MY HOUSE





Well I hope I have waited long enough to post these so that Atlanta Magazine's Home doesn't come knocking at my door with a rolled up magazine and knock me upside the head.  I know I have been sharing them a little at a time but today I thought I would just spill all the beans at once:)

If you remember back before the One Room Challenge I had my own little task which was to get my house ready for a photoshoot.  AND.....to be honest I had about 9 months to do it.

So what did I do.....think and agonize over it for 8 1/2 months and then start about 3 weeks before the photographers came.  I'm not proud of the way I roll......

 There is only so much you can do in 3 weeks.....seriously!  I am so thankful I had good people around me to help with all the smoke and mirrors needed to make my little house shine.


All photography by my friends Anthony-Masterson   Styled by Ginny Branch

My foyer......Art collected over time from many places.


Y'all remember when I made these 2 rooms over for a previous One Room Challenge!  Nothing new here....chairs are vintage, lamps from Currey and Co. Floral pillows are my beloved Schumacher Pyne Hollyhock.   Coffee table is way old from Bobo.  The stripe throw is old from Bed Bath and Beyond.  Black and white pillows are from Square Feathers. Sofa is from Society Social


Chairs from Scott's Antique Market 20 years ago. Cheetah pillows from Etsy and chandelier is Circa Lighting.


The plexiglass base is from a Flea Market and I had a white marble top made.


You can see my Schumacher grasscloth wallpaper in the background....still love!  That little pinstripe vase is from World Market.


The chest came from Scott's as did the mirror. The lamp and black/white box from Homegoods.  The 2 white marble boxes are from West Elm.

Now you guys are gonna come to my door with that rolled up newspaper and punch me cause I will save the kitchen until Tuesday.  Before you do that don't forget that I turned you on to those awesome Clark shoes..... mine arrived and will be sporting them today!

On another note I am headed to Madison on Monday so I should have some updates on that project!  

Shacooterhead







16 comments

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it all, what great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your home is just gorgeous!

therelishedroost said...

So light and airy! I love it!

beyondbeige said...

Oooh aaah. Me likey.

Gail Storti said...

Three words....fabulous...gorgeous...amazing! I LOVE IT❤❤❤

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Congrats, Sherry! Your home is so fresh and current. You are the best at black & white my friend. I particularly love your gallery wall and can't wait to view the kitchen! Have a great weekend!

Denise S. said...

Love it all!!!!! Most importantly, do your Clarks run true to size? I've been trying to locate them in my area but may have to order them.......

JessicaB. said...

Wow. You really had a vision and created a home that is absolutely beautiful. I just had my apartment done by a furnishing service because I didn't have the time to go to every store and pick out a bunch of stuff. I think you would like their designs. Check them out at http://furnishr.com

L. Chambers said...

I totally bought those Clark Mia Griffin shoes off your recommendation on a whim and I bought them on sale at Macy's--score! I've enjoyed reading your blog for a couple years now and it's still one of my top favorites! Love how you make neutral colors work beautifully in any room! I'm in my mid-40s and dig your fashion sense too so when you share your shopping steals and splurges, it's a bonus!

cindy hattersley design said...

Sherry I love the mix of the old and new, modern and and antique. You blend it all so well. I could move right in!!

Susan Tucker said...

YOUR HOUSE......
It is true perfection. I love EVERYTHING about it. So many DELICIOUS details. I am a fan of mixing old and new, expensive and less expensive. I have been crushing on all white hardwood floors for the last few years. You have such a good eye, soo many talents. Thanks for sharing your gifts (there are many) with all of us. Enjoy your posts on fashion and your sweet baby Cami.
Hope your foot continues to do well. I am always on the hunt for a comfortable shoe. Clarks should give you a pair for as many as you have probably sold. LOL Can't wait to see your kitchen!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love seeing your house! IT is so light, airy beautiful and filled with collected treasures! Love it all.

Sandy - Rock Haven Farm said...

Your home looks like such a fresh and inviting space - a lovely place to call home!

AntiqueChase said...

Sherry,
Your home is insanely gorgeous!!!
~Marcy

Kim said...

How do you keep your Hide rug flat on top of your other rug? My wrinkles constantly!
Kim

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Your home is gorgeous and I love the grey and the mix and blending is perfect! Congratulations!

Back to Top