A DESIGNERS HOME





Thanks for the love on my recent project!  Hopefully it will be finished soon.....and I will have more to show.

I have posted before about my friend Jennifer Schoenberger who's blog is Vreeland Road.

Well....she had a designer/blog luncheon Friday  and her home looked it's Sunday best !

You know when you go to another designers home  you are going to see some cool and pretty stuff.  I mean they don't have to get anyone's permission to do something a little different or outside the box.

I am here to tell you that Jen's home did not disappoint!

My favorite was the dining area off the kitchen...
Va Va....voom. 
 

To the right of that cute little area is this awesomely styled bookcase.

Boom.
To the left of the dining area is this cool linen curtain...I am so stealing this.

This little vignette was a scene stealer also:)

And how about this lamp that she scored from Goodwill?  Popped on the over scaled shade  and she is shouting "look at me now baby!"

Um...hello?  6 Ikea mirrors [I think] with the starburst over it.  Yeah...purdy cool.


A double dose of MM here....like an ice cream sunday.

Downright huge pillow love!

I threw this on Instagram cause I wanted the world to see how dang cool this room is!


This display in a bathroom which has gorgeous dark walls..  I guess I am going to need some black in my life now......  I feel it calling me.

And....I also need a bust....asap.

How about these old shutters she found and hung on the transoms by the front door.... which by the way is painted 
 the
 palest
 shade
 of
 blue.

Nice little deconstructed chair....I need to shop with her.  Jen...you hear that?

Here is a guest room that made me choke on my drool...cause I love the neutral pallet and all of the layering of textures.


I took these with my iPhone...but she will soon have some good ones to show you after it is photographed next week!   Don't forget to check her blog for those.

It was a great time and I know Jen was feeling the love from everyone.

Here is a group shot.

What a happy bunch after some champagne and good food.

I am down in Florida right now....and you might think I am having beach time and partying but you would be so wrong.

I'm going through "magic erasers" like crazy....washing every stinking piece of linen in this place and cleaning out cabinets after a full rental season.  Who stole the master duvet cover and why?

It ain't no fun:(

On the bright side I could be doing this at home without a gorgeous beach sunset!

Hope your week is off to a good start.

Shaboom




24 comments

René said...

It's all so gorgeous! I'll be coming back to this post a lot!

My Notting Hill said...

This is beautiful - and you've pointed out a lot of great inspiration.

Yeah, who did steal your master duvet! Crazy what people do.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

What great inspiration! Will follow this one.

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Ahh that breakfast nook is so charming. I have a table very similar to that, and just maybe one day I can do something similar. What a fun time you ladies must have had! Good luck with that cleaning.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

dying.dead.blurgh.blurgh.

this is KILLER - love her home.

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Whoa! This is sha-beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Ugghhh dying. Someone actually lives there day to day?! I have major work to do before I host any sort of luncheon!

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

Good Lawd....this is one of the best home tours I've seen in a while! Gorgeous!

angela | the painted house said...

Jen, you home is gorgeous and exudes love and coziness! I so wish I could have been there.

Thank you, Sherry, for sharing the photos. And I know who took your duvet...the same person who took our pillows. :/

An Urban Cottage said...

What a pretty house. That dining area rocks!

A Perfect Gray said...

love it all, especially the layered mirrors! donna

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

breathtaking home! love the three plates with the chair and pillow and the mm curtains. also the ikea mirrors? genius.

Karena said...

Sherry, she really knows what its all about. so many super unique pieces. I'm going to take a few of her ideas myself!

xoxo
Karena
Tom Scheerer Decorates:
Book Giveaway!

hcb interiors said...

Jen, it's gorgeous! Sorry I missed seeing it in person (had a sick little one). Thanks for sharing Sherry!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous! I love reading your blog. You are so funny!

Vel Criste said...

Pretty fantastic home! And that mirror Idea is pure genius! thanks for the tour sherry!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Thanks, Sherry, great post. Yes, the breakfast nook is stunning! So many amazing ideas here! Love the shutters by the front door.....what a cool look that I've never seen before. Inspiring!
xo
Holly

Cindy said...

Whoa... her home is epic. I love all the unique touches she has added. So clever and so perfect. The mirrors grouped with the starburst mirror are awesome, and i love that old vintage sofa and the deconstructed chair. I bet she would be so fun to shop with - obviously she could think of something cool to do with all kinds of stuff!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

What a lovely home and, like others, I love the starbust over the square mirros. Did you determine whether the square mirros are, in fact, from Ikea and if so, can you share with me (or maybe ask her) for the style name and the size? I would love to do a similar arrangement. I subscribed to her blog today.

Holly Gruszka said...

Holy crapola! How beautiful - will definitely study these shots for a while. What a great mix of high and low and in between = perfect! I also love your new blog design Sherry - looks great and suits you perfectly.

Unknown said...

I sound like a broken record but your readers are the kindest! This has been such a GIFT reading their sweet words. Yes the mirrors are from IKEA. They come in the light wood color I have here, white and black. One size only I believe.

LOVE YOU SHERRY! TOO PIECES!

jennifer@vreelandroad

Unknown said...

Sherry - love your blog! I'm signing up for it now! Had fun at Jen's and was so glad to meet you! What a fun group (sorry I missed the cool group shot). Hope to run into you at ADAC soon!

Unknown said...

Interior works are good. and lighting beautiful.

Unknown said...

Jen’s house is simply amazing! She definitely knows how to decorate a house from the tiny pieces of accessories to the big ones. And I agree with you, the dining area is one of the highlights of her house. The windows really help a lot to make it brighter. Thanks for sharing!

Francis @ DialOneWindows.com

Back to Top