ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 5




 It was bound to happen.  I was walking around all cocky like I was president of the world or something.  So darn ahead of the game....somebody crown me Queen of the ORC.  I will give seminars on how to work this gig.  There will be a reality show......

Yeah....then BAM.  The fall was long and hard.  We had to go to Chicago to take my father in law to the doctors.

Crikey......will I even finish now?

I say that because I do have a few paying clients that might need some attention ya know?

Anyway before I left we did make a little progress.  

Welcome to week 5 of the ORC!

The most fun you will ever have:)  To refresh you can read week one here

If you follow me on Instagram then you saw we played around with the art gallery wall.




There was only one problem.....the picture on the bottom left was just not working.  Too small and we only had 2 for the other side.

Since this is for family I can improvise:)  I told the ex bunny to paint something up before I got there.


Then I made a TV and laid it out on the floor.  While I was busy studying it my sister grabbed one and started banging nails into the wall.  Are you kidding me?  My whole head began to itch.  I am a "measurer" and she is an "eyeballer".




It might not look much different but when you see the whole wall you will get it!


Another last minute decision was adding another fabric.  Yes....I had an epiphany and decided I needed a touch of modern in the mix.  Enter KW Channels via Spark Modern  They were awesome handling my panicky need to get them ASAP!

Other decisions.....We ordered 2 of these to go behind the sofa.

This was another little cutie that came with my Minted order

It found it's way onto the shelves in the kitchen.



It's a work in progress for sure:)


These got hung in the kitchen but then.....I was rummaging through my closet and found this...

After hanging..... the pictures were relocated.


The relaxed roman shades got hung over the small square windows above the newly installed cabinets.

Since there was not 12 yards of greek key trim available and it we were starting to get close to the budget I decided to head over to Hobby Lobby and see if I could find a less expensive version.


I stumbled across these....

I like this one but felt maybe we were at our limit with blue.

So I am thinking the first one or this will win out at the great price of under $2.00 @yd.

I am not kidding when I say I have so much left to accomplish.  Styling everything will take ton's of time along with taking the reveal pictures and editing.

I am sure everyone else  has already finished and they are sitting back drinking and smirking at me.

But just to be sure why don't you read up on their progress!



Hopefully I can come up for air before next Wednesday!!!

Shascrambling


31 comments

kate@willowinteriors said...

You could stop right now and this room would be gorgeous. And more importantly, I hope your FIL is okay.
Good luck this week!!!! Love those relaxed romans and that first trim you found is amazing. I love your mix of traditional and modern elements...can't wait to see the broader picture!

Unknown said...

I have total faith in you! Your choices are so perfect, love the black and white trim options! Hope all is smooth sailing from here on out! xo Nancy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

I know things will work out at the end, I am not worried! :)

Hope your father-in-law is okay.

Great choices with the art and trims, can't wait to see the big reveal next week!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE the last trim piece- the black and white stripe...think it will pull in the channels so well. Love all of your art and all the beautiful texture you have going on!

Abby M. Interiors said...

You are the styling queen and I'm not nervous about this one bit. One thing is obvious, I need to get my booty to Hobby Lobby and check out their trim! I love this whole room so much. I'm an eyeballer just like your sister...and starting the gallery wall today. Wishing your family luck at the doctor's office! xx

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I love the lamps that will be behind the sofa. And that piece that your sister painted is very beautiful! I love that gallery wall. that painting really completed it. Also, the grasscloth is just amazing. the little bits we can see in the photographs looks fabulous so I can only imagine what it will look like when we see photos of the entire room. I hope your father-in-law is doing better.

celine@aquahaus said...

It already looks awesome, but yes, family always comes first. Crossing my fingers for him, and we'll be ready when you're ready..

Mary Ann Pickett said...

This is so awesome already...I love it!!! I want to live there.

Crazy Wonderful said...

Hope all is well with your FIL! Already so excited about this room. I have the first black and cream trim from Hobby Lobby but haven't used it yet. Eager to see what you do with it!

designchic said...

It looks amazing, but it's for sure that nothing can ever go completely right…
love the art and can't wait to see it all next week!!

waitingonmartha said...

Mm I adore what I see thus far! Good luck with the final week I CANNOT wait to see the final product. I hope your Father in Law is doing okay. xo

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

You always crack me up!! Seriously loving everything so much and cannot wait until next week!!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

You're cocky?! How about ME starting in the fourth week!! Oh I only have to FINISH the room this weekend while it's Halloween and my in-laws are in town, oh and it's my daughters birthday Saturday. No biggie. Oh what is wrong with us?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ahhh Sherry as usual you delight. The fabric, the art, and that swoony grasscloth. Wow. I seriously can't wait to see it all come together! Wishing your father in law good health!!

Unknown said...

I love the edition of the KW fabric! I'm defying my office up with subtle touches, afraid it will be too sweet if I don't. Loove your gallery wall & art pics, can't stop staring at the grass cloth! I have soo much left to so so we are in the same boat Sherry! Xx jana

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hobby Lobby has trim? I need to check that out. Looking good!

Jill Sorensen-LiveLikeYou said...

Love the art work and bit of teasers!! I know the feeling of overwhelm sometimes life just takes over!!! Hope you father in law is okay. Can't wait to see the reveal next week!

Judy said...

Okay I am totally over the moon for that little egg print and the fabric that has the leaves squished into diamond shapes...but especially the way you contrast their softness with the bolder more brutal elements. You are such a master Mixologist!

Judy Brown

Carrie said...

You are the master of suspense! All of these little details look amazing. I can't wait for next week. :)

angela | the painted house said...

I love that you are working in Channels, of course. :) And I can't wait to see how you have those shelves styled up--I know it will be perfect!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

First, I hope your FIL is doing well. The ex-bunny can paint! This will all be fine, don't worry.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hope your FIL is ok. I just went through hospice with mine, hence no link up for me. Aging sucks. But on a happier note I am just wild over this room. I want to live in it. Like you have time to answer, but I'm wondering who the top fabric is. Good luck this week but I know you dont need it ;-)

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Hope all is ok with your FIL. My dad was in the hospital for 13 days this summer....it really puts things in perspective. But, about the room...I have no double the reveal will be nothing short of incredible....I am loving it all so far....in fact, I might need to hit up hobby lobby stat. I see a trim that could be perfect for a client's pillows....she'll appreciate the price point too! Hang in there!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh wow, wouldn't have thought of Hobby Lobby, but that trim looks great and how could you possibly beat $2 a yard??! You'll pull this together easily and it will be fantastic! Hope your FIL is well!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Hobby Lobby has sort of a secret trove of affordable trim - fabric not so much. I got my Greek key trim there which is much nicer than the ones avail from my normal source that are twice the cost. Worth checking every now and again. But I am so not worried about you - you always deliver MAJOR. Bunny has some nice painting chops.

Unknown said...

I am a fan of the Hobby Lobby trim aisle for those with modest budgets -aka me. And lady, I am certain you will blow us away on Wednesday - in the best possible way!

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

Sorry to hear about your father in law! You will rock it out in the end, you always do!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

Hope your father in law is doing OK. I cannot wait until Wednesday to see this in its entirety - love every single detail.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You don't even know my excitement for this space. Can't wait!! And I'm an eye ball hanger too. Forgive me. :)

Jessica | Petal + Ply said...

such a pretty color scheme. so relaxing and peaceful. hope your FIL is ok. see you in a few days for the big reveal!

Back to Top