What a weekend!

I know it isn't over but, I have met so many new people this weekend my head is spinning. I think I need an app where you take a picture of someone and it finds all of their info, along with mention of where and how you know them.  Anyone...come on could be the next greatest thing.  They would make a movie about you [think Social Network].....you would move to LA and be Windsor Smith or Kelly Wearstler's neighbor.  Think of all the good things you would have to blog about.  Or whatever.  You probably wouldn't blog...just tweet about things all the time like Charlie Sheen.  I think his brain is spinning at such a velocity it makes NORMAL people seem like they are stuck in cement.

Whew...where did that come from.  More about the weekend in my next post.  Here are some more pictures of the job I posted about a few days ago [the design board].
These are from the basement that was refinished to become the media room, poker room, fly fishing room. Think ultimate man cave.

This space was raw as you can see.  Scary.
 

Here are some pictures after the build out.
Same wall with planks added.



 After paint and wallpaper  [although you really can't see the paper]  This is where the poker table will be.
Here is a close up.


The paint color is BM Texas Leather.  The trim, ceiling and other walls is BM 966 Natural Linen.
These are the stairs leading down to the basement.

After painting.
This the the room for displaying all of his fly fishing gear.
OK...I know this part is not really that exciting....

This will be the media area.
Still have to get the panels for inside the doors.
The bar area....check out this granite.  I know...I am over granite also but I like this one.  Here is a closeup.
Do you like it???
There is also a bathroom and small bedroom.

Bedroom

So here is my design board for the main living area.  I know that is all ya'll care about. You had to look at all the other boring pictures to get to this.
 Can't wait to get started on this one.  It just looks like another boring room without all the pretty stuff in there.  I am also SO excited that I figured out how to label these things.  When I am alone in my office struggling with these issues, and I finally get it,  I want to stand on my desk chair like King Kong and beat my chest. Visual....silly me.

We have a beautiful Sunday waiting for us here in Atlanta.  Just went to teach my 9 AM spin class and only one showed up.  Can't just teach one person...too weird. They forgot to turn forward their clocks.  They are going to be pissed when they figure it out.


40 comments

Unknown said...

You spin too - is there anything you don't do?! Looks great - can't wait to see the finished product!

René said...

What don't you do girl? We forgot to turn our clocks forward too and almost missed a swim meet. ooops. It all looks great Sherry - as always. Enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the fabrics myself but how on earth did you get the hubby to agree to the florals in the man-cave? I'd have to put a lock on the door at the top of the stairs if it was mine, and have the whole rest of the house to myself!

Unknown said...

Would you mind sharing who is the manufacturer of the pillow fabric on the upper left? I've been looking for a print with that color pallet and have had no luck.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Love it Sherry! I enjoyed seeing the spaces first then the moodboard. Love the fabric choices.

Still a little jealous that I didn't get to hang out with you and Emily the other night...

Next time my dear...Next time! Oh yeah, enjoy this beautiful Sunday we are having!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherry, I Love all the cabinetry and the stairs. What a wonderful transformation.
Hugs,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous rooms! And yesterday's field trip to the Mart was fun...thanks for the "lessons" and you were great on the pillow panel.

maggie said...

omg! this looks amazing! i love the mood board. those paint colors and wallpaper are awesome together! good job sherry!

Lissa Pierce said...

Great space! Can't wait to see it all done. I love that granite too....looks like rocks in a stream. Like fly fishing!

Kathysue said...

Sherry this room is coming right along. I can see it done in my head and it is going to be fantastic!!! Enjoy your wonderful sunday. It is a glorious day that God has given us!!! KS

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

You do amazing work, love the difference by painting the paneling...you can come work on my house any day! Janell

SHERRY HART said...

CLS....that fabric is a Robert Allen called Eleria/Biscotti. The sofa fabric is Kravet, and the paisley is Pindler & Pindler.

Marianne said...

Sherry, can I just tell you how much I enjoy your posts and all of your little side notes! You are one very funny lady! Love how this home is coming together, too!

Pudel-design said...

