CHAOS




I'm not kidding.....I had all intentions of blogging this morning but then the trim guys showed up at 7:15 so that didn't happen.

Y'all I must have done some major brain damage in the 60's and 70's because I don't know what I was thinking.  All this work in 20 days?  I am good with paint and new pillows but when it comes to construction I admit I am way out of my league.

You know I was thinking some new cabinet doors and countertops....maybe a new faucet and bam.....done.

But Michael came over and set me straight.  When I said I wanted a whole room of shiplap he laughed and said no.  Huh?  But I....."No Sherry".

K.....then what do I want.  And he told me...and I damn well listened.


New Trim.


Kind of a mess here because the doors are so close to the wall....but "boy wonder" had the solution.


Lot's of writing on the wall....

The only upper cabinets I have came down.....


Sconces over the windows.  After 24 years new backsplash.  Finally.

Here is the mess I'm living with right now.  No worries because I am so darn excited I could spit.

Oh yeah by the way I have been selling things like crazy and I said goodbye to these pine bookshelves.  I had them custom made 24 years ago and it's time for something new....it kinda makes me a little sad.....after looking at these pictures:(



Friday we will go over the backsplash, faucet and sconces...plus a few other tricks up my sleeve.

Stay tuned.....

Sherfreakout






11 comments

Kathysue said...

I am soooooo excited for you!! This is just all too fun for me, of course I am living thru you vicariously so I don't feel the pains of change, but oh my it is all going to be fabulous!!! Go Sherry Goooooooo!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, it is looking amazing so far, and wow those bookcases are stunning. Such a lucky find for someone.

Unknown said...

Exciting changes! I can't wait to see it all

Anonymous said...

Sherry, a room of new trim will make all the difference in the world. I just did it in a room that had been added onto our 1928 house during the '80s. They put ugly trim (among other things) in that room and it always bothered me. I had a carpenter duplicate the trim used in the rest of the house. Wow! You'll love it in your kitchen.

Judith

René said...

Can't wait to see!

toocolorcrazy said...

YAY....so glad he talked you out of shiplap!
I think you'll be happy he did.

I do love those custom bookshelves though.
However, I am 100% sure that what you do in place of them will blow mw away!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Sherry, You crack me up! What do you mean, no ship lap??? Can't wait to see your new kitchen revealed, good luck🙂
xo
Holly

Brandi said...

So excited for you!!!!!

Renae Moore said...

On pins and needles! Excited and can't wait to see all!

Lexi Keppel said...

The kitchen is going to be AMAZE. Those bookshelves are going to be missed, they were my favorite but I know your new room will be stunning!!! Can hardly wait for the big reveal!

Emily A. Clark said...

I would drive straight to Atlanta to shop your house. When's the garage sale?? ;)

Exciting changes for SH!

Back to Top