Snow Day and a quick change!

Well...they said it was coming but I never really believe it.  THE snow storm.  THE one that will shut down the city.  Right.  Whatever.  I am the skeptic who doesn't bother running to the store for bread and milk.  And you know why????  If I am stuck in my house I do not want to exist on that!  If I have a lot of bread in my house, I will just toast it, put lots of butter on it and pop it into my mouth.  My size 8 jeans will not be happy.

No worries...I have a friend who loves to cook and there is always good food in her house.  She is Mrs. Cleaver and I am Eddie Haskell always over there mooching.  For you people who do not know who Eddie Haskell is I am afraid I can't help you.  But let me just say he was a real suckup.

ON another note....I have learned that if you want to feel good write a post about plastic surgery!!!  I felt like I got 30 comments from my Mom....saying "honey....you are pretty just the way God made you :)"
Thanks guys.....sweetness.

There were quite a few questions about the pillows in my bedroom and some nursery questions.  I thought I would just include them in this post.

The pillows on my bed first.  The 3 shams are Riad from Kravet fabrics.
The long pillow fabric I got at Lewis and Sheron Textiles as well as the  one floral pillow.  I believe it is a Robert Allen fabric.
The small pillow is from Homegoods and it has been about everywhere in my house!

The nursery:
The alphabet blocks, crib, bike, orange stuffed animal in the crib came from The Seed Factory
The baby animal prints came from The Animal Print Shop on Etsy.

I think that is it.

Baby G finally arrived 6 days late!  He weighed in at 8 1/2 lbs.  Everyone is doing great and I am sure that he will love his new digs when he can take it all in!

I took these pictures of of the hallway when I was at Mande's house.  It is upstairs between her bedrooms.  There were upper cabinets but  they got  removed.  A little left over wallpaper from a job I did and some shelves added.  

Check it out.

Shelves from Ikea.


Paint on the bottom cabinets is Farrow and Ball: Mouses Back...the BEST color!


Her twin sisters kids!
Shelves are so much nicer than cabinets!

This picture is so weird.  That old window is actually a mirror.  The doors you see are across the hall to the laundry area.  It looks like they are behind the window huh???

On the second snow day I  went to the gym  [it is walking distance from my house so there is no excuse!]  We rounded up enough people to get a class going by the owner who is a sadist which the dictionary describes at someone who is deliberately cruel.  He was.  I was so hurting from that beating.  Still.  

  


15 comments

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I'm first! Clearly, the snow days have gotten to me and I have no life! Gorgeous room! Love the wallpaper.

Sharon resorted to breaking up the ice with a hammer to get OUT of her driveway!! We had an auction to get to Saturday night! So much fun!

Hope you are thawed out by now...though I did hear there is a 40% chance of freezing rain here tonight! Shut.Up!!!

Lou Cinda

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Sherry, Just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes, I really appreciate it. Simone xx

Anonymous said...

:-). What a fun way to start out my day - you always make me laugh! (and, yes, I do know who Eddie Haskell is.)

The wallpaper and shelves look great there! I thought the doors were behind the mirror too - weird... Happy Monday, Sherry!

My Interior Life said...

Love that Cole & Sons wallpaper. And such a unique place for it. I wish I had access to Farrow & Ball paint because I've seen that Mouse's Back before and love it!

Eddie Haskell - ha! You couldn't be that smarmy.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

bravo to you for making it to the gym...I didn't. No excuses tomorrow :)
Love that paint color.
Mary Ann

Mary Ann Pickett said...

PS. I think those baskets (or some similar) are at IKEA. Saw some today that look great.

Julie Holloway said...

so hard to figure out that door has mirrors? It is like one of those optical illusion pictures. Looks gorgous, of course, and so glad Baby G is healthy! Aren't you glad we're thawing out here?

Kellie Collis said...

Those are beautiful shelves! And like you said those mirrors are weird! It looks fantastic though. Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

lisaroy said...

I love Mande's hallway - that wallpaper is fab - I'd love to use it in my powder room. Those doors did look like they were behind that window!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my kitchen makeover! Have a great day!! :)

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i love seeing ikea items in people's homes!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, love the painted cabinetry! Janell

Rashon Carraway said...

I must make a trip to Ikea...again...

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

paula said...

looks gorgeous. one of my favorite wallpapers paired with one of my favorite paint colors...sigh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
the shelves look so good with that wallpaper...nice combination...love it..
have a good weekend..
maureen

casey at loft and cottage said...

Loving everything about that bar area!

Back to Top