DOGS AND GARDENS




I am sure you are thinking what is gonna happen with this post right?

Well I love both....does that count?

First up is the question I know all of you have asked yourself and that is "what the heck does Sherry do with her dogs when she goes out of town?"

Well I'm happy you asked that question because I would like to share with you my solution.

Dog Days Atlanta has been around since 1999 and gets voted every year as the best daycare/boarding facility in Atlanta.



I have known Lee and John [the owners] since the beginning and they are a wonderful couple...plus they love dogs!

They have daycare, boarding, grooming, and webcam so you can watch your babies all day if you want.

Recently they have added Serenbe Adventures to the menu.

Yup....they take your dogs down to Serenbe for a field trip!

Just look at these happy dogs.
I pulled some great images from their Instagram.
Is this a happy face or what?
Swimming....
Hiking....

Seriously isn't this the coolest thing?  If you are interested just give them a call today 404 266 8668. [They do it Mon-Fri].

Gardens....well not the grow your food kind.

I was out in the yard with my dogs the other morning and took a few shots of a fading flower.


Amazing that it can go from white to this beautiful shade of pink.

Geez....moochie girl is getting a lot of press this week.

I put this picture a while back on Instagram and thanks to Loi I know know what to call this thing other than a sundial! Amillary.

Mine is a little rusted now.
And the arrow fell off a while ago.....but I still have it.


 Picked it up at Scott's over 15 years ago.

I decided to google them to see some more.
Phoebe Howard



My advice is get yourself one.

Well...just a little diversion from interiors today:)


Have a day to shout about.

Sherika




22 comments

Simply LKJ said...

It is always comforting to know your dogs are being well cared for when gone. We have a company that sends a sitter to the house. Works great as our littlest one HATES being away from home and all her toys. #spoiled rotten. Your yard is beautiful.

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

I'm glad you spoil your dogs as bad as we do Blakely boo. She goes to Camp Bow Wow near us and looooves it. I love watching her play on the web cam!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Would love, love an AMILLARY!
What would we do without Loi?

gina said...

I've always wanted an armillary but every one I find is way too expensive. Yours is really unique with the zodiac symbols around the base!

debra @ 5th and state said...

wish we had a dog care center like yours, WOW!!

go back sherry and look at the image of your hydrangea's, nearly perfect heart

debra

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That is every dogs dream. That, and then a good long nap.

Leslie said...

We have two springers that enjoy their own personal getaway;) when we travel.. complete with a day hike, snack time, videos, etc.. It's perfect:) The garden is gorgeous! The like the armillary and agree every yard should have one! leslie

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i love hearing more about the dogs and their lives. yay!

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

I kinda DIYed one of those orb thingies with two hanging basket halves. (Does that make sense?...eh, you can check it out if you want http://bit.ly/17HoFM5) Definitely not as cool as yours.

And can I stay at that dog camp place? It'd be a sweet vacay away from the kids. Sheesh...royal treatment!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am all over great doggie day care. We have a place that Buster loves going to. I love that sun dial thing.

The enchanted home said...

Wow its good to be a dog huh! Love it...they deserve all the attention and love we can lavish on them, being the amazing companions they are.

Love the idea of armillary!

Christina Baker said...

Testing.....OK we figured it out so please pass the word on to others like me who feel extremely stupid right now. I was logged out on my Google account (when I am using Firefox) Long story but I can't use Explorer for commenting on blogs because I have two emails with Google. Anyway, hope this will help others who may have been getting a blank page when trying to post a comment!!! And again as always this post made me laugh and smile so big this morning!

Karena said...

What a cool place to take your dog. I used to really hate to board my Scotties when traveling...this would have been perfect and so fun for them!

I WOULD like to get an armillary

xoxo
Karena
Feature: Entrepreneur Sigal Sasson

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Who doesn't love a good dog and garden post!

Unknown said...

What a great place to take your dogs! Wish we had a place like that here! And now thanks to you I need one of those things in my yard - ha!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

omg love the picture of the dog dashing into the river! that's a doggy spa! I wanna be a dog in your home. And maybe you can feed me those brownie brittle bit thingy's from instagram???

michele said...

doggy camp is something bella luna has not emBARKED upon yet. bet she would love it.

smiles.

michele

Unknown said...

Wow that day care goes above and beyond! Everyday is dog camp at my house and our animals seem to run the show. I'm the one that needs to go away to camp! Love your pooches and your yard pics. Enjoy the weekend,
XoNancy

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

This post is adorable. Doggie daycare is a big and profitable business in LA. :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh my gosh...dog heaven. We are having fun/going crazy with our new puppy. So much energy...and chewing on things but my husband is absolutely crazy for him. Dogs are the best. I'm warming up to cats as I have three clients right now with them and we have to design around them. Have a peaceful Sunday.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

It really takes the stress out of traveling when you know your dogs are happy in your absence. Plus, the webcam is so cool!.

Sevaa said...

wow really cute pics of your dogs..:)

Back to Top