It's about time....

OK...part 3 of  mart is still delayed so that I can bring you this info.
Today I am finally [6 months later] getting this put up.

Oh...don't get me wrong.  I actually ordered the paper and have had it.  But then I couldn't decide if I wanted to do it...do I want to paint the room a lighter color [the backgound of the paper] do I want to put it on the ceiling...blaa...blaa...blaa....so there it sat in a closet for 6 months.  Then right before my little Christmas party on the 23rd [like 2 days before] I called my paper girl and blazingly asked if she could come put it up before the party.  I literally had to hold the phone out the window cause her mean and callous laugh shook me to the core.  What....for real...what is the big deal.  Oh...I see...your are very busy with people who actually booked ahead of time.  Humbly hang up phone and pouted for at least a minute.  Moved on.....I'm simple like that.  No grudge holding for me :)

On to today.  Here are the words I said to propel me forward....you can always paint the room after.  If you don't like it change it.   That is what designers say to themselves...not to clients.  Clients:  Timeless....you'll love it.....your friends will be envious.....please pick this one because it is MY favorite and I want to see it up.  And other stuff.  If any of my clients are reading this...not you....older clients from way back.

Another thing I am excited about...how did this post become about: me  me  me  me!
I ordered a new camera: The Canon G12.



I really thought about this.  Ok obsessed.  Ok stalked.  But I wanted something that was still easy to carry and the thought of trying to figure out how to use one of those honking big cameras with lens and lots of buttons will throw me into a tailspin.  Directions, lessons...and just another dang obsession.  Not now please.

If you remember today is new haircut day.  Hope I don't end up like this.....

It is a rainy Tuesday here in the ATL.

28 comments

Kathysue said...

Hi Sherry, Love the wallpaper!! My post tomorrow is on this very subject, Wallpaper!!! I think it is going to be wonderful and cheerful. love the color!!! Good luck on the haircut. Are you trying something totally new? That does always feel a bit scary Okay a lot scarey!!! Take a pict and share later,Kathysue

Karena said...

Sherry too funny...I know, decisions decisions!!

I think you room will look great and I KNOW you hair will turn out MUCH nicer than hers! Ha!

to brighten your day....

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

A Vintage Vine said...

WOW!!! What a post...lots in there...1st can't wait to see the wallpaper, I can't believe wallpaper is back in. Remember wall paper from 15 yrs ago...lots and lots of cabbage roses!
2nd...Good luck with haircut
3rd...Looking forward to another Mart post.
4th...FYI...saw your paint advice on Room Remix....Good stuff!

Abby M. Interiors said...

You realize that all this hair talk means you'll have to share the "big reveal"!! So fun that you got a new camera. {every bloggers dream} Now get that paper up! I love it!
xo

My Interior Life said...

Oh, good, you got your camera. I can never seem to commit to wallpaper although I love it dearly (see my powder room paint post)! So, I feel your pain. Can't wait to hear about your haircut!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

You are too funny! Love the reasoning between designers and clients :)

Lissa Pierce said...

Too many choices! I love the idea of putting it on the ceiling...like being under the trees.
I also just got a new camera. One with the lense and all the buttons and stuff....it's hard, but I'll get it someday!

paula said...

can't wait to see up. You are on of the only ones that can make me actually laugh out loud.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I could have helped you out with the wallpaper hanging...used to do it as a sideline back in the day when it was all the rage! A girlfriend and I had a little busines...Covergirls...get it? Cover (as in the wall) girls...I know it was a long time ago!

New haircut! Can't wait to see it!

Lou Cinda

suzy said...

Be sure and post a pic of your haircut!

Lisa Mowry said...

I hope I see you in person tomorrow with your new 'do...:)

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

The wallpaper is delicious! Can't wait to see it up... I love visiting your blog-- always a chuckle in store. Good luck in the chair today!!

Anonymous said...

gee, Sherry, I hope your hair stylist does a great job and that you don't end up like the image....yikes....
If I lived nearby, I would help you with the wallpaper...
looks spring-y and fresh...
maureen

Gretchen O. said...

I have always loved that paper! And it will look fabulous. I had to laugh about calling the paper girl, b/c I am the same way, when I decide to do something...I want it done NOW, lest I change my mind, again! And congrats on the camera, I am sure you will love it.

Julie Holloway said...

you'll have to tell me if you love that camera. I just bought a little one at Target because I can never figure out the big honkin' one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry, You always leave such nice comments on my blog that I popped over here to check yours out. OMgoodness! You are unbelievably talented. I looked at your website as well. Incredible. I'm now a follower! :)

SuzyMcQ said...

Hi Sherry, I just found your blog and you are amazing! i read tons of decorating blogs and, well, I just love yours and enjoy that you are so honest and down to earth and a fantastic decorator.

I used to work for Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma Home and you are so good at giving your rooms an expensive look at a reasonable price. They don't look "decorated," they look genuine and clean and crisp.

I am so looking forward to following your blog to see what you come up with next.

Kellie Collis said...

Wonderful camera choice! I can't wait to see your shots taken from it. Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

Anonymous said...

Ok. I'm waiting for the gorgeous haircut photo. :-) You're so brave to wallpaper. I love seeing it but, quite honestly, just don't think I could bring myself to do it (maybe one of those temporary wallpapers they have now?). Your comments about what you say to clients cracked me up.

Val said...

Congrats on the camera!!! You deserve it!!!! Can't wait to see the new hair style!!

designchic said...

Love the wallpaper...can't wait to see it hanging. Good luck with the haircut!!

Deserae said...

Ohhhh can't wait to see the new wallpaper hung...it will be stunning! Sooooo,how did the haircut turn out? Don't keep us hanging too long :o)
~Des

Mona Thompson said...

I need a dose of you every morning to make me smile. Love the wallpaper!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Seriously, you would think getting a haircut is like going to the dentist because I *dread* it...it just always feels like you never know what you're going to get! But the wallpaper looks FABULOUS! Can't wait to see it up!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You crack me up. I was laughing out loud. I say to clients "Just live with it for a while." I'm getting my hair done tomorrow and it is way over due.
Mary Ann

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry, because I love your blog so much and its new to me, I am sending you a Stylish Blog Award. Don't feel obligated but its always fun to find out more and receive an award at the same time.xK

René said...

OK Sherry. We all want to see the reveal. Love the wall paper.

-Rene

Anonymous said...

great work!!
Check out mine at September 2017 moon phases calendar thanks

Back to Top