That looks amazing!!!
I LOOOVE the colors, that grey is gorgeous!
Thank you so much for sharing this;)
Lovely greetings...

http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

lizziefitz said...

Love! Just showed my husband and he looked worried? Can't imagine why? HA! The who knows fabric would look great on an ottoman:) Thanks for sharing

The enchanted home said...

Wow so impressed with it all..the colors are fabulous love the gray undertones. So rich and elegant. Love also the bird wallpaper..whose is it? I loooove birds. Amazing what imagination and a little elbow grease can do! Enjoy....

Ceri said...

Such a great space. I love the gray stairs! Are the rods iron?

Nancy Hood said...

Oh Sherry, I love what you have accomplished with this space!!!! You are so talented. Have a great week, Nancy

The Vintique Object said...

Gosh, I think you did an amazing job with the man cave! What a huge transformation!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You are so funny. Love how this man cave is looking. You teach a spin class? Wow. My sister and I went to Scott's today. Got some nice pillows and a couple of odds and ends. I didn't even know that there is a whole other store across the freeway. Will have to hit that one first next time.

Diane said...

Now I understand why my husband is still carrying a grudge (6 years later) that we did not buy a house with a basement...

Unknown said...

That is one chic basement...love the paint color, the wood work..all of it..WOW!

Erika Ward said...

Even though you classified this as a man cave, I could totally hang out there. Love the planks on the wall and that paint color, gorgeous!

Didn't know you taught spin class, too! With all the energy you have, I'm not suprised! Hugs.

My Interior Life said...

Can you come redo my basement? That first pic with the concrete wall looks scarily similar a storage area in our basement. Maybe one day!

Anonymous said...

wow, Sherry,..
what a transformation...the media room looks so inviting compared to what it had looked like previously...I would think the home owners are very happy with the results...
maureen

Privet and Holly said...

Girlie, you are
a genius. That
was one heck-of-a
SCARY before picture!
Yowzer!!!
xx Suzanne

Joyce said...

A beautiful transformation! Now this is seeing a diamond in the raw. I can't wait to the extra special touches.

Mona thompson said...

What a transformation! Love it all. Can't wait to see it complete. A room like this takes real vision and that you most definitely have. Wish you were here to not only teach me how to label an inspiration board on my computer but give me a few spinning lessons. I just mentioned that I might enjoy a spinning bike three years ago and one showed up for my birthday. I've never used it. It kills my butt!

angela | the painted house said...

How so very pretty is that basement gonna be?

Had fun Friday night! You crack me up. :)

Be careful there, missy, beating your chest!! Gotta be nice to the girls!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Sherry, its HAWT!

Love the painted planks. You have instantly added character to this space.

Oh and mirrored back walls are the best in kitchen areas, aren't they?

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Love all of it, even the before pics, can't wait to see the rest. The granite reminds me of rocks in a stream, perfect for the fly fishing inspiration.

traci zeller designs said...

I love that space, Sherry! The wallpaper is fantastic and I'm just loving all of your fabrics. It's beautiful! Oh wait, I shouldn't say "beautiful" about a man cave. It's very, very manly. How about that? ;-)

Oh, and you teach spin, too? What don't you do?? I just read Emily's post on Scott's and it sounds like an amazing trip! I've never been and I so need to go!!

A Vintage Vine said...

You do great work!!!! Love the idea/mood board, can't believe that is a basement...goes to show you what a great designer can make happen!!!

quintessence said...

What a fabulous transformation - and love the paint color - both in the room and on the staircase. Am looking forward to seeing the evolution of the main living area!

shannon said...

Holy Moly!! It's looking fantastic! Can't wait to see it all glam'd up!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous space. What a tranformation. I've been the one person at spin class before and it is not fun. Way too much attention and focus on me for my liking:)

wedding said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
casey at loft and cottage said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I love the "boring" pictures! That planking and the Texas Leather wall color are just awesome. Love it all.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the built-ins! Can't wait to see the "after."

Anonymous said...

excellent woodworking!

Back to Top