BEFORE AND AFTER





The bell rang and all pencils put down at 11:00 on Sunday morning.  It was a marathon for sure getting every last detail finished before the Cathedral Tour of Homes 2016.

Every room had flowers....beds were perfectly made.....house was clean!  I loved seeing so many of my design friends come by to see this gorgeous home.

As I said the whole upstairs had not really been decorated.  They moved in a little less than a year ago and it was a job in itself to get the ground floors completed.

One of the rooms I completed turned out pretty good considering I used mostly what they had!

Let's start with a few before shots.....

Like I said this room is huge!  We kept the beds, dressers, chairs and recovered the couch.

You remember where I started....

I ended up not using the trim on the curtains....long story but there were 8 panels and I thought it would be too much to use on the leading edge.  Think "stripey"

That wall is so darn big but when she brought out some quilts for the bed  I thought let's just hang on the wall!  OK....that is kind of a lie.....my nephews wife was with me and she said she saw it on an episode of Fixer Upper.  It was like the angels started singing......



Before
After
New curtains,  sofa recovered, painted coffee table, rug from HomeGoods.  End tables were also painted and the chairs just got some pretty pillows:)  Chandelier from Currey and Co.

Throws from Homegoods.  Swirl pillows from the Guildery and their new collection.....




Bowl from Target and quartz from HomeGoods.

 Before


After
The homeowner had a friend who was an artist and she painted this for us in a timely manor!  I will be using Melanie in the future because you will also see some other work she did for us!  So many large walls in this room....it was killing me.


Lamps ordered at market and the sconces are from Circa Lighting.


One of the reasons I used the Jim Thompson No.9 fabric was because it had some beige in it to help make the chair fabric look purposeful you know?
 


I kept the bedding simple [Pottery Barn that she already had]  and just couldn't decide what to put over the beds.....

So I am going to wait on that....I think the beds were from Walmart....shhhhhh:)  They had bought them when they lived in their rental while building......

In the bathroom I straightened out the cubbyholes.



I used her antique marble table and some old books and a modern piece of previously owned art.....

The painter did a very soft wash on the walls......think 80's ha ha.


And that is a wrap.....for this room!   More on some of the other spaces I pulled together later.

I am so glad it all came together!  Whew.....

Shazam

 

11 comments

beth kooby said...

Way to go, Sherry!! Looks great!

Kathysue said...

It all came together beautifully!! You truly have the midas touch. I love the way you mix high and low together and it all looks beautifully expensive. That is what I call good design. I have a saying LLM, looks-like-more and that is something you do very well, that takes talent. Not everyone can afford high end finishes and elements and you put the money where it is worth putting, always well spent!! I admire and respect your talents and abilities. As I have said before YOU are one designer I would not feel nervous about what you would do in my home and I am sure all your clients feel the same way! Kudos to you, Missy!!! xoxo

Jenny said...

So glad it came together? You KILLED it ! I walked around the house on Sunday with my jaw dropped ! It was CRAZY CRAZY GOOD and MAJOR MAGAZINE WORTHY !
Thank you for the non-stop inspiration ( and humor) you provide thru the blog and the beautiful spaces you create.
Once again.....job well done !


Simply LKJ said...

Looks AMAZING! You sure do now how to pull a room together beautifully. Love the mix of old and new. Looks collected.

Katy said...

I love how you showed a space that you designed with limitations. Way more real-world than most from scratch design posts, although I love those too! And that bed is actually from Ikea. I bought one to use "only for a month or so" and we've had it almost 4 years. It's not awful but not great either...

Barbara Moore said...

only you could make a 5000 sq ft bedroom (slight exaggeration) look fabulous with walmart beds. another one out of the park. can't wait to see the rest.

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, Congratulations, it's a fabulous blue and white oasis! Beautiful transformation!
xo
Holly

Unknown said...

"Shazam!" Is right! Love it Sherry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sherry, I went on the tour of homes on Sunday, and of the five homes, yours was my absolute favorite!!!! I loved every bit of it! The colors, the trim on the pillows, the fabrics - it is all so fabulous! What a lucky family to live with your designs!!!

Holly Gruszka said...

Lawdy lawdy you worked your magic Sherry! It's gorgeous! The light coming in those windows in that one shot is beautiful. Love that JT fabric so much too!

Susan Tucker said...

WOWZA!

YOU did it yet AGAIN! ABSOLUTELY (SHAFABULOUS) GORGEOUS!! Wish i could get as lucky as you do at places like Target, Home goods, etc..Love that you kept the bedding & bed. It repeats the white coffee table, makes it all tie in together. Is is soooo beautiful!! How luck are these clients?
THANK YOU so much for doing this blog, (tons of work within itself) and sharing your magnificent talent and sense of humor (which I LOVE) with all of us!!

xoxo

Back to Top