BEFORE AND AFTER





Just when you think I am done sharing rooms.....here comes another one:) 

Yep.  The house that keeps on giving.

While the push was on to complete the upstairs before the Cathedral Tour....I scrambled to finish 4 rooms.  One of them was the girls loft which is an area in-between the bedrooms where they can hang out and watch TV.


Here is the room during construction!

And below is the before....where all of the leftover furniture kind of got dumped.  Lets see what we can do with it:)
The goal was to edit out what would probably not work and pull the space together without breaking the bank....cause that is always the goal right:)  I mean who says "let's redecorate and break that bank".....Call me if you are that client.... hee haw

You remember when I told you that there were 2 of these Mitchell Gold sofas from the previous family room.  The other one was recovered here



I found some fabric and had my trusty slipcover guy come and work his magic.

See these chairs in the sunroom of their previous home?

We reused them in this space....
I found the 3 prints at the mart and the lamps at Target!  Of course new shades from Pottery Barn helped.  

This bench got a little love in the form of some faux croc from Lewis and Sheron Textiles.

The round white end tables came from the Mitchell Gold winter clearance!  These days it's nice to add some modern to a space.

One of my favorite things about this area are the functioning windows that open to the stairs.  The TV stand is Bernhardt Interiors.


You can just see the glass half wall behind the sofa.  The curtains start here and go all the way to the first floor dining room!

Before


After


This alcove was built for this antique buffet.

The hand painted herringbone stripes!  Bernhardt Interiors chest.  Lily Harrington art.

And that's it.  No more undecorated spaces for me to post about in this house:(   I worked it though!

Look at my sweet baby sleeping....

I want to eat that face.

Shafaceeater




16 comments

designchic said...

Wow...an amazing project, Sherry. Love the hand painted stripes and I can't get over the slipcovers! The end tables make me want to do a little freshening up!! Happy Tuesday!

designchic said...

Wow...an amazing project, Sherry. Love the hand painted stripes and I can't get over the slipcovers! The end tables make me want to do a little freshening up!! Happy Tuesday!

René said...

I'm dying over the hand painted herringbone! Well done lady!

Unknown said...

So very well thought out with beautiful details throughout. I think I could get used to being a daughter in this well designed home, HaHa!
Darlene
www.BundleMeBaby.etsy.com

Linda Pakravan said...

Wow! The hand painted herringbone! and the slipcovers are fabulous.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love the re-do of the couch and the reuse of the chairs! You are so, very talented that if I ever have an unlimited budget I will call you! Or if you ever start to do e-design let me know, I am looking for help on a my master bedroom.

Vel Criste said...

Another fantastic space Sherry! I love the tone on tone feel, and hoe the rooms feel so cohesive! Cozy, stylish and oh-so-pretty!!!!!

michele said...

I want that herringbone on my walls somewhere! I love how you re-worked the client's stuff so beautifully, and thanks so much for sharing sources so graciously. I want to snuggle with that furry angel of yours. peace.

Unknown said...

Lucky girls get their own loft. Are these the same girls who have their own laundry room? Looks great! So does that adorable dog. Is she sleeping in your bed? Or, is that hers??

toocolorcrazy said...

Magic girl! Looks gorgeous. I would love the source for the rug and hides. Care to share?

Calypso In The Country said...

Oh that sweet face...what a doll! Love the room and how you reworked the pieces. You have such a talent for that! "Let's redecorate and break that bank!" - love it. Just one day I wish those words would come out of my husbands mouth...
Shelley

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry,
It turned out fabulous! What a great idea creating an alcove for the antique chest! Everything looks super high end........you're amazing!! Sweet Cami too!
xo
Holly

Peggy said...

Love the herringbone hand painted walls! Can you tell me the colors that were used, please? ��

Susan Tucker said...

Oh..My...Gosh...

What a difficult space to decorate. YOU KILLED IT SISTA!! You are sooo funny and I look forward to each and every post. You have such a great writing talent/style in addition to your many other talents. One of these days I will get the nerve to inquire about your prices....
Thanks for sharing your ice and Talent with us!

StagerLinda said...

Again, you hit it out of the park! Love all the details. It is so hard to get proportions right (to me!). The scale of everything is perfect--hard to believe the furniture is leftovers! Sweet, sweet, snoozing Cami!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sherry, those herringbone walls....hubba hubba.....I couldn't love them more! It's all so good, love seeing your projects!

Back to Top