MY WEEK





Thanks for the positive comments on my new blog design...:)  

 I had great plans for this Labor Day....but the dang rain is going to stop me from the first thing on my list.....not.

Yesterday we hiked Kennesaw Mountain....a little over 4 miles and when I say mountain I use that term loosely.  We aren't talking Mt Everest here.

Now those that know me...will doubt this as I am a little wary of animals, bugs etc.

But dang it was pretty fun and on the way down I had visions of going to REI or some outdoor shop and getting a cute outfit to continue my new found obsession.  I needed hiking boots.....a hat....maybe a walking cane.  I'll be a tour guide...they will profile me on 20/20 or Dateline.  Imma do it again tomorrow and everyday after.

I mean I did see a few ants, a bird maybe a spider web or two.

But then....on the way down I saw it.  A snake.  Yes.... cue sound of Jaws....Psycho shower scene....car screeching....sirens.  

Whoa baby.  Back to reality.  Forget the outfit.  Forget all that other stuff.  Where is the gym.

Just saved a crap load of money and time.  WHAT was I thinking.

Last week was spent searching and sourcing....


One of my first stops was Ballard Designs.  Loving this mirror for a foyer.


 And this table.
These pedestals would be good in bookcases.

I didn't  know this but they sell oyster shells...which I love.

Then I popped into Bungalow Classic.  A favorite Home Dec shop in Atlanta.  Love this graphic black and white art.

Square basket fixture.

Graphic red and white pillow.

And these pretty covered books....

Gorgeous blue jar with brass top.

 This chair slayed me.  Black, white, nail heads...black legs, casters....shut it.

I walked my dogs on the trail....

 This is where my girl dog hangs out when the dishwasher is on....scaredy cat.

Saw some faux bois wallpaper


These aren't cheap but there are plenty of less expensive versions out there....

Scored some vintage ship pictures for my project!

Finally got my shutters painted...and my fence
 
Now I need to fluff up the landscaping!

Did some shopping at Homegoods....and scored!


2 of these were delivered...swivel/rocker and the seagrass rug for my project!

Saw this coat at BR and am quite smitten with it...40% off today!

K.....I'm off to try and make this a productive day....

Shabusy



26 comments

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I want so many of those things from your weekly shopping. I am working on a project and just about to bust the budget with all of the fabulous stuff I am seeing.

Emily said...

Hi Sherry! Love your blog, you always make me laugh! Was wondering if you would share your source for your new chairs? I've been looking for a high back upholstered chair that rocks for our nursery. This one would be perfect! Do share if you don't mind.:) thanks!
Emily

Jennifer@vreelandroad said...

U so scored at Homegoods! LOVE LOVE the new design! And thanks for the post on the hardwoods. Thats on my wish list for 2014. My floors look like serious sht.

Love u shacrazy!

Unknown said...

That is impressive. I went to Ballard's Friday. Saw the table you saw, but none of the other stuff. I guess it takes a trained eye to pick up on small details. I spent most of yesterday watching the US Open. This rain bites.

Kathysue said...

I am still giggling about the dog in the shower, I thought maybe she got into something on your walk and she had to be showered, the look on her face is priceless. I could have gone shopping in this post, so many things that I love. Want the blue jar, so great!! That coat has been in my radar and just might be in my closet before the season is over!! Have a good day.
Kathysue

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I am jealous of so many of your scores but especially that blanket at HomeGoods. Might have to do a little HG perusing of my own today!

Acquired Objects said...

I am so laughing at your hiking, you don’t really need all the stuff for a good hike trust me but some comfortable shoes. Your babies are so cute and I love how your girl runs for the shower…tiles cool and comfy. Love, love, love your new blog design, one more thing I need to update. I wanted to go shopping today but the rain stopped me so glad someone else found so any great things. Enjoy the rest of your day off!

XXX
Debra~

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Sherry great shopping week. My favorite that black and white chair with the nail heads...

Cassie Bustamante said...

that faux bois paper needs me- did you hear it crying out my name?
and i can't wait to see you hike all the way up the app trail.... you could top in and say hi- it's 5 minutes from me!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Love the new blog look ... so pretty! Love the table so much - very cool.

Kirby Carespodi said...

I am on the hunt for a bada$$ rug...

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Dayum!! You DID have a productive day!

Simply LKJ said...

Yup, right there with ya. Love the outdoors until snakes become a part of it! Love the throw you found at HG. Ours had it in khaki/cream...so would love to find the darker version like yours!! Your pooches are precious.

StagerLinda said...

Love your tour of Ballards. That blue vase makes my heart sing. Now I want to try and cover books. Oyster shells are like free in Coastal NC--gotta get down there and score some. Your new website rocks. No, no, no to snakes--great way to spoil a perfectly awesome day.

Design_Fluff said...

Did you see on pinterest how they used the oyster shells for salt and pepper "shakers"? I love it.

RealHouseWifeOfNOVA said...

I think I said, "oh" a million times during this post. I don't know where to start. I have a deep love of vintage ship/nautical prints. that jacket belongs on me and I love your big dogs!
Lauren

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Oh my gosh...you did great this week...so many things I would love to have!

Andrea said...

Gracious, you were one busy lady last week. Love all your finds. I have used that Ballard mirror in a project or two and it's one of my favorites. Love those swivel rockers too.

pam {simple details} said...

Oooh, that coat and red pillow, wouldn't that be cute for Christmas? :) I don't mind snakes but if a grasshopper hops at me...eeeek!!!

LiveLaughDecorate said...

I was so ready to sign up for the Sherry Hart mountain climbing tour.....would have been a riot.damn snakes. Anywho, loving the new blog look and I honestly need that black and white chair in my life.

Cindy said...

I think this is the first time i've seen the color of your shutters. It's the PERFECT color! DId you show a pic of the whole house with the new painted shutters!? I want to see! I like your new header photo too. The circle in the middle is great...

Cindy

Unknown said...

Love the new look Sherry. Youre so awesome at traversing the countryside and showing your awesome finds. There honestly aren't that many non retail areas to find treasures around here. Love your pups, love your taste. Have a great week.
xo Nancy

Unknown said...

That's quite a week. Got that bd mirror for a client. Can't wait to install it over her concrete waterfall console. Soon, I hope!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You always find the best stuff where ever you go! I love hiking took.

Amanda said...

I am so behind on my blog reading- I clicked on yours and first thought- oh crap! where is Sherry's blog!? then realized you had a little makeover- I LOVE iT!! and its so you!!
and your dogs are just too freaking cute for words!!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Love the new blog look! Smiling at your dog in the shower. And do tell...shutter color? I'm a year behind in having shutters made, but when it happens, I need a color! xo!

Back to Top