Sunday ramblings.....

First off, I have to say this...Atlanta I forgive you.  For the ice storms...the snow...a week with out mail and school [although I personally enjoyed the time I am sure some Mom's will have a different opinion of the school closings]....slipping and falling a few times. 
 BECAUSE you surprised us with 72 degrees yesterday.  Yep...you have reminded us that we need winter to appreciate a gorgeous weekend like this so just regard all the nasty things I said and chalk it up to "snow brain"......
I should be out side pulling dead plants out of planters...cause they don't look like this anymore
Or this
But I know that this won't last and even if I clean them out it won't really matter.  I will have plenty of time to do it in March!  Lord I can always find an excuse to put things off.

Part of the reason for this is to remind you that if you are at all interested in the giveaway...then you should check it out...tomorrow I do the giving...

Next is to remind you to check out Room Remix  She did a series last week on paint colors which features Janell from Isabella and Max, Emily from Emily Clark, Lauren from Pure Style Home, Maria from Color Me Happy , Erica from BluLabel Bungalow and me :)
This was a great series and I hope you will check it out.  Who doesn't want to know great colors that others have tried and know to be great!

About the wallpaper....turned out great but now I feel like I need to style the room a little better.  Yes I know it makes me tired just thinking about it.  I want to be a regular person who designs a room and walks away......not the crazy lunatic that I am who keeps at it like somebody trying to bounce a square ball.  So I need a few days to fluff that room up please :)

And last but not least the hair.  First let me give you a little comparison here....I have been going to this place and don't get me wrong...I like the way she cuts my hair....sometimes.  BUT....it seems like she cuts it different every time.  Cause she starts talking and I am sitting there thinking......"shut up and concentrate here babe...this is MY hair".....And another thing the coffee is not that good and served in a paper cup.
So this new place I went...valet parking [me thinking uh oh....$$$].  Receptionist: Would you like a cup of coffee? Me: Why yes that would be lovely.  Here she comes with the little silver tray and a cute little mug and a COOKIE! [me thinking uh oh that probably cost me $20].
But I liked that she was very focused on the hair and she asked me lots of questions and played with it a bit.  Attention cost money.

Here is a geeky picture taken by photo booth....she curled it with a flat iron....????  So there I was after $115.00 vs $82.00.  I don't know......I'll probably go back...just because of the cookie.

My new camera came so now I have to read directions.  Not my strong point.

Happy Sunday
 

24 comments

René said...

I love it Sherry! You are adorable!

-Rene

suzy said...

Sherry, seriously??? $115.00 for a haircut in ATL??
Far cry from Binghamton @ $40 and my girl is fabulous!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Yes, the weather this weekend is spectacular and it will end soon though. Love the hair. I hope that wasn't the price for just a haircut. If it was I feel much better about what I pay!! And they do serve drinks where I go, too.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Great haircut! My question is: why do we have to pay NY prices in the ATL? It's ridiculous. Nutty. We live Georgia. I'd rather spend my money decorating. :)
Enjoy the sunshine-- all I did was deadhead my pitiful pansies in hopes they'll perk up for spring.

Design Elements said...

looks wonderful!

abby @ a delightful design said...

Hair looks super cute. And the prices in MI are the same (unless you go to the crappy place) and we don't have valet. ;-)

funny tidbit: my next post is going to be on people will pay plenty for their hair but won't hire a designer.

A Vintage Vine said...

Really cute! I love a great hair cut and looks like you got one!

beachvintage.com said...

You get what you pay for, stick with the new hairdresser!

jessica // union shore said...

very cute!! looks great! and you definitely get what you pay for... i went to one of those "chain" stores to save a few bucks, and they did a horrible job!! never again!! lol

Unknown said...

Super cute! Come to So. Cal. - the price sounds right to me, ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
cookie or not you look gorgeous...
although the cookie does have merit...
definitely go back...
maureen

My Interior Life said...

Your hair looks fabulous! And who doesn't love a cookie with their coffee. I think my Nashville stylist is $60 or $70; I've kind of lost track. I've been going to her so long, I can't see leaving and she does a great job with my cut although she always parts my hair wrong. Hmm.

Anyway, can't wait to read about the color recommendations!

Julie Holloway said...

Sherry, you are too cute. I love it! (Although you & I must be alike....you really look different in person. Not a good or bad thing, just different!)

What up with that weather yesterday? Only in Georgia.

Cool about your paint color post....gotta go & read it.

Naomi @ Design Manifest said...

My hair place is a bit overpriced too, but you know what? They give me a little neck massage before the hair cut. Totally worth it. A cookie would be nice too.

So jealous of your warm day!

Anonymous said...

aaaahh, 72 degrees. Sounds pretty much like heaven to me at this point in the winter. We won't see that until May or even June. :-(
Thanks for the shout-out about the paint series, and thanks again for contributing!
The haircut is super cute, and I'm jealous that you get a cookie. Might have to change stylists :-)

Snippets/Sarah said...

I'm just getting started with blogging and came across your blog. Those flower arrangements are really wonderful. Everything is so well spaced and proportioned. Interesting read so I'll be back!

Marianne said...

Your hair looks great. You do get what you pay for and I think service is everything. Well worth every penny!

Angie said...

Girl, beeeautiful! I wonder how the cut would look letting your hair go naturally curly???

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love the haircut! So adorable and totally worth the money AND a cookie to boot!

Adored the weather too...painted my chairs that I got at the auction...should be covering the seats right now, BUT I am playing in blog land!

Another auction this Saturday! Can't wait!

Lou Cinda

Vanessa@decor happy said...

I'd say keep going back - your hair looks great! I have paid more than that and there's always the tip on top of that - but you get what you pay for.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it! Is the blue and green painting depicted at the top by an Atlanta artist? thanks, Dee

SHERRY HART said...

Anonymous...no her name is Rebecca A. Cabassa Gulf Breeze Florida 850 934 2855.

A Perfect Gray said...

you are too cute. I'm determined to meet you one day!

Kellie Collis said...

You look fabulous! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

Back to Top