ONE ROOM CHALLENGE




I don't even know if I can find the words.  

To say thank you sounds so small compared to all you gave.  Beautiful comments....poems....sharing your personal experiences with losing your own pets.....

It warmed my heart and helped ease some of the pain.  I've had to push through this week to finish my project...... on one hand thankful for the distraction but yet wanting to just hole up in my bedroom to morn my loss. 

I will be forever grateful to all of you kind souls who took the time help a friend push through.....

Speaking of pushing through....the One Room Challenge is coming up.  No I am not participating this time around [sometimes things happen for a reason] but I am excited to find out who is!  

Just to review here are my 5 projects....

 # ONE
I worked on a clients space which I kinda neglected to inform her until after my first post!  Lucky for me she was a good sport and we pushed through to finish up the room.....not actually on time but hey....it took me a while to actually understand the concept:)



I finally completed my guest bedroom and I am happy to report [with the change of a few pillows]....it is still the same!  That in itself is a miracle:)



I designed the "Bunny Hutch".  My sister's family room was stuck in the 90's and we brought that baby up to date!  I was fortunate to be featured in print for that one.



My dining room got the facelift it deserved....having not really changed that much after 15 years!  Yikes....it was time.



I went back to the "Hutch"!  I was really ambitious completing her family room, dining area and a portion of her kitchen.  Talk about a challenge....holy cow!

Things I have noticed after going back to review all of these....

1.  Where is the color!  I guess I really am a neutral gal at heart!
2.   My photography certainly got better.

I am so thankful to Linda for including me and at times actually pushing me to  join.  I know I will be sad when I start checking in every Wednesday and Thursday [the linking participates] to see the progress.

I will have lots to share next week about my recent project....we have about 55 hours to finish if we don't sleep at all......


Excited to see this beauty get hung today....

If I could hug everyone of you I would.

Shagrateful









 

16 comments

Mary said...

Hi Sherry,
I didn't see your last post until now. We were putting our dog down & I was too busy being sad/crying to read your blog. What are the odds?
It's nice you have work to keep you busy & out of the house. I'm retired & all I have is laundry & cleaning.
I'm sending you a hug & know that I understand.

Kim said...

Sherry, so many hearts with you ... I will miss you in the ORC! And cannot wait to see this whole project you are working on get revealed!!

Beth C. said...

I'm absolutely crushed you won't be participating in the ORC this round. You must make it up to us by posting at least as many posts of this project. Best, Beth C.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

How will I tune in to the ORC without seeing you?? It has been a total pleasure to watch your projects. So yes, share as much of this current one as you can. And take time to breathe and heal next week xx

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sherry. Long-time lurker, first time commenting. I'm so sorry about your dog. People where I live call pets "fur babies," which is what they are. So hard to lose them.
Your work is so beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing it.

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I know you can probably use the break but I am sad that you aren't participating in the ORC :( You are one of my faves to check in on!

Lussi said...

Amazing & so unique! I love all of them!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Thanks for the mention. Boy, we have know each other for quite a while. I still love your work!

cindy hattersley design said...

So fun viewing the retrospective! Your dining room curtains are wonderful...well everything you do is!!

Leslie Harris said...

Sherry I starting reading your last post and couldn't finish. My heart aches for you. We've lost two precious family dogs over the years and it's crushing. There is nothing sweeter than a dog's love and I came back to give my condolences. It was hard to see those pictures without getting a lump in my throat. Hang in there Sherry, time will help your sadness. And try to focus on how loved Patches felt and what a wonderful life you gave her. These are some thoughts that helped me right after our losses.
xo
Leslie

tanyaj said...

so sorry to hear about the loss of your doggie. i loved the pics you shared, especially the beach one. sweet memories!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Aw Sherry, I just read your post about your sweet pup. Made me cry. So sorry for your tremendous loss. xoxo

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Good for you Sherry for getting back to blogging and life even though you'd rather stay under the covers!! I have loved loved loved all your ORC projects so much!

debra @ 5th and state said...

the ORC without you?! not the same!

dying to see this projects reveal

warm hugs sherry
debra

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Looking at your ORC review...you are so talented!!! Sherry. I'm looking forward to this project (and seeing the cool mirror hung). Glad you are so busy/distracted but know it's with a heavy heart. You struck a cord with all of us missing our lost pets.

Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

So sorry we wont be able to see your ORC makeover this year but love re-visiting your other rooms! Such a talent!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Back to Top