SOME DETAILS FROM THE ATLANTA HOMES AND LIFESTYLES PROJECT





Thanks so much for all of the comments about my project in AH&L.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  For realz.

I wish I could say that everything in this home was my idea but that would be a lie:)  When you read the article Michael clearly states that he had a team.....and he did.  In my opinion [I love that about him]....his ego lets him realize that many people with different talents can bring so much to the table.

You can't be thin skinned and work with him either...because even if you think you have the best idea in the world he will ask everyone what they think.....!  

Lucky for me I am easy going and always appreciate another point of view.  Round table decorating:)

There was a room that was shot but did not make the magazine article.  

One of his daughters room....here it is a few days before we got notice that it was going to be photographed.  

Insert "small panic scream"....yikes.

It needed a little help!



After a few trips to Bed Bath and Beyond and raiding the attic for some accessories.....

Erica George Dines photography

I ironed every pillow case and sheet....whew.
The lamps were changed out along with the lampshade from another pair of lamps.  The rug was purchased at HomeGoods and the headboard came from the RH outlet!

Paint color on the walls is SW Repose Gray.
The sofa came from PB outlet and the curtains from Ikea.....sewn together and hemmed.  The sconces are Circa Lighting.


Pillows from another bed in the last house.



The nightstands were previously in the old master bedroom....
And we had them lightened up with a wash.



Here is a good view of the whole room...when they were setting up the shot.


The ceilings are high so we had the headboard raised up.

You can see we repurposed so many things in this room and throughout the house.  

From what I understand it will be on newsstands after Christmas. Don't think I won't be gabbing about this project for a while....I am going to enjoy my 15 minutes of fame:)  


It's the last weekend before Christmas.....hope you are ready!

Sherika



9 comments

René said...

Your projects are the best Sherry! Well done! Cannot wait to see the issue.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Looks like a million bucks!!! I like the bigger lamps... that's a hard sell for me some times...sizing up. I'm pinning this as an example. And IKEA curtains...heck--I want those. Great post, Sherry.

SShaw said...

Do you know where the stools at the end of the bed in the master bedroom are from?

Pink Camellias said...

Can't wait to see it in print! Congratulations!

cindy hattersley design said...

Sherry you are amazing. I agree with Maryann about the lamps. Why is it people often want teeny tiny lamps? You did wonders with that room quickly. I subscribe to Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles so I cannot wait to see it!

Susan Tucker said...

LOVE this... You are amazing.. This room is now Amazing...You have such a great gift, love your work..!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours....Be sure and post what Santa brings Cami!!

Kathysue said...

YOU are one very talented lady Miss Sherry!! Love your work and your special touches you always bring beautiful neutral textures to your rooms. You have the magic touch, and congratulations on such a great job and for being recognized!
Kathysue

designchic said...

We love your style and this room is no exception...absolutely gorgeous!! Can't wait to get the magazine! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year ~

toocolorcrazy said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!! That home is insanely gorgeous! I am over the moon about it. That was a lot of work and it turned out stunning. I do need to know who makes the coffee table in the family room (?)...love it all!

Back to Top