can be overwhelming.  Do you even know how many furniture lines there are?

A gazillion.  Of course you have your favorites like Lee Industries or Bernhardt Interiors but there are so many more.

When I was working on that huge project I had to wrack my brain so that everything did not look the same.....using different lines and price points available to me.

It had been a while since I flipped through the reasonably priced  Hooker Furniture catalog and.... yes there is a lot that made my eyes bleed but on the other hand I was quite surprised with some of the things I saw!

The first few images are from the Corsica Collection.  I think it has a slight Restoration Hardware feel.



Comes in this dark finish also


Love this dresser

And these beds.




Then I stumbled across these

I still love a pretty  windsor chair.


I think these red ones could work in the right setting.

What about this bed?

And this etagere 






 This leather sofa is almost an exact replica of a Lee style I have used many times.
It's nice to be able to mix in the high and low when putting a room together don't cha think?

It's all about the look!

So what did I order from Hooker?

This buffet from the Corsica collection to be used as a console under the TV.


It has that Belgium gray finish and worked perfectly.  The chaise is from Lee and the owner built that nook to house their beautiful antique bookcase.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!  Everything is still a go for driving down to get Camelot.....so watch for pictures on Instagram!

Shayexcited






13 comments

therelishedroost said...

Thanks for enlightening me I never look at Hooker because frankly I didn't think there would be pieces like you have shown here! They are great!! Lee is a great go too and the chaise is wonderful!

Charlotte Skinner said...

The Corsica Buffet looks great there! I'm intrigued by the red and blue chairs. Love their sexy curves!
~Charlotte
SimplyLoveDesign

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Hi Sherry, I love the chaise from Lee and the buffet table looks fantastic with it!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

All three of those pieces work so well together. Love the mix.

Vel Criste said...

I love all the beds too and that buffet is perfect there Sherry!

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

Wow, they've come a long way! I love what you chose for your client. Great lines.
I know you must be thrilled about picking up Camelot and having a new addition to your family.
I'm dying to see if you're maybe going to chose your master bedroom for the next ORC. That would be wonderful to watch unfold....
Have a great holiday weekend.
Betsy

designchic said...

Great new look - love the chaise and the beds are amazing!

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi Philbrick said...

in addition to your amazing taste is your fantastic sense of humor. I often laugh our loud while reading. You need to have your own show on HGTV! That would be something to watch. Love your blog.

Unknown said...

I never think to look at Hooker- I agree there are some great finds there. Best of luck getting your new baby!! Can't wait to see! Xo Nancy

Anonymous said...

Years ago I bought a piece from Hooker. It withstood the test of time. I recently moved and sold it and got about the same price I paid for it long ago. It was attractive and well-made.

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

great finds! I agree those dinning room chairs are heaven!

Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love all the pieces you are featuring from Hooker. There are some gorgeous pieces in their collections, and their pieces are well made and last. I love the Windsor chairs {especially in red!} and the Corsica buffet, beautiful.

Back to Top