LAST PICTURES OF UMCH....




Well OK...maybe not the last.....but I never did post the whole room.  You can read about the UMCH  here.  The talented Christina Wedge took some awesome professional shots but I don't have access to them yet.  Erika is working on the E-Zine which will have all the pictures, paint colors, and the designers inspiration.

Soon.

Here are a few more before and afters of my space.

If you remember I was thinking about taking this long cabinet out but there was no flooring underneath.....So I replaced the countertop.




Remember those stools I got a Scott's?  The lamp was from Target [not the shade]  The EXPLORE letters came from World Market, along with the 2 baskets.  Clock is from Ikea.


If you can see, I found some old maps and license plates.  I also had that oil painting I had bought at a flea market.



Before of the TV wall.


I found the dresser at Olivia Morgan Flea Market.  You know the vases are from the Nate Berkus collection.  I had the chair in my basement forever....like 10 years.
The prints came from the 10.00 table at Scott's and the frames from Michaels [during a 50% off sale].  I also had the pillow.  Duh....

 The sunburst mirror was a find at Homegoods.  Best Buy really came through on the TV....46" LED for 250.00 and they threw in the mount.  It was an open box and did have a few scratches on it.


Here is a closeup of the Expedit shelving from Ikea in the new glossy gray.   Those encyclopedias  were already there so I used them.  All of the other old books came from a flea market.  Most of the small artifacts I had around the house.  I did buy that one little ram head from Target.

More books that were already there.


One last shot of the whole room before...

And after.

Now...I don't know if you remember or not but there was a bathroom.

It was pretty much used as a storage room.  Yuk.  I put on my hazmat suit [sorry about the open seat] and cleaned that sucker.

Yes I did.

Sad to say that I had to go really cheap and cheerful with this space....and pretty much did the whole thing on Thursday [the rooms had to be done on Friday].


I slapped up a few stripes.


Added a few rugs from Target. A mirror from Ikea.....there was NO overhead light in this room,  so I just got a plug in one from Ikea and added the little thingy from Home Depot where you can turn it off and on with a switch.  Genius.


Also painted an accent wall and had this piece of slate in my stash from Scott's.

Oh yeah...one more thing.

This is the bathroom and shower area.  My friend Jan stepped up and dressed it up a little.

Just a few little touches.....

I could not have done it with out all the help from many of you who donated....over the internet even! 
  
Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams [sofa and 2 chairs], Castle Painting, Oak Street Electrical, Myers Carpet , Private Bank of Decatur and all the time and energy Jan and Patty gave me.

I have a bedroom install tomorrow....so excited.  Hope they will let me post some pictures :)

Chill out....it's Sunday people!

Shabooty









33 comments

StagerLinda said...

Sherry, this is an AMAZING transformation. You are so talented and clever! Love the grey paneling and bookcase. That little powder room rocks. All your details are grand and glorious! Love following your progress.

Woodside Park said...

Sherry - No matter the budget, you did it with style! I'm glad the long cabinet stayed. With the new countertop, I like its look: a bit utilitarian chic. Plus, it's great storage. And the license plates are too cool!
Cheers,
Loi

An Urban Cottage said...

Really amazing job!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ya done SOO good by them... A wonderful place to grow.

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Sherry I really cannot believe the transformation of your room (and even the cute little bathroom!). It's truly remarkable how paint transformed all of that paneling. I love the gray! And your touches in every inch of the room....the art, the benches, the Expedit shelves, furniture, lighting....I hate to even single out anything for fear of leaving out something special. It's all just fantastic and so generous of you. Bravo!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sherry you are the awesomest of the awesome. I love that you use your gift of making a space beautiful in this way…..love it!

Unknown said...

Now that is what I call making a silk purse from a sow's ear! Sherry, you are incredible and did a fab job of rallying the troops to create warm and wonderful rooms for a good cause.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Well done my friend! Your work is beautiful and your improving the quality of lives! Congratulations - and I love that little oil painting!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Kim said...

You have a Star in Heaven with your your name on it!! You did such an amazing job ... I know how happy they must be with their new home!! xo

michele said...

you nailed it, sherry. way to style it so pretty and functional. you are a miracle worker.

smiles and happy almost-thanksgiving, lovely blogger.

michele

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Remarkable job...Well done!

faye said...

awesome makeover!! it looks really great!!:D

Acquired Objects said...

All I can say is WOW Sherri you did a fabulous job! The kids are going to love it...I hope! Love those leather stools you found.

XXX
Debra~

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Bravo, for the design, your contributions to it, and that your helped make some lives a bit brighter. I love it.

Emily A. Clark said...

You're so smart, Sherika. Love it all, especially the stools.

Unknown said...

FAntastic job! I love those leather stools and how warm and inviting you made that space. You did your magic and it is wonderful!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Catie said...

You are amazing!! The kids are going to love it. GREAT JOB!!! You need a big glass of wine & lots of rest now :) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Victoria said...

Incredible. What a great job on a shoe string. You should be very pleased that you made a difference in the lives of the people who live there. Such a well styled and cheerful space can be uplifting.
Best...Victoria

Pat@BPM said...

Absolutely incredible work, Sherry!

pam {simple details} said...

You are a blessing! Can you even imagine how they'll feel enjoying this special place you've transformed! Wonderful job!

Pura Vida said...

Wow...you did a number on this...and I'm guessing there was no booty for you this weekend! Can you believe that folks are actually taking down wood paneling? hmmmm?

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

I am SO proud of you and your skills. I know its nothing new,but you really did a FANTASTIC job here. Wow. Is that new glossy gray Expedit stock or did you have the gloss grey finish done to it 'after market'? looks GREAT. And boy did you make this room relevant, up to date, and the perfect hangout!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Sherry, great job.....A perfect transformation!

René said...

I would never get tired of looking at this space! You really out did your Shabooty! Love the special touches to the bathroom and had no idea there was such a light. Good to know.

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Your room looks fantastic - I actually like how the long cabinets with countertops ended up looking in the space! Did you get to see the families' reactions? I bet they love it!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

This is so fresh and pretty...like a happy hug.

Francine Gardner said...

This is one of the best Before and After post! The end result is war, inviting, fun and eclectic, just a space you want to live in and enjoy. Will be a follower from now on...

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What a transformation!! You are so talented. Even on a budget, everything looks so tasteful and perfect. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a transformation! You are SO talented. This is my first post but have been following your blog for a while now. Even on a budget everything looks so tasteful and perfect together. Emailed you some time back inquiring about design help for my living room but didn't hear back. I guess you are busy with these projects right now. I wont give up though. LOL!! Look forward to your posts. I really enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

blow it up girl! you done so good. Would love to find all those cool things "just laying around" at my house.

Miss seeing you and your fun girls that week! Can't wait to see the bedroom install.

Hope your Thanksgiving was STELLAR superstar.

xo

designstiles said...

Oh wow, this is really great. I love the styling. I noticed the popcorn in the bowl on the floor. :)

Wonderful Life! said...

You ROCK, so generous with your time and talent. Blessings to these boys!

michele said...

i JUST discovered your blog and have been reading through all morning. so, thanks for that. also: what did you do to your expedit to make it glossy? i have one that i waffle over "keep or sell," but maybe making it shiny and new would tip me to the keep side. you do amazing work, and i'm eager to make another cup and coffee and keep going ... ;)

Back to Top