MORE UMCH PICTURES




Thanks to everyone for your vote of confidence on doing a room at the Show House.  I am peeing in my pants excited to complete this project with Lori.....so stay tuned for all the details!

Ironically it seems unsympathetic to be talking about design after watching all of the devastation that Sandy created.  I can't imagine what some of these communities are going through losing power for days or worse losing their homes.  My heart is heavy with sadness for everyone who was affected by this horrible act of nature.

I have a few pictures of some other rooms that were completed by designers at UMCH.  Last night was the wrap party hosted by Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams [MG&BW] for all of the people involved [sponsors and designers].

As you know they donated a sofa and 2 chairs for my room.  Seriously I could not have achieved everything I did with out that donation.  If you happen to purchase anything this month from MGBW  a % of the money goes to Room Service Atlanta.  What a company!

Here is a picture of the founders of Room Service.
Erika Hollinshead Ward and Dayka Robinson.  2 chicks with big hearts.

Just a tease.....here are a few other shots from different rooms.  


Joanne and Kelly of Kandrac & Kole







Lori, Rhoda, and Angela actually did 3 rooms!  I don't have pictures of the entry they did.





I am pretty sure that is everyone!  Those are only sneak peaks.

  There is an open house at UMCH November 5th 3-7 pm.  The address is 500 S. Columbia Drive, Decatur Georgia  30030.  There is a small donation charge of $5.00 and you can view all of the incredible transformations.

Annnnnnnd......there will be an E-magazine featuring every room plus the designers inspiration and sources.  I will let you know when that is available.

I am off to Boulder, Co on Sunday for a quick 48 hours!  Can I just tell you how much I hate to fly?

Hope you all have a swell weekend.....

Sherika



18 comments

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

I wish I could come see all the rooms. They look so great...what good work by everyone!

Have a great weekend. You're married to a pilot...that doesn't help at all?

Have a good one Sherry. xoxo

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great work, by great and generous Designers!
You HATE to fly? My .....if I knew the Stews hated to fly, I never would have!!!

Unknown said...

It looks fabulous! I can't wait to see it all. What a great cause. Have a safe flight and fun weekend.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

The transformation of these rooms is inspiring, what a great cause and great work by so many bighearted designers! Janell

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Oh I'd love to come see the open house... it looks like you'll be in Colorado but will any of the other girls be there? It looks fabulous! Otherwise, I can't wait to check it out in the e-mag : )

Cindy said...

Wow! They're all amazing! You know, i think one's environment and surroundings can greatly affect how one feel about oneself. If you're in a space with well thought out attractive furniture and artwork and pretty colors, a place that is tidy and functional and calming, a place you're proud of... i think it can change your reactions to everything and possibly change your life. What a cool as hell thing to do!

Cindy

TSL said...

Huge peek at all the excitement, very inspiring, all of you, the gorgeous work and all the efforts for goodness!

classic • casual • home said...

So much goodness in design and humanity. Brings a smile to my face.

decorayadora said...

Great work, it looks fabulous . I love your blog you have a new follower from chile

Mimi said...

Oh gosh! This is my first time seeing the other spaces. PHEN.NOMENAL!! I will certainly be at the open house I want to see everything live and in living color. You all did an amazing job!

StagerLinda said...

How heartwarming. Great event. Great designs. Great cause. Love, love, love that grouping of mirrors by the 3 girls with 3 rooms--very dramatic.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Looks great! Have fun in Colorado....I don't like flying either.

Unknown said...

Rooms look great! Love Kelly from Kandrac and Cole; got to meet her in NYC this fall and absolutely love her!! Have a fabulous time in CO!!!

www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

Designing Domesticity said...

Wow, thanks for the sneak peek. Can't wait to see more. Enjoy CO, despite the flight. Thanks for sharing, liz

René said...

This is all so impressive! I'll bet those boys are thrilled to live in such inspiring spaces. What kind souls you all are!

Unknown said...

Every room is just stunning, but I just can't get over how awesome those refrigerators looks with the giant numbers!!!!

designchic said...

So wish I could see this in person - the rooms all look so beautiful and I love to pour over all of the details. Cheers to all of this generosity!!

The Single Nester said...

Great images but why would anyone want a big number 1 and 2 on their fridges?

Back to Top