HOW I PICKED A NEW KITCHEN SINK





OK.....I dropped a hint on the last post that my kitchen was getting a little makeover.  Don't get me wrong people....I am not getting new cabinets or appliances but I am making some changes that I think will have a big impact.

No this is not my AFTER!  But I would die for it.

My style!  

Let me start by saying that I don't cook and my kitchen is only for resale purposes.....which makes my husband and friends wonder what all the fuss is about.

Whatever right?  If I have to look at it everyday then I need to see pretty.  

Let's start with 3 things that have or are being changed.  Countertops, sink, faucet, and cabinets doors.

The sink.  Which of course has to come first and  took many hours of agonizing over.  Can you deal?  I mean the internet is definitely not for people who freeze up when making decisions.  It seems like the single bowl flat bottom sinks are all the rage.

This one on Amazon and other web sites seems to be the most popular.  And believe me I googled the holy crap out of kitchen sinks.

I was all set to get it [cause the price is right] when I started hearing a few negative things about the flat bottom and in the sharp corners.  Food is kind of hard to move down the drain and might have a tendency to hang out in the corners.  

That is where the problem began....like 2 months of angst...research and flat out hair pulling.  My friends were like "get a f#@*^%g sink already Sherry.

Crikey.  I will hardly use it except to rinse out my coffee cup right?

So I caved and did not go for the "look" and ordered this one.....damn I hate when I am so practical.



It has rounded corners and the bottom is not as flat.  It was more $$ but I can honestly say I am happy with the choice.
  
Next came the cabinet doors.

Before I had raised panel style.....


And that horrible dated area above the cabinets that we used to decorate with fake ivy:)

Taller boxes.......




  
Old and new.....I changed them out to simple shaker style. 

 
I know you are now wondering how I am going to cover the seams?  Yeah me too..... but I have a little help in that area and his name is Michael Ladisic.  

Yes the builder of this fabulous home which I worked on.


Am I lucky or what?  I told him he would have to come down to earth for a hot minute and stroll over to my 8 ft ceiling little cottage and help me.  I can be firm like that sometimes:)

You guys will just have to stay tuned for other decisions like countertops, faucet and how we fixed that little problem.

The story continues.....

Shaboo






 
 

11 comments

Anonymous said...

Please! Hurry up and post your choices!!! I'm meeting my counter guy at my new house on Monday!!! I'm toying with soapstone or black honed on the island. I can't do marble cuz I DO cook. And I cook things like red velvet cake and we drink red wine and we are dribblers. I have to replace a farm sink...go porcelain again or stainless. Bridge faucet or not. Need 3 pendants over island. Hurry up!! I need someone to hold my hand while I blurt out my choices to the contractor!!

Kathysue said...

This is exciting and it will give your kitchen a whole new look!! Smart to keep the boxes and original layout, a huge money saver! I know all of your choices will be amazing and beautifully detailed, they always are! Can hardly wait for more post!

Christen said...

I just found your blog somehow (I'm building a home and spend a lot of time on Pinterest!) and you crack me up. Love the way you write! I currently have a sink like the first one you showed and HATE the sharp edges where yes, food and nastiness gets stuck. You made the right choice with your rounded sink!!!

Mary said...

This past week I met with a kitchen designer to get an estimate for a quartz countertop. While I was at his showroom, I noticed an area that showcased having cabinets re-faced with new doors & drawer fronts. Is that what you're having done?

juilethebird said...

I love your blog too. It is the one I don't delete. I can't wait to see what you end up doing either. I am toying with replacing my countertops so will be looking forward to every post!

Flournoyfrance said...

We have the same cabinets and are in the "thinking" stage...New countertops? New sink? & New cabinet or reface...Your blog will certainly help us! Merci for the inspiration ...We NEED it!!

June Pope said...

Changing your name to Shateaser!

designchic said...

So fun to see you picks and plans for your kitchen! Can't wait to see more!

debra @ 5th and state said...

good choice, my sink is flat and i constantly chase food.....hate it!! but it sure is good looking :-)
debra

therelishedroost said...

I cannot wait to see what you do I know it will sharp!!

John R. Dixon said...

Thank you for sharing this post. At present, I am thinking about HOW I PICKED A NEW KITCHEN SINK. Already I have read a post about kitchen sink. After reading this post , I have got some idea about the kitchen sink. I think your post is better than that post.

Back to Top