PROJECT UPDATE







Man....every week/day there is so much change....these are crazy times and I feel like I am in a science fiction movie.  We just got the message here in Georgia to shelter in place starting today at 6 pm so that has put the skids on all of us....

Every time I feel sorry for myself I think of all those New Yorkers that don't have a back yard....and can't go out to the streets.....it really puts it in perspective.

I have some updates of the Ladisic Fine Homes project that I have been checking on after hours when empty.

It's coming along nicely and it's fun to see so many of the things that were picked out many months ago come to life!  Hopefully you realize that I am posting things just to entertain...what is actually happening in life is real and I get it.

This bathroom is a favorite....


This is the graphic floor....


And the hardware....

The master bath is coming along....




 

The first picture is the upstairs laundry....followed by the main level laundry.


This paneling will be painted with 2 sconces above it!





I love this inexpensive tile floor.....



This is the door hardware....

This bathroom has a tile wall feature which has  mirror space built in. 


And hubba hubba....these doors leading into the master bedroom.

The ceiling of the MBR



The lighting is going in this week.....so stay tuned for after hours shots....meaning the job site is shut down for the day.

I am trying to stay focused....still getting up at the same time....making the bed....walk Cami....take a shower and get dressed!  I have been doing some work outs and my goal every day to record at least 7 miles or more on my Apple Watch.

An old friend of mine from my flying days sent me this! Probably circa 1974



And when I feel myself start to complain to friends....

I think of this and it's easy to shake off right? 

So I leave you for the weekend. 

If you can...get outside in your yard....stretch.....feel hope....reach out to friends even when you want to just shut down. Try to laugh at something....it's so good for the soul.

Check in with me....because I really do care.

Sheriky Freaky





  





9 comments

Unknown said...

Sherry - I have followed your blog for years as it is my "go to" for inspiration. I've never left a comment as I typically just enjoy from afar. During these trying times, I am suddenly drawn to telling you that you are an inspiration on all fronts. You are willing to give your followers a glimpse of how you are are no different than the rest of us - frustrations with relationships, health, weight, timelines, job responsibilities, and the changing world. We are all in this together. Even though you haven't met most of us, you have sisters that are walking beside you and truly understand the difficult path. Keep the faith and the fabulous humor - we love you and are praying for you! Best, a great fan, Nancy!

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
I agree with everything in the previous comment! Your’s is the only blog I have followed non-stop for the past 9 years. I love your humor, and your willingness to be so transparent and vulnerable. I always look forward to seeing your gorgeous projects, and also hearing about your personal joys and struggles. Thank you for sharing so openly and consistently, even through the tough times. You are truly an inspiration!

XO

Anonymous said...

You rock Sherry! Enjoy your weekend and Cami too.
Michelle from Vegas.

Sherri said...

I enjoy anything and everything you post about. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Your style really resonates and inspires me!

AnneHH said...

Sherry, You have gauged it exactly right! I NEED your posts these days as I may never had needed them before. Wish you could see my eyes brighten and my mouth smile when I see the email in my inbox that you have a new post!! JOY!!! Keep the beauty and the realness coming!! The hardware and the tile on that job are making me fan myself!! SO gorgeous! You have an amazing eye and I just LOVE your work. DESIGN GENIUS!! Keep safe and healthy and feel the love and support from us, your readers.

PattiC said...

I, too, look forward to each new post! Thank you!

Pam Bolton said...

Sherry I agree with every word that the kind women wrote above. My life in the real world is so frightening and sad I that look forward for your posts for a little beauty and humor. I see you as an example of how to deal with heartbreak with grace and the will to endure and push through the pain. My hubby of 36 years has COPD, is anemic and about to start dialysis. My oldest daughter was released from the hospital yesterday after 8 days of being treated for congestive heart failure and my youngest daughter has MS. Thank you for sharing with us. Your vulnerability is inspiring. Stay safe and healthy and keep posting, please.
ps...That window in the laundry room is the bomb. I can't wait to see the finished project after you have zhushed it up.
Virtual hugs.

June Pope said...

Look at you, handing out advice for us to pull our boot straps up and get out amongst, well, amongst some fresh air. There you go Girl! I’m doing my best here in Wilmington, NC while my hubby is putting in really long days in DC with the National Guard. You sound so good in this post, like you’re finding your legs again. I’m here for it. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, your design, and your realism. The other day you asked if someone could tell you how to reply to comments. I believe this may be what you are looking for under “Manage your blog's comments” then “Set your Blogger comments settings.”

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

Back to Top