ONE ROOM CHALLENGE LINKING HIGHLIGHTS





I am working my way through the ORC linking reveals.  There are a million of them....not really but 145!  I decided to share a few of my favorites with you....

It goes without saying everyone did a great job so these are just some of the ones that appealed to my design sense.

Mallory from Charming in Charlotte did her guest room.

This pink chest took my breath away.....

Brit from House Updated completed her dining room.

I love how fresh and modern it feels.....

Tricia from Suburban Bitches did a bath makeover.
Making mostly cosmetic changes to this space....she took updating to a new level!

Kim Macumber updated her bedroom and it's beautiful.....

I love her fabric and color selections.

Sabrina from Pink Little Notebook pulled her dining room and LR together with a neutral palette.  

 
It has an almost Swedish feel......

Sharon from Pretty Practical Home shared her laundry room.


I am drawn to great laundry rooms because mine is such a sty :)

Over at Carousel Studios Tricia killed me with her gorgeous bedroom....

Lots of my favorite color.....white!


 I am amazed at the talent out there....at how people diy'd.....shopped smart and put in so much hard work to complete these spaces....

I also love how Linda has given a voice to these linking bloggers to showcase their work.

Look for more of my favorites as I get through them!

I have a little dog update for you......As you know I have been trying to adopt a 17 month old sheepdog through the OES rescue.  Fiona [my liaison] thought it would be a good idea to reach out to the women who was giving her up [discuss travel plans etc.].  

She lives in Palm Beach Florida, is in her 70's and has her 98 year old Mom living with her.  After realizing that a 75 pound dog is too much for her [a puppy no less] she reached out to OES rescue for placement.

To make a long story short I shot myself in the foot as they say.  Yeah....it seems I'm good at that.

 I'm sure I was just a little too fragile to have a conversation with someone who was giving up her dog....are you starting to get a sense of what happened?  

She had second thoughts and and backed out.  

Crikey......I was running around showing everyone the picture of my new dog "Camelot" on my phone.  Planning our days together....blah blah blah.  My little Cami.....

It's been a week.....and no word from her.

I'm pretty down about it but the search goes on.

Shabigmouthneedstoshutup















22 comments

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

These are all great features, they were some of my favorites too. I've had so much fun and so much inspiration from all these makeovers. These women really are amazing.

So sorry to hear about your dog.

Cindy said...

Awwww... I'm so sorry she backed out. You would have been the best mom. I guess that means something else is going to happen that will be even better.
It was fun looking at these rooms! I love the one with the black walls... so stunning. What an interesting color combination!

Cindy

Karena said...

Sherry I have been so astounded at the creativity and design aesthetic of so many of the women involved!!
Fab rooms!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Mary Ann Pickett said...

oh no...she may come around but I couldn't handle the emotional roller coaster. Good luck with this! Some pup will be very lucky!

I need a vacation to leisurely go through all the ORC projects! Thanks for your highlights.

Naz said...

The woman who now owns the dog is far too old to handle such a large animal. I'd be afraid the dog would knock over her mother. Perhaps she will change her mind and I hope so for your benefit.

Mallory said...

Sweet Sherry, thanks so much for featuring my guest room! Sending good vibes about the dog :(

Unknown said...

Great recap! Now more important issues- the search for anew pup? Best of luck sweet girl- the right one will drop in your lap . Thank you for adopting another dog- you are really wonderful!!

Sharon said...

Thank you so much for the feature, Sherry! I'm sorry about the dog adoption--hoping you find the right pup for you soon.

Kim said...

Sherry! Thanks so much for featuring my bedroom! And, my dear, the right pup will come along!

therelishedroost said...

Sherry she will be back! But if not I always believe there is a reason for everything and maybe another dog needs you more! I agree with you picks on the ORC I just love your taste!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You and the perfect pup for you will be united, Sherry!! Don't you worry!!!!! There are plenty of sweeties out there that need a good home and a loving mama. (Cami is a super cute name by the way!) I love seeing your faves, I haven't seen all the links yet - wow is there some serious talent out there!

Tricia Sund Wiebusch said...

Sherry! Thank you so much for including my room! You are such an inspiration- I love your work!

Don't worry- the right dog will find you:)

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, Beautiful ORC's today, thanks for sharing and don't worry, I know your little dog is out there and you'll find her soon. Hang in there:)
xo
Holly

Maria said...

Oh yes that pink cabinet is striking, all of them did the renovation of their space well. Playing with color, layout its really and arrangement, really creative people all of them.

designchic said...

There were so many amazing transformations - I love Kim's bedroom! Fingers crossed for you on the dog - know something will work out…

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Thanks for highlighting some of the amazing transformations. I am almost finished with the entire list. Every one of them had something interesting to see. Sorry about the dog, but she may still call you. Fingers crossed.

Segreto Secrets said...

Kim Macumber's updated bedroom has such great patterns and colors. But still stays soft! xo Leslie

Vel Criste said...

So hard to pick faves so I will 2 posts on my faves! Love kim's bedroom like crazy!

Susan S said...

I, too, have been stunned by these makeovers and hope I can view all of them. Thanks for posting some of your favorites.

Regarding the adoption fiasco, you were just opening your heart and I'm so surprised she didn't feel the love you have for sheepdogs. If she could be directed to your heartfelt blog post(on your loss), she would surely change her mind. I'll send out my prayers.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Nice picks Sherry!!

And the dog...I think you will be getting a call...

cindy hattersley design said...

We have many of the same favorites!! I have yet to get through them as well!! My daughter finally adopted a dog as well. I think it is harder than adopting a child!!

Unknown said...

I feel like these makeovers get better and better each season. Still pinching myself that you picked my dining room as one of your favorites! Thanks so much Sherry!! :)

Back to Top