MADISON PROJECT UPDATE





  After preparing for "snowmageddon" .....it was a little disappointing to wake up to nothing but ice.  I mean I had wine and food for days incase of dire circumstances:)

Thanks for all of your sympathy about Cami. Many of you suggested drugs and I will look into that but if you remember when I first got her she was on so many medications......I was hoping for some behavior modification.  The bark collar really just gives her a small jolt similar to that of static electricity.  Also......after she barked once or twice she really settled down.

I would hope that we could get to the point where we put it on her but not activate it.

Let's get back to design!

Yesterday I made a trip to Madison to check on the progress [check out my first post here].  It's been slow going with the holidays but there are some updates to show you.


If you remember we decided to stain it a dark color.


Hard to see but this is only one coat....



 Again it looks brown in this picture but it's getting another coat.  I do love the new trim color.



In other rooms....

The island got painted






Doors got painted.



The wallpaper came down in the master bedroom and hardwoods were installed.....

We couldn't actually get in because the floors were wet.

In the bedroom upstairs we decided to white wash the whole room except for the floors....



We painted this pie safe red.....

And this one is going on the porch so we painted it a soft gray.....

If you remember this painting.....

It's the inspiration for the screened in porch!

Another chest painted....

We also went shopping a while back and purchased a few key items....




This chair for the family room.....it swivels.

And a new coffee table.


I know it looks like a "hot mess" right now.....but the painting should be done in the next 10 days and all the light fixtures installed.

There is this one small problema.

These hanging birds.  Spooky huh?  Anne and I decided to put a hard court press on their demise and I texted her husband to say one pooped on my head:)

On a final note.....since we painted the window over the sink and the doors SW Iron Ore we stood back to take a hard look at one area.....

This bay.  We are hanging cream curtains here....but it kind of looks blah compared the the other windows.... they are lower and I was afraid that if we painted them it would accentuate that factor.  

So we made a radical decision.....paint the whole bay SW Iron Ore.  Why?  

Because there is plenty'o pine in this place.....also it will be pretty with the cream curtains.  When this large cream drum light fixture is hung over the table....well.....Boom!


Go big right!

Not sure if I have mentioned it but my client [and neighbor] Anne is an art curator.  Big time.  She just did a a World War one show at The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts.  There was an article in the New York Times about it if you are into history at all!

I'm impressed:)

Shacuratingmadison








8 comments

Mary said...

You are quite the problem solver with that bay window situation. I'm impressed! For the curtains, are you using the same type of fabric that you used in your kitchen? I loved those!

designchic said...

It's so good, Sherry! I just love the progress and the stain outside with the window trim color is amazing! Can't wait to see more...

brenda murphy said...

Love your work and your humour! AS for your lovely pup, they are like our children, and mothers know best. So keep doing what you are doing and she will settle...eventually! You are such a gift to the world. Beautifying homes and healing lives, canine and otherwise.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

WOW! There is a lot going on and I do not know how you keep it all straight. It looks like a different place already! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic, I always enjoy your blog. Can you let me know the manufacturer of the light fixture, thanks!

therelishedroost said...

Looks so great!! I was wondering the deep gray thought it might me F&B downpipe... its wonderful!!

michele said...

It looks so lodge-tastic with so much tactile interest and warmth, sherry!! you are incredible, and i'm not surprised this artist would trust you to deliver the goods since your eye is fleeky fine. thanks for sharing the progress on all the lovely. i'm thinkin about cami. drugs did nothing to help my bella's anxiety which persisted for so many years and aggravated my own. i still can't seem to settle down when the winds roar outside because that was her nightmare and she could never sleep with such sounds (which meant i never slept through it either). i hope you find some relief. xox

Erika at BluLabel Bungalow said...

That's a whole lotta pine and you've got a great plan to go along with it. I can tell this one will surely be the chicest cabin in the woods. The photogs will be clamoring to get this one. ShaTastic!!

Back to Top