SCOTT'S ANTIQUE MARKET






So yeah....I ghosted on Friday.  I didn't mean to but I was going to the mart and just didn't have time to pull something together.  I know...lame excuse.  

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with work right now so I am just trying to keep my s**t together.  I know I am not the only person with a full schedule so I hate to complain.....I am a sissy:)  

How long has it been since I have done a Scott's post?  I haven't been in ages so Rose and I decided to wander down there and see what kind of trouble we could get into:)

We got an early start and traffic was light so that was a plus.  I live about 19 miles away so without traffic it is a quick trip.

I am looking for some art for a client but she is VERY picky....as she is a curator of art.... and she makes shooting my selections down a sport:)




I want some black and white art for her bathroom with some pretty chunky gold frames....preferably vintage....



Of course it can't be any reproductions either....

So in a few words....I found nothing!

On another note I love Scott Kerrs work [I have one of them myself].







I don't know who did this one but it definitely checks all the boxes!  White vases....with branches....check! Cool art with some black in it....check!

I can hardly resist anything that is raw wood....and this long bench made me giddy....


And this piece was everything.....

Of course we all know dark wood is back in a big way.  I think the only reason to paint dark furniture is if it is a cheap piece but has good lines!


This table was gorgeous.....

Raise your hand if you hate faux greenery....but you're not going to find my hand up!  I am all for it in the right spot.  And there is not much I like more than moss hanging around in a vessel.  Yes please....




For the same bathroom I am looking for a small 2x3 rug.  I loved the colors in these but I couldn't decide!  Lucky for me he is local so I need to go by and grab a few so we can see which ones works the best.....






I did pick this up for a client....it's so very hard to find neutrals now without blue in them....I was desperate for something like this for a foyer and it was perfect!!


Now for some random goodness....

Anything old and concrete right?


Vintage rattan....yup!

Asian pottery has me real interested lately.....

A gathering of crusty old frames....


Still digging African baskets and like how they painted one of them 1/2 white.....


Armoires.....you can't give them away but this beauty was OK by me.


It was a fun day......




Here's hoping everyones week is off to a good start!

Shayrika







4 comments

AnneHH said...

Love going on this tour of Scott's with you!! So many pretty things. Can you tell us who makes the white sneakers your friend is wearing in the last pic? Please. SO cute! You are both very stylish!

KathyMillerTime said...

Loved the 3rd rug! Also after downsizing into a still nice sized house I just didn’t have the storage space for all my entertaining stuff. My 2 antique armoires have been life savers!

teaorwine said...

That inlaid table is a beaut!
Great find to put in the car.

debra @ 5th and state said...

look at you two cuties, 38 years young if I were to guess!
xo

Back to Top