ATLANTA HOMES AND LIFESTYLES





Sometimes you open a magazine and there is a hushed feeling that comes over you.  This happened to me recently when I saw this article in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles featuring Ryan Hughes home.

What a story of how it takes a village to create a masterpiece.

Hopefully you remember how I have talked about my friend Pam Sessions from Hedgewood Homes and a community called Manchester .  I have another friend who bought in this same pocket neighborhood here in Buckhead, Atlanta.

Here is the story....see if you can stay with it.....


Ryan was Pam's intern way back.....
He worked at a showroom at ADAC.
About 9 years ago he opened his own showroom in Midtown.

Fast forward to about 3 or so years ago....moving his showroom to ADAC and people it's a doozy.

In a really good way.  No....in the best way.  Just walking through the doors gives me a rush of inspiration that is hard to explain.  Cutting edge lighting, furniture and accessories.

The story is that he called on some of the most talented in the industry.....friends of his.... to give him the best of the best....



He called on Bobby McAlpine to redraw the floor plan moving the dining area to the back of the space.


Susan Ferrier to help with the furniture arrangement....


Nashville designer Chad James gave great design advice and designer Barbara Westbrook helped with antiques  giving the space some always needed patina....


Y'all.....if you know me then you will see how much I love the neutral tones of this space and all of the texture.

And of course there are glorious pops of color to keep things from getting too neutral....[can that be haha]


This Kelly Wearstler wallpaper had me so hard.  I'm not gonna lie and with touches of gray and cream I just about died.


The moody tones of the guest room has me hankering to change up some things around "casa Sherika".

If you haven't been to his showroom I have a few shots from a recent stroll through it...


This light fixture.....

Wallpaper!


I'm in love with the concept of this coffee table....


This Zak and Fox wallpaper.

Look....this is definitely High Design.....I get it.
 
But.....there is so much inspiration and as a designer this is definitely what I want.....a spark to help step outside of the comfort zone of what we do.  I am here to push if you will let me.

Crikey one week until Christmas....WTH.....

Shamazed





 



4 comments

Anonymous said...

Well, this looked more like an installation at a trendy museum than an example of what anyone would want in their homes. The art was, to be honest, generally scary and one piece was offensive. Your work is much more desirable than what is portrayed above.

rachelellenalex said...

Oh my goodness. I am completely obsessed. I understand what you mean by the hush. This is absolutely inspiring and I love every single photo. I think I pinned them all. Thank you, thank you for sharing the wonderful inspiration. I live in DC but I am seriously considering subscribing to Atlanta Homes Mag now. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing with your readers!

cindy hattersley design said...

When I got this issue I went gaga. I am so glad you posted this. I pinned nearly every image. Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles is the best shelter mag out there I think. You Atlantans know how to decorate!

Chelsea Van Egtern said...

That chandelier! If I could just cut the bottom half off (so it could fit in my house lol), oh wow! Stunning!

Back to Top