PROJECT DESIGN GALLERY WALLS





Let's be clear....I procrastinated so long I didn't complete this task until the 11th hour.  And by that I mean I started putting it together yesterday around 2:00.

Which also meant that I had to take the pictures....edit them and now here I am trying to get this out before the 9:00 deadline.

It's looking like the "waiting until the last minute" thing does not get better with age:)


For the sake of time I will eliminate the chit chat and get right on it.

Part one here
Part two here

This is where we started....2 empty shelves and bare wall space.



I started playing with the design hoping to arrive at a plan before I get to the point where I don't care and just slap something up while shouting loudly "how much I don't care" .....you been there?

These 3 went up seamlessly:)


I am on a roll now....I'll have this done in no time.

I could have left it like this but I felt it was a little too predictable.  

Can I tell you how anxious this situation actually makes me.  

Anyway I call husband in for a little assistance.....  of course first giving him a lesson on how to actually take a picture with the iPhone.


This...
Or this...

Crap no.  I'm getting way off track.  Too busy.

Deal.



For now right....
I love this little Arteriors mirror I scored at HomeGoods.


I was actually pleased with the easy "no mat" situation.



From the other direction....




Annnnnnnnd that's a wrap.


She's not amused.

Frames from Michaels
Art from Scott's
Shelves from Container Store

Thanks to Mary Ann and Cindy for inviting me!

Now you get to go see what everyone else came up with!


See ya Wednesday for the One Room Challenge update week 4!

Shagettingitdone!


27 comments

designchic said...

It looks amazing, Sherry as always. Love the few you added for just the right extra touch! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wall and nicely edited.
Love the tone on tone look too!

Karen said...

What a great job. Ha, I live with a procrastinator and somehow he does his best work under a time pressure. It must be how this whole procrastination works! :-) In any event, your wall looks fabulous.
Karen

Mary Ann Pickett said...

This is so fresh and pretty. You are the best at neutrals and texture!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

You know I'm loving all of that neutral eye candy - gorgeous, as always Sherry! Procrastination obviously works well for you :)

cindy hattersley design said...

You crack me up! I hate to tell you how similarly we approached this. I have been so busy with my real job that I did the "cheater" just in case. I was gone all weekend and had to rely on my poor pictures. This turned out wonderful. I can't ever leave anything alone either....I hope we get to meet someday...we could get into a lot of trouble together!!

cindy hattersley design said...

You crack me up! I hate to tell you how similarly we approached this. I have been so busy with my real job that I did the "cheater" just in case. I was gone all weekend and had to rely on my poor pictures. This turned out wonderful. I can't ever leave anything alone either....I hope we get to meet someday...we could get into a lot of trouble together!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it and I love the shelves. Perfect idea.

Vel Criste said...

LOL! You are too funny Sherry, but love how it ended up and don't know how else you could've done this wall, it's perfect for me!

Simply LKJ said...

I love how it turned out. And, I usually do better with that type of thing when I don't over think it.

Leslie Harris said...

Wow.The entire wall has that chic, eclectic vibe that I love! Fabulous job Sherry, as usual--the no mat look and extra pieces makes it look fresh. And hey, hubby did good too :)

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Looks totally organic and pretty! If only people knew how much sweat goes into the no-fuss look! Love your dog's face.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Even the dog matches. Just Go. Home.

Interesting monotone, and looks pretty darn fab!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Love the asymmetrical aspect. And the mirror. Great, as always!!

Kathysue said...

Looking good, the mirror is a great addition!! I spied a great looking textural pillow, that is so perfect in your room.
Kathysue

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

So pretty as usual Sherry! So much texture and neutral...yum!

I don't know which I enjoy more, your design talent or your humor...both A+. xo

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Sherry,
Your wall looks beautiful and all the details around your home! Even your sweet dog goes with your decor beautifully! And for the record....I finished this morning!
annie

Unknown said...

You make it look effortless Sherry but I also love seeing these action shots of you too and that you switch the looks around just like all of us :) Love that shot from the side angle too that includes the chair. Money!

pam {simple details} said...

You are good under pressure! I love the beautiful edited look - simple and styled to perfection!

Unknown said...

I love it! It has a great mix of symmetry AND surprise. And it is the perfect fit for the style of the room. You did a fabulous job - even if you did procrastinate! (And can you please give me lessons on iphone photography??)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

It looks great Sherry! I love the white and grey, simple, quiet, but brings that wall some life.

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, You did great! It looks "collected" not predictable! Love that little mirror, too!
xo
Holly

Judy said...

You just have the best eye. Well done.

Judy Brown

Dwellings by DeVore said...

so pretty!

René said...

Sweet puppy! The wall is perfect! I love those neutrals!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I think you did a great job!

Back to Top