ONE ROOM CHALLENGE FALL 2016 WEEK FOUR






Jumping right in to week 4..... because as I have learned in life..... time keeps marching on and there is nothing you can do to slow it down.

One Week Challenge |verb| associated with stress, craziness, decisions, angst, tics, occasional tears, frustration, joy, excitement, thrill, pleasure, delight.......sigh.

I am pretty sure all the other peeps are having those same highs and lows:)

That is a bunch of talent right there and all of them have the same 6 weeks to finish a room.  50% of them are probably already finished and the rest of them are like me....lagging behind in frustration praying that everything aligns for a photo finish!

I wonder if Linda can pick the overachievers and the ones who just are posting with wet paint:)

I am happy to say it was a fairly successful week....let's recap.




The painters came and started caulking the ceiling and new Metrie trim!  Meanwhile I went to the paint store to get the paint and that's when things went wonky.  Since Farrow and Ball  is a ORC sponsor I really wanted to use their paints but there just wanted a good color......whaaaa.



I was hell bent on SW Urbane Bronze and I don't know what happened but I ended up with BM Iron Mountain.  Needless to say at the paint store I think they clapped when I finally left after asking everyone who walked in which color they liked best:)  It was between BM Dragons Breath and  Iron Mountain.





I
Love
It.

No really.....I Love It.

One of our sponsors is ATG Stores Home Furnishings.  I guess I live in a cave but I was not familiar with them!  Whoa Mama they have everything.

I ordered these 2 lamps for my room.....



This Jamie Young Steam Punk table lamp and below this Arteriors floor lamp....
Yep quite the mix right:)  You never want your room to be predictable.....ha ha no chance of that!

I took a trip down to The Mart here in Atlanta to search for a few items for a client "wink wink" and stumbled across this Lee Industries chair that I thought would be perfect for my bedroom.

I needed height and at the time I was leaving my bedroom white.




Sample sale!  I hauled that puppy home and then realized it was a very dark midnight navy.  

WHAT?  No can do boo boo.  Crikey.  

And again my friend Sudi came to the rescue like a "caped super hero".....


And gave me this pretty linen stripe fabric of which there was only 7 yards.  The chair takes 8.  I told my upholster "don't call me unless this chair is done"  I don't want to hear "can't" I want to hear "YES".   

Picking it up today:)

Also picking up these bird prints today.....






Stay tuned to see which frame I selected! 

One little problem arose when the plumber came to install the new Kohler Purist sink faucets.  I was out in the kitchen humming some Snoop Dog rap thinking "life is good"......and he came strolling out with the news......cue "horror film music"  "Miss Sherry the faucet won't fit in the holes [specifically the handles].

WTH?  No.  Get back in there and make it work. 
Sadly..... he would not do it.  So I called Michael Ladisic [the magician] like he had nothing to do but answer my questions [after I called Kohler AND Build.com]. 

Michael sent over one of his project managers to take a look.....and damn if he wasn't MacGyver.


 He taped it up because porcelain cracks very easily....which is why the plumbers wouldn't do it. 

They don't make these sinks any more!


He slowly drilled it [ 2 sinks....all 4 holes] until each one fit!  Like I said earlier.....life is good.


Things are moving along but I'm still waiting for everything I ordered.....kinda getting that nervous "tic" I was talking about earlier.

Until next Wednesday.....

See if anyone else had problems this week:)

Waiting on Martha  Media Partner House Beautiful | TM by CIH



Shahittingthebottle












16 comments

Anonymous said...

I'm LOVING the Iron Mountain! What a stunning room - can't wait to see everything pulled together. I love it already!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love iron mountain! i love me some black walls and am missing mine... but emmy is happy. that should be all that matters, right?

Melanie@The Painted Chandelier said...

Love the dark walls! It's gonna be so pretty, Sherry. Wow, you have a fast upholsterer! Can't wait to see it all out into play. Will be lovely, as always! ��

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you how much I love your designs and your general foolishness. Please take that as a compliment. Can't wait to see your room(s). Good luck!

karen said...

as usual. STUNNING and you aren't even finished.
You really rock the house boat.
You're like a straight A student. Parents are presented the grade card , that's nice Sherry , all A's again.
Love that beautiful color.

Mrs. Sho Nuff said...

Ohhhhhhh sexy dark paint, you get points for braveness! My vote even though you didn't ask on the frames is the middle one as it enhances the body of the bird. Ha I thought your signature was shittingthingsdone hahaha

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I'm too much in shock about the paint to say anything. I can't believe you went dark!! It looks amazing though and what a transformation the whole room is going to be!

michele said...

i can't wait to hear all about living with this color! and i love the chair and bet it will be perfect in there. we did purist in our master bath here in the ghetto! cross handles. i don't know what i would have done about the holes in the porcelain! you are confirming what i already suspected. deadlines are always our friend. they just are. and you are a shining star. you just are. xox

Team Powers said...

I live in Atlanta and Love your blog! Who do you use as an upholsterer?

Unknown said...

Those walls with the rug you posted last week will be killer! I love the touches of brass... in your table lamps and floor lamp... and my guess for the bird pictures. Love them! You're a master in designing in neutrals, Sherry. So very talented!

Brenda said...

LOVE that wall color!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful choices!!! Love the chair, lighting, and every single accessory you picked out! xo

Tricia @ Suburban B's said...

Oh Sherry I love reading your updates! Here's to everything moving forward this week! Here's to things arriving on time (I've got that same tic going on) and here's to the super heroes that are helping us pull it all together. I think we need a post ORC celebratory drink when I'm down in Atlanta the weekend after the reveal! Cheers!

designchic said...

I love all of your picks, Sherry. The color is fabulous and have wanted to do something dark, but have been afraid - now you have me rethinking! Can't wait for more!

cindy hattersley design said...

You have guts girl!! That room is going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see those bird prints up!

Linda @ Calling It Home said...

I love that you went dark on the walls. Very brave and it looks amazing. Hope you are in the home stretch.

Back to Top