A little fluffing for the party.....

Monday 2 bloggers featured my nursery but I have been too sick to even thank or acknowledge them....The very talented and might I add beautiful Emily Clark and Room Remix.  I love both of their blogs and have their post emailed to me so I don't miss a thing.  PK even made my pictures better [a talent I don't have] with photoshop and you should run over there and see.  Wonder how she would feel about editing all of my photos for me :)  I am starting to care about life again [funny how being sick will do that to you] and I might even show some concern about my hygiene today and take a shower.

I actually wrote this post last week but was too busy vacationing to care about posting.  Yeah...I can be selfish like that.

About a week ago I decided to have some neighbors over for some Christmas Cheer.  I don't know what came over me because that usually throws me into panic mode.  I don't know about you, but I am the most critical about my own house and there is always something to do.  Sometimes I am looking at something to paint and then I think what the hell...not right now....think I will go read a blog or pluck my eyebrows.
I did have some time this week so I went up in my attic and pulled down some pictures and things to re-accessorize my bedroom a little.  I had bought the jars at Scott's last summer but did not have the cork inserts for them, but my lamp guy called me last week to say they were ready.  Perfect timing...think I'll have a party.



Then I hung these egg prints that were in my bedroom 15 years ago.  I forgot I had them :)  That could be a hint that I need to sell some stuff.

I am so glad I didn't sell them because I love how they warmed up the space.
Then I took out my paint and put those diamonds on my chest.  After I painted them, I sanded it down and put some liming wax on to lighten up even more.  I figured if I didn't like it I could always paint over.  Love paint.



So this is where I put the Restoration lamp.  Yeah about that lamp.  I can not for the life of me figure out how to turn it on!  Seriously.  I have combed over that whole darn thing and THERE IS NO ON/OF SWITCH.  wtf.
And then I found this cute little rug at HG.  Ok, here is the funny thing.  My husband walks in from his trip and said "why did you buy a new bath rug?"  Not why did you buy the lamp....new pillows in the LR....new lamps in the LR....no sir...he zeroed in on the $23.00 bath rug.  Never even noticed the other stuff.  I just looked him straight in the eye and said "honey that rug has been there and I really can't believe you never notice anything I do around here".  Then I started in about how he never notices my haircuts and by the time I was done he was backing out of the room mumbling.  That's how I roll.



38 comments

Mary said...

Hi Sherry,
I just found your blog through Emily's post on the nursery. Great by the way!
But I have to tell you that I wish my husband didn't notice what I do around the house. He get's upset if I replace something. He thinks we need to live like our parents did. Buy a "set" of furniture and live with it for the rest of our lives!
Have I got news for him!!!
Now that I got that off my chest...back to check out your archives.

Abby M. Interiors said...

Sherry! I have missed you and your posts while I was in Mexico! What a beautiful home. Those egg prints are perfect and I love what you did to the dresser. Although I have to say what caught my eye the most (and made me REALLY want to buy some) were the pillows. I just can't get enough.
xo and happy new year!
abby

Kacey @ Shes.No.Martha said...

Just found your blog and I like your style (well, style/style and personality).

My husband is the same way -- won't notice a haircut, but completely zeros in on my new (100th pair) of black shoes.

I usually decide to do a full renovation before any party. It's the only way we get sh*t done at my house.

Looking foward to more blog posts!

littleshop said...

very soothing. and clean (how do you do that?!). I'm really jealous of your ability to focus on your own home and have a clear "design". My house is completely schizophrenic.

Kim said...

My husband is so unobservant. I always say that if he didn't look at the checking account online, I could remodel the entire house and he'd never notice. The old "that's been there forever, you never notice anything" always works here.

René said...

I hope you feel better Sherry! You deserve all of the kudos! Why DID you buy that $23 rug, HA!

-Rene

Marianne said...

Love all of your updates! Everything looks so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. The room is beautiful. You and your husband are too funny.

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you're feeling better- I can relate, my whole family had either the flu or pneumonia over the holidays so I'm just starting to come back to life too. In any event, your room and bathroom are stunning. Love the colour palate and the pictures over your bed are fantastic. Great job!

Unknown said...

You are so funny! That is a great rug find by the way! My husband noticed I painted the bedroom from yellow to blue about a week later ... hmmmm. BTW, the nursery is adorable...I do not know how I missed that but am so glad that you mentioned it today or I would have missed it completely. LOVE it!

maggie said...

love getting up to a "sherry" post! I love the way the bedroom turned out with all the extra touches! the bathroom rug is awesome! love it all..as usual!! :)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

MEN!! Everything is gorgeous! LOVE that pedestal with the coral....great textures...LOVE that!

