BEFORE AND AFTER





Back from vaca and all renewed!  Of course I obviously did not get my s*#t together so I didn't post on Friday.....buy hey give a sister a break right:)

Part of the problem is that internet is sketchy down there in La Antigua......that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Anyway more on my trip later.....today I have a little before and after for ya.

As in a master bedroom......which as we all know....somehow is always the last room that gets done!

Let's just dive right in....and please forgive crappy iPhone pictures.

Before

No judging....The first thing we did was put in hardwood floors to match the hallway.


But then we wanted a large carpet for coziness and the fact that she has an older dog who occasionally has "accidents" I used some inexpensive cut yardage to be practical.

I ordered this bed from Bernhardt Interiors.



These were some of the fabrics I started playing around with.....

I also ordered this bench from Amazon...

To be recovered and put under the window....

I picked out some pretty bedding from Pine Cone Hill....and used the Thibaut fabric for the pillow shams.




Another before.....

Because the light fixture had not been installed yet! And I had nothing for over the bed.

The real after!


So much better!

This Currey and Co semi flush is perfect for 8 ft ceilings!

Before

I added some color and pattern by using the Thibaut fabric in the curtains!  Kind of a change up for me as I usually do a neutral.

Who am I.....ha ha
After.....
We painted the walls Ben Moore White Dove....duh.

And added a Schumacher wallpaper on the bed wall for a little interest.

Before


After

I love how the bench turned out.


We also have new 4" plantation shutters coming.



I got these prints at HomeGoods but I needed to have them reframed.  The white was way too stark and I wanted them to be a little bigger.

Here they are.....much better huh? The colors were perfect and again adding another modern aspect!




These Pottery Barn Lamps....
I have the same bedside chest from Bernhardt Interiors.
I kept it symmetrical using the same on each side.


And I added a little stool for necessities :)


 
We also kept her original dresser and had the TV [she got a larger one] mounted.

Before

After



I've tried a lot of things over a bed but somehow a round object seems to work....#onetrickpony


And there you have it....

On Friday a full recap on my trip to La Antigua with my sisters!

I just heard on TV that there is 14 days until Christmas....whoa.

Shayfab









10 comments

Janet said...

I love the updates in this bedroom! Two questions... for the rug, what's 'cut yardage' and how does it become a rug? Also, can you give a source for the pillow (or the fabric) that's on the bench? Thanks!

Liz said...

This bedroom is lovely. I've been following for a while, first time commenting. Can you tell me the name of the bedside dressers and where you got them? Thank you!

designchic said...

What a fabulous transformation. I love the wallpaper and the attention to detail is amazing! What a difference the fabric on the bench makes...love it all!!

Susan said...

AMAZING "Before and After" Post!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
Source for the ART? Luv the re-frame version.
Wish I could comment on everything because it is so perfect. It's all in the Details!!
Merry Christmas Sherry!

janetd said...

What a pretty room now! So many little details that make the difference. Love the little stool 😊 - do you have a source for that? Thx!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Super pretty and I love the wallpaper!!! Great move with the art, too.

Nicole said...

I have the same question as Janet regarding the rug. Thanks.

Gigi said...

I love the bed from Bernhardt. Could you please tell me the name of it?

cindy hattersley design said...

What a transformation! Love the bedside chests, the curtains, the bench...it is so pretty!

Linda said...

The room is beautiful. Love the bench! And the curtains. Is that something you recommend, curtains around plantation shutters? Do you do that a lot or was that a client request? I saw she had some thin ones up before. Thanks! Linda

Back to Top