Hello Tuesday!

Not sure what happened to Monday......
I will tell you this.  Halloween candy is for young people.  Yep.  After smelling the candy through the wrapper for about as long as I could take it last night I broke into a box of Milk Duds.

There were only 4 in the box and as I was ferociously chewing the carmel goodness I had a thought.  Hmmmmm....better be careful this could pull off my crown.  And with that thought....it happened.  Crikey now I have to go to the dentist.  Not that dentist are bad people, but I would rather wipe the butts of a hundred billion babies with the smelliest, grossest diarrhea  than step inside those doors.  You get it?????

On to more pleasant things.
Like a few costumes my friends wore to a Halloween party I went to.  Then on to design I promise.
My friend Jan was a "pot smoking" hippie.  Love the boots!

Mel was Kim K.  She had implants for her but and could not sit down all night.  Butt smutt.....I could not have walked in those shoes all night.

Carlos was Johnny Depp.....

Cindy was his Penelope!

And I was a party pooper....did not dress up.  

Since Carlos and Cindy spent the night at my house so they wouldn't have to drive home [they live about 30 minutes from where the party was] I had to clean my house.  I think that is why I did not have the energy to dress up :)


I have collected all of these blue jars from Goodwill and flea markets.  Not paying over $5.00 for any of them.
I added that Ikea skin on my sofa BECAUSE I CAN NOT KEEP MY ONE DOG OFF THE DARN THING!!!!!  No matter what I put on it...books, tin foil, a chair he will knock it off and get on.  He ain't playin....

Pink flowers were my theme to pull in my pink chairs.....

Ok...enough about me.
I saw this on Kara Paslay Designs blog
You need to go see this before and after...so cute!

And check out how Mandi Smith T from the blog Interior Design Musings sourced this room for "Get The Look".  She did a great job.

Don't forget about the giveaway....

Have a totally rad Tuesday :)

Sha Ray


23 comments

Kelly said...

Those costumes are a riot! We got invited to a Halloween party, but weren't able to make it. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years! I like that Ikea skin on your sofa (even if you did put there for a purely functional reason).

bluehydrangea said...

I agree, your friends went all out!! Loving the costumes. And of course all the blue and white!!

Cindy said...

Hey, wait a minute, in that first photo... Is that a costume??? That's the way i look now...
I really like the sheepskin on the sofa, looks great, and perfect for the dog...

Cindy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cool costumes, but I want to see more of that house. Gorgeous front entry. I am glad foil works on my dog.

René said...

How fun! Those butt implants must have been hilarious! I am so jealous over those blue & white pieces! I look for them all the time, but no luck.

Anonymous said...

Here's another candy to avoid - Fireballs! Cracked my crown in half resulting in: surgery to get the tooth out (after having had a root canal done on that tooth in the past; post put in for an implant, new crown. Total cost for that misadventure, $4000. Would rather spend it any where but at a dentist!

My Interior Life said...

Love the costumes! I dressed up sort of - I put on all black, some glitz and a witch's hat and called myself one of the Real Witches of Beverly Hills. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your sofa (that you so chicly threw the sheepskin over)? I need something similar in my living room.

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

I seriously was eating a box of milk duds as I was reading your post. Yikes, I feel the same way about the dentist. That party looked like a lot of FUN!

The enchanted home said...

Wow you have some fun friends!! Loved seeing their costumes...and your home is sooo pretty! Very elegant and inviting and last might I say I am a milk duds maniac...but they are NOT good for the teeth. Period. Sorry you have to go to the dentist though:)

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design said...

Your home looks great, I am sure that your friends wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't cleaned, especially after a Halloween party!

Acquired Objects said...

I feel like I just visited a few friends with this blast from the past.

I like the animal skin on your sofa just his Mama making it cozier for him.

Holly Gruszka said...

Those collected blue floral jars from the flea market are awesome - you know I like that stuff. I think I forgot to enter your giveaway - how could I have forgotten?

Tina said...

Hyyylarious!!! I want Jan's boots for real :)
What were you Sha ray???

Unknown said...

Those costumes are great! The Kim K is my fav- ha butt implants! Priceless! Off to check out that boy's room- loving that ceiling!

michele said...

must find a pair of the white vinyl boots. for realz. they bring back awesome memories.

michele

TSL said...

Oh my, Milk Duds are my fave since childhood, and I had the same thing happen with them about nine years ago! LOVE the post and all the photos, just great!

Privet and Holly said...

You always make
me laugh! And you
have some FUN friends!
I think the IKEA throw
adds some major cozy,
even if that isn't it's
true purpose : )
Happy November!
xx Suzanne

Renae Moore said...

Hey She Ray....too funny on the costumes! I love your LR, just got my LR sofa back from the upholsterers and have been wondering what to do to keep the dog off or protect the fabric!

I had to quit eating Hot Tomales candy, b/c EVERY DANG time I did, out came the crown and $85 later. Expensive candy. Oh well, my buttocks don't need it anyway.

Later Gator!

xxR

traci zeller designs said...

Oh you poor thing! That is no fun at all! I have eaten too much Halloween candy myself but fortunately no dental emergencies!!! Totally love your friends' outfits. Our favorite babysitter dressed up as Snooki, and it was something else.

Jessie said...

Your friends' costumes look like a lot of fun! I am sure you had a blast at the Halloween party!

Love your collection of blue jars, they are all so pretty. What a steal! I adore your living room, too. So chic and cozy! Oh, I noticed you have a lucite coffee table, too! What a coincidence!

By the way, I am hosting a giveaway. Come by and enter to win a stylish hanging travel kit. The winner gets to pick their fave out of 26 designs! Don't miss it!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

casey at loft and cottage said...

Book pages on the ceiling, I wish I had thought of that! And might just have to borrow that idea to cover up my ugly acoustical tile ceilings. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

omg, I was chewing on milkduds,which I stole from my kiddos candy bag, broke my tooth * filling off and had to have a crown put on. Man, did that suck!

Unknown said...

Looks great! I want that towel, ha ha. Very cute and adds a nice touch to your Dress!
Kids Bathroom With Colorful Designs

Back to Top