And at least the lamp "looks" good!

And that rug? Just makes the room! lol

Lou Cinda

Tammy@InStitches said...

Oh no, a lamp that won't turn on, good thing it's so pretty ! Love your bedroom, the pillows are my fave.

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

your bedroom and bathroom are gorgeous. i love your style!
that last part sounds exactly like my husband. i totally handle that situation the same way. funny:)

Amy The Best Step-Daughter-in-Law This Side of the Mississippi said...

Best line ever: "I just looked him straight in the eye and said "honey that rug has been there and I really can't believe you never notice anything I do around here". Then I started in about how he never notices my haircuts and by the time I was done he was backing out of the room mumbling. That's how I roll."

I gotta remember this for future arguments with Higgins Part Deux about new home purchases. Genius!

AntiqueChase said...

Funny post..loved it

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Emily was right...you really are hilarious! I'm still giggling about the conversation with the hubbs. Awesome. You are looking at your newest follower...(c:

http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

You crack me up! I say things like that to my husband all the time too. Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Your bedroom looks great. Regarding your lamp, have you tried calling Restoration Hardware about the problem? That is so strange. Maybe your lamp guy can fix it too.

La Boheme said...

New to your blog but so happy I found you. Funny and talented is a great combo! Hope you feel better!

Cindy said...

Is this your bedroom? It's BEAUTIFUL! I love the pillows on the bed and the headboard and the colors you used... and the rug in the bathroom is perfect! Poor husbands... i'm pretty sure my guy thinks i'm completely insane... the way i move furniture around, and drag things off the curb, and make him drive the getaway car when i steal magnolia leaves...
and, when you find out how to turn on that lamp, please post about it, i'm dying to know!

Cindy

Nancy Hood said...

hahaha I love it!! When mine notices something that was a bit 'pricey' I look a bit astonished, and remark, "this?" He quickly apologizes for not noting it sooner and tells me he really likes it ;) Women. I think it's built into our nature ;)

quintessence said...

lol- my husband always says that the best defense is a good offense - I'd say you already knew that! Love all your updates and you don't mention the coral - but that's pretty smashing as well.

jessica // union shore said...

you did a great job with the updates!!

www.creativeindexblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love it! Just found your blog through Emily's! I'm so glad to be a new follower of yours!

xo- Carmel

jvw home said...

you're too funny!
hey i love that rug!
all the colors and the glass lamp are great...
very serene/calming....

Emily A. Clark said...

So glad you're feeling better! Being that sick just stinks.

And, my favorite part of this post is how you decide to read a blog or pluck your eyebrows. . . We may share the same random, A.D.D. brain.

Julie Holloway said...

oh, how do I love thee? there is nothing like a sherry post (and it looks amazing)

Angie said...

OK, here's the deal with that lamp you bought at Restoration Hardware. I went the day before you did and almost bought that lamp. I decided against it because the on/off switch is missing! It should be by the light dome but if you look very carefully, you will see a hole there instead. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!!

SHERRY HART said...

Well Angie...don't you just like to rain on parades! If there is a hole... that means that something WAS there so at least that gives me hope!!!

Lissa Pierce said...

Sherry, Love all the new stuff....I am dying here for your bed pillows! And too funny about your husband....I have tried that multiple times but it never works for me!

Angie said...

But the lamp looks beautiful there! Who cares if doesn't turn on. You won't actually read a book there will you??

Privet and Holly said...

Glad to hear that
you are feeling better!
Like you, I'm almost
back to the land of
the living....almost.
Your bedroom is gorgeous
and I had to laugh at
your hubby's comment as
it is SO true how they
will hone in on one thing
but not notice others.
Your bathroom is darling,
too. Belated New Year's
wishes! Here's a toast
to taking on 2011 HEALTHY
and with gusto!
xx Suzanne

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Oh my, Are we married to the same man? And have we had that conversation about haircuts more than once? Please! You did a great job.

SHERRY HART said...

Angie...are you insinuating that I am a shallow person and don't read?????

Jennifer said...

First I must say, "Pretty room!" Second, love the Puerto Rico photo. And then ... I just laughed out loud due to your hubby-rug story and I thank you for that. Just found your blog, I will be back, and I do not think you are stuck up for not replying! Have a fabulous day :)

Lili said...

Gorgeous bedroom and I love the pillows ad headboard!!!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Love your house! I'm a new follower!

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Sherry- What a gorgeous bedroom. The little egg pictures just make me think "nest".


That is just too funny about your husband! Let me guess he is not in the design field...

Loretta

Back to Top