SOUTHERN LIVING IDEA HOUSE 2019






You guys are the best.....thanks for the love with my nieces shower!  

I'm sitting here right now and every muscle in my body aches.  If you watch my instastories then you might have seen I am working out at a new place!

Bach [pronounced Batch] Fitness is right down the street near my house....and y'all this is not your watered down version.   It's a H.I.I.T. class [high intensity interval training] and it kicks my butt.




In a good way.  

I worked with a trainer for about 15 years [I got a good deal since I worked at a gym] and when the recession hit I had to give it up.  This class is very weights driven and y'all I have to say this.....cardio is great for weight loss but if you want to change the shape of your body the only way to do that is using weights.

Just saying. 

If you are on Instagram then you might have seen some of the pictures of the 2019 Southern Living Idea House.

It was designed by the talented Heather Chadduck and built by Riverside Homes on Crane Island.... an island within an island which is situated on the western shores of Amelia Island.

I have always adored the "Low Country" look having grown up in the south.  Here is what I did....gathered as many pictures as I could on Instagram from Southern Living and Heather.....along with a few from the opening party to share with you!





This was the first image I saw and it kinda took my breath away.....


I love Heathers use of beige and cream.....as you know....having just completed the One Room Challenge I have a new appreciation for that combination!


This fabric below is from Heathers own line and I have tried to use it many times but so far nada....but I am not giving up!



I have been seeing a lot of painted trim lately and almost did it in my sisters house.  Wish I had now....








Yes please to this hallway.....


Upstairs hallway.....





These floors...Love!

How much love can I give this dining/game area?  Stripes....yes.  Gallery wall.....yes!











That sofa and how they upholstered it is fantastic!  With the birds and the stripe rug.....whoa mama....



















So there you have it!  It's pretty huh....I think so.  I am sure it will be in their magazine soon!



If you were thinking you wish you knew more about me....hahaha....I was featured on Style Blueprint  as a designer crush!  The article was written by my good friend Lisa Mowry who I met the first time I was ever published so we go way back......


12 comments

onnery said...

Smitten kitten here!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such a pretty home! Thank you. Also, loved the article about you!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don’t know why anyone would design or build the 4 beds jammed into a hot, airless corner in the first picture. With such close quarters, the air is going to be stale and smelly, especially after a night of sleeping. It was probably built for children, but the conditions are still airless and jammed: doesn’t everyone love their grandchildren more than subjecting them to this.

Bad idea.

brenda murphy said...

Beautiful home for sure, but that bunk bed nook is brutally designed. Bunks are a pain in the butt to change, and this is so cramped. They seem to have become "a thing" in the design world but are beyond impractical.

Candice said...

Geez, that Pune Hollyhock with the Frondin is so pretty! My kids love to be tucked away in bunk rooms (when they have them at beach rentals), it feels cozy to them! But I haven’t put one in our house because they do seem like a good cardio and weightlifting feat to change! Really though, as a Carolina girl, I was enchanted with every fabric and wallpaper. Beautiful work.

JANELLE said...

So much to love here and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to learn more about you. I must say your blogging 'voice' is fun, refreshing and not at all contrived.

cindy hattersley design said...

Oh my goodness. I love every detail. I pinned nearly every image. I find it so interesting how pretty traditional interiors are coming back strong right next to the very pared down contemporary. I like a little of both.

Deets said...

I'm pretty minimalist and not into patterns very much personally, but I love your design aesthetic and your "eye." After not being into some of the previous Southern Living homes that seemed pretty random to me, this one hits it out of the park.Thanks for sharing!

Pat D. said...

In your post of fabrics, you said call to make this be our room. I don't have your number, but I would love to have your guidance, even if you don't have time for completion.
Pat Dickerson

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

So beautiful! I love coastal American style homes and this one is a stunner. They translate really well to Australian homes and I'll definitely be incorporating some of these ideas myself. Thanks for a fabulous post :)

Ck said...

Can you please provide the information on the flooring the diamond-shaped, three toned flooring? Beautiful home!!

Love your style said...

can you tell me about the pattern and maker of the pillows in the kitchen

Back to Top