ONE ROOM CHALLENGE FALL 2016 WEEK THREE





Dang....it was kind of a reality check to write "week 3" because that means we are halfway through the challenge.  Uh oh.

Welcome back to what I like to refer to as the design marathon called the One Room Challenge.  

20 designers who have 6 weeks to makeover a room....we all cross the finish line at the same time......only there is no medal when you finish:)

Linda where are the medals?  I want mine to say "slowest start.....fastest finish"!

I'm in good company though:)


Even though I know every single one of these talented people are way ahead of me I am not going to hold a grudge.  

I can be forgiving like that:)

Let's move on from my rant and get to the pictures cause after all you have a lot of blogs to check in with today.

My guys finished putting up the Metrie trim in the bedroom and it is straight up crazytown over here because I went running in like my hair was on fire and had them add some trim to this wall!




 Before...



After

And in this picture you can see that there was no trim where the boards meet from the ceiling to the walls...

Hello better option!

Great right?  Call the painters and let's get the ball moving.  Oh no....instead let's brainstorm and decide to change the trim in the master bath also..... wallpaper in there.....change the lights and sink faucets.

I know.  Shoot me.  Look the reality is that I would like to renovate my master bath.  But I doubt that is gonna happen this year or next so I might as well put some lipstick and a party dress on it.  

Hee Haw


 This Thibaut texture wallpaper will be perfect in a bathroom....and I am going to paint the trim one shade darker.



I ordered these Kohler Purist sink faucets from Build.com


And I found these Hudson Valley lights from our ORC sponsor Bellacor

Kind of excited cause they take a 100 watt bulb which will enable me to see all of my wrinkles up close.

Ordered this rug from AllModern another ORC sponsor.


Here's hoping I picked the right shade of lipstick to make a difference!

There is this little corner in the way back of my mind that wants to paint the walls in the bedroom a dark color....SW Urbane Bronze.  


I know.....so not me.  But I have cathedral ceilings which I am painting high gloss white and all the trim will be white and my floors are light.....and after all it's just paint. 

Will she do it?   I say go big or go home:)

Stay tuned for week 4!

Here is your homework for today.....go see all the updates from the 19 other talented ladies....


Shaboom















15 comments

Cassie Bustamante said...

ooooh i love that rug! it's gorgeous! and i have definitely "tweaked" my plan a little along the way. ;) it happens!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I'm wanting my bathroom done, too and hubby says no time soon, but it will be done in order for me to stay put in this house since I want to downsize and he doesn't. I love the window frame up over your window. I should have bought one I saw months ago, but I didn't and went back and it was gone. Looking forward to the finale in three weeks!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

You make me laugh out loud every single time! And no, I'm in no way ahead of you!!! I've pretty much ordered stuff and cleared the room! :/

Linda Pakravan said...

That wallpaper for the bath is great update. I've used Urbane Bronze, it's bold, but then so are you! Your room will be gorgeous.

cindy hattersley design said...

Those are my favorite faucets..I have been doing a lot of lipsticking at my house. Same problem here can't redo the bathrooms...have to live with them. I am betting mine are way more outdated than yours!! Love all your ideas. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I love the trim around your door. You are great with the details! Very exciting.

Marcus Design said...

So much good stuff going on here, I don't know where to start! I LOVE the textured Thibault wallcovering. And I had the exact same broadloom installed on my stairs!! Great minds think alike ;)

Nancy x

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see that rug - I actually kept going back and forth between that exact rug and the Dash and Albert one I ended up going with! Loved them both equally just couldn't decide which look I wanted to go with - I'm sure after seeing it in your room I'll have rug envy - ha! Love, love your new trim and that grasscloth will look fabulous!!

Unknown said...

I have looked at that grasscloth so many times in the Duralee showroom.....can't wait to see how it turns out. It is perfect for a Bathroom! Good luck on the challenge ;)

Vanessa@Decor Happy said...

I totally am with you on the snowball effect of decorating. I love the Metrie trim and what a difference just adding that trim at the ceiling. Love that rug too! Can't wait to see this all come to life - it will be another winner for sure!

Andrea said...

haha I'm so glad I'm not the only who changes her mind half way. I also did some wall panelling in my dining room ORC. Can't wait to see your final result.

Gwen, The Makerista said...

I love reading your posts and yes, I can't believe we're halfway!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you do next!

Tricia said...

I say go for the drama queen dress and bronze those walls - what a fun color! It'll be amazing with the bright white ceiling. And have no fear my friend. I am trying to be the tortoise in the race until I become the frantic hare that last week (with a college reunion that last weekend!). Somehow this is all going to come together. Right???
Tricia @ Suburban Bitches

Linda @ Calling It Home said...

Oh wow, the simple detail of adding trim under the ceiling boards makes such a difference. And the casing around the doors. You need that all over your home. Love the colors, layers, and texture. Bam!

Back to Top