The Stylish Blogger Award??????

WHAT????  Me???  But I don't even know what I'm doing?  I'll take it and say thank you Marianne from Style for Living!!!  Marianne is a designer living in Washington State.  I love her blog and she has the two cutest dogs ever..... besides mine of course :)



So the deal with this award is that  I have to list 7 things about me.  That seems weird.... using an uneven number?  Why not 10 or 5?  Short answers or paragraphs?  I guess random?  Oh well, I am just going to go with it because I am sure they are not going to change the rules this late in the game.

1. If somebody gives me the choice of where I want to vacation it will always be the beach.......I absolutely love the sound of the ocean and when I was young all of our family vacations were at  the beach in Pawleys Island, South Carolina.  Those are my best memories.  Hands down.

2. I love to read but can't seem to find a lot of time to do it.  The best book I have read lately was by Kelly Corrigan: The Middle Place.  It is a memoir about her father and their relationship.  I absolutely loved it and  it was one of those books that I didn't want to finish....I just wanted it to go on and on.  

3.  I was a flight attendant for 20 years.  Yep...sky whore....sky goddess....whichever!  I have to say those were some of the best years of my life.  I was young and carefree and all I did was travel.  Now I am afraid to get on an airplane.  Go figure.

                                  1972.  My uniform.  Hot pants.  Yeah...you read that right.

4.  There is nothing I like better than to laugh.  I will say I have a small, tiny mean streak in me.  I laugh when people fall.  Oh I wait until I make sure they are OK...but the second I see that 911 does not have to be called I break out into full open mouth hysterics.  I am talking pee in your pants laughter.  I have this friend Maria.....well.....she falls all the time.  That is another whole post in itself.

That is Maria on the left.  I bet she will be pissed that I threw her under the bus like that :)

5.  I have been teaching fitness classes for about 30 years.  Yep.  Even back when they wore leg warmers and headbands a la Jane Fonda.  It wasn't pretty.
check out that kinky hair!!!  you can't see the leg warmers in this pic but I know I had them on.

6.  I am the oldest of 4 [2 sisters and a brother].  Both of my parents are gone.  That was sad.  My family means everything to me.  There is absolutely nothing that I wouldn't do for them.  I am so proud of all of their accomplishments.

7. I. Love. Design.  I eat, sleep, and breath it.  I want to knock on doors and tell people "go away for 2 days and when you come back your house will look so good you will wonder how you lived there before".  I don't mean that in a mean or "I am the best" way...just in a way that I really love to tweak, fluff, and style what they have.  Seriously, when I was a kid and played with Barbie, which by the way I was the first girl on my block to have, I was always redecorating her crib.  I loved Barbie and was sad when I was 18 or 25 and my Mom pried her out of my hands and said "you will never have any boyfriends if you don't stop playing with that dang doll".  She was a realist.  And...she didn't mince words.

So now I have to pass this along to 7 others bloggers.

Naomi at Design Manifest
Stephanie at Little Shop
Allison at Life in the Semi-Fab-Lane
Lissa at After Adornment
Ashley at An Inviting Abode
Kathy at My Interior Life
Nicole at Design Blooms
Lou Cinda at Tattered Hydrangeas

If any of you guys have already participated then sue me.  Do it again.  I am sure there are 7 more things we can learn about you.   I tried to google Stylish Blogger Award to find out about the whole gig like where it came from..... but nothing.  Where is the list of who has done it and who hasn't.
Hey it's an award....I don't get many of those so I'm in.

Pictures of Scotts coming soon!  It was so fun this month.

16 comments

Kim said...

I had grandiose plans to go to Scott but then decided I'd better get my ducks in a row with the predicted ice storm coming. Last time we had a full fledged ice storm, we had no power for 4 days. Oh the joys of an old house with above ground power lines and a forest of trees. So instead of finding accessory treasures I was doing everything I could think of that required electricity. No fun.

A Perfect Gray said...

you deserve this one, babe....

loved you rockin' out those hot pants - almost as much as I loved that old school limo in the background....

peace, love and flower power, you hippie chick! donna

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I didn't know you were in to fitness and even teach it. Look forward to your Scott's pics. I will go some day.

SisterBatik said...

Hello

Congratulations on receiving the award! We loved reading your 7 facts, especially redesigning Barbie's crib : )

We came by your great blog through the Glam Lamb and look forward to following. We absolutely love the home and find your interior design projects very beautiful.

We recently started creating our own brand of ecclectic pillows, stemming from a love of textiles. We would love you to visit our blog, where we share our pillow creations and our dreams for 2011:

http://sisterbatik.blogspot.com/

Thank you

SisterBatik

Privet and Holly said...

FUN learning
all your deep,
dark secrets : )
Congrats and
keep stylin'!!
xx Suzanne

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Congratulations! Fun learning more about you. Love Scott's , so I can't wait to see what you found.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Congrats on winning the award!! No one more deserving than you I might add! And the 7 facts were so informative! What a wonderful adventure as a "flight attendant" and totally rocking the fitness goddess....still!

Had a blast at Scott's! Thank you so much for taking the time to tour us around! You are a doll...in every way!

Oh! And thanks for passing the award to me! I gotta think of 7 interesting things about myself! That is going to be a challenge!
(ones that are printable anyway)

Stay Warm! It is snowing like crazy here!

Lou Cinda

My Interior Life said...

Sherry,

Congratulations on your award. You definitely deserve this one. And I loved learning more about you. I seem to recall you mentioning the fitness instructor gig before, but not that you were a flight attendant for 20 years! How cool is that?! I too love design, the beach and to read (and to laugh of course) so I feel like a kindred spirit. I am BEYOND flattered that you nominated me. I will do my best to come up with 7 things that won't put people to sleep. Thank you SO much!

Kathy

clippingimages said...

Excellent .Well done .


havenlife@rocketmail.com

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Oh thank you!

Loved reading this. Fight attendant, huh? Fitness instructor? Wow!

Marianne said...

Loved learning more about you. The pictures are priceless!

paula said...

the beach is my fave destination too. Love the leotard ;)

Cindy, Austin, TX said...

I passed on the Stylish Blogger Award to you too this morning! You are amazing. If only you'd come down to Austin to help me!!

http://shadestonehome.blogspot.com/

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

what a fun post! congrats on your award and thanks for giving it to me. i didn't really know what it was either, but i'm honored:) great, now i have to think of seven things to tell about myself! you had some pretty good ones.

Terry said...

Congratulations and thanks for visiting my place. As for the beach: absolutely.

bluehydrangea said...

Sherry,
I am catching up on some posts I missed and I had to comment on number 4. I am the same way! I can not control it! Once my husband almost broke his ankle when he tripped and fell and to this day I can start laughing just thinking about it!! He does NOT find it as funny as I do. And my sister falling..does it get any better?!!(PS I loved your home tour, the nursery and that fab little hallway you posted today!!)xo Sissy

Back to Top