Scott's in March

I am so dang behind with my Scott's pictures.  I was going to post Friday, but I wanted to observe the Blogger Day of Silence for Japan.  I remember when my husband came in to my office to tell me what was happening.  It was very shocking to see some of the live footage.  

It was a blast meeting some of the bloggers this month who made the trip to Atlanta.  Kathy  and Sissy were there shopping together.  Also Emily was in town from Charlotte with her husband [who was in town for something called "basketball"].  We all met along with Angela Friday evening at JCT Kitchen for a great meal.  

They have all done post on what they saw, and it always amazes me how the experience is different for everyone!

Here were SOME of the treasures I wanted.  Oh wait...I wanted everything I saw.
Loving some orange.  You would have to put some glass on this because if you spilled something, it would go right to the rug.  Kind of like in the "old" days when the shelves in refrigerators were metal.  Yeah...that was like in the 1800's when I got my first one.
I wanted these also...oh wait...why don't I just paint mine orange?  Duh.
Friday night at dinner Sissy was morning these.  She almost bought them for a cool...$100 each.
Or I could paint mine blue.   Lets get to the pillows...
 
I could be a pillow hoarder.
They are kind of like lipstick.  If you go shopping and you are broke...you can always find $20 for a tube of lipstick.
Trina baby...you had me a orange and pink :)
Love
Should have posted these on the 17th.
Barbara Berry.....come with me.
Juiciness....
Love the pink...why don't I have any pink in my house...I should.

Lets go from pillows to chickens....
These are the cutest ever...wait there is more.
Can I just have this in my backyard without the chickens????
So cute.
$675.00 for 6.  Come on...with old leather seats.  I am sure you would have to recover but don't you love the style???

Why did I not buy this...It was cheap.  
I just loved this touch of green with all the neutral.  Hmmmm....easy to accomplish.
This reminds me of Celerie Kemble's fabric for Schumacher.  One of my favorites.

Plexiglass DR table....or big desk.....please find your way to my house.

The was so much more....sigh.  What did I buy?  Some architectural  prints.  That is all...sometimes it is overwhelming to me also.  If I see something cool then I think well I would have to replace that and then sell this and then recover that....and I just can not pull the trigger.  You know how that goes.  
Or what about this concept...a plan...like I do for my clients?  
Nah...cause then I would obsess about finding the perfect thing.

Thursday I had to get a cyst removed from my back.  They gave me about 20 shots of Novocain to numb the area.  She kept saying "do you feel this?"...yes..."what about this?" a big yes.  And so on.  After a few minutes I said "I will tell you when I DON"T feel it OK....crikey  Nurse Rached...WTF.

So anyway long story short, that night it was throbbing [when the doctor spent 10 minute digging it out like she was searching for gold] so I took a pain pill and then drank a beer before bed.  I thought the beer would start quicker that the pill.  Whoa that was quite the cocktail.  I had the worst nightmares ever.  My husband woke me up about 3 times telling me to shut up.  

I think I will just let it hurt.  That was freaky.

Sun is out...off to walk the poochies.



29 comments

maggie said...

ok sherry...don't think you LOVE your sister anymore!! you let those dining room chairs go!! i think i "clearly" remember when you happened upon your "dining room" chairs at Scott's!! I was right there for support!! right or wrong??! ha ha! not really in my budget..but i feel sure if you had sent me a picture I might have written a BAD check for them! oh..were they pretty! i forgive you..cause your the best sister ever! :) (and Nancy)!

The Sister Sophisticate said...

Excuse me for being so late to the Scott's thing, but um, OMG! Where and what is this beautiful place? Yeah!! I would have jumped right on that coffee table, exactly how cheap was it? Sorry to hear about your back!

Kathysue said...

sherry I had to laugh about your pillow/lipstick remark. Omgosh I am such a pillow addict and a lipstick/gloss girl, you have no idea. I never can resist a new lipstick and the funny thing is they all are about the same colors but just enough difference to make me not feel guilty for buying yet another one!!! I hope your back feels better. I am writing today since it is pouring down rain and will be for the next 5 days. The plants are loving it so it is all good!! xo Kathysue

René said...

You poor thing. Hopefully you will sleep better going forward. I could totally be a pillow hoarder too.

Unknown said...

O M GEEEEE - yes, you hit the nail on the head - there's nothing like new lipstick ;) I love the she was here for something called "basketball" comment - Kentucky peeps are serious about our ball games!!!

The Vintique Object said...

Wow, this Scott's place! It must be heaven on earth! What caught my eye was that table on the old barber's chair lift. I wanted to do this so badly when we lived in a studio a few years back. Coffee table to dining room table with a few pumps of the foot thingie. Somebody beat me to it. -Camille

lizziefitz said...

Sherry , Great finds! sorry about your back, that is just like me at the dentist...OUCH!!!

A Perfect Gray said...

ahhh, been waiting on this post. now when I say you are a pillow 'ho, that will be short for 'hoarder' not the other kinda 'ho.

loved that birdbath top on the coffee table. I need to do that...

donna

My Interior Life said...

So sorry about your back - that sounds awful. And yes, you're right - I didn't see half these things (that lucite table - OMG), which was probably for the best. Had so much fun seeing your finds. Take care of yourself and your back!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

I totally agree-- Scotts is sometimes so overwhelming I find myself paralyzed! Then I have all that reverse buyer's remorse after... vicious cycle. :) Hope you're better soon! Enjoy the sunshine this weekend!
Heidi @ Show Some Decor

PS-new giveaway on the blog if you're interested!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You are such a hoot. I told you to lay off the booze. I didn't see any of the stuff you showed. This must be at the other building that I didn't even know existed until too late in the day. I will visit it next time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
Scott's is so my kind of place...will have to make a trip down there to check it out...and bring a u-haul full back to Michigan.... :)
btw, it will stop hurting when the pains gone.. ha...
maureen

Mona Thompson said...

Sherry, Your making me miss Scott's . Haven't been in a while. Maybe in May? Sorry about your back. Ouch!!! Hopefully it will be better soon.

Gretchen O. said...

Sounds like you had a blast! (At Scott's NOT at the doctor:) Hope your back is better soon.

oh, and I am in love with Celerie Kembles fabric too...and trina turk's pink and orange...sigh, maybe I will make it to Scott's sometime soon:)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

WOW! looks so fun, so many treasures too!
Thanks for your comment on the mudroom :)
Enjoy your sunday!
XO

Joyce said...

Hi Sherry, I hope your back is healing and it isn't anything serious. I like your pain remedy!

OK to add salt the wound yes you should have gotten the coffee table! smile...

I hope you enjoyed your walk. xo

PS I thought I left a message yesterday, but maybe I didn't finish to go through.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Love the plexiglass table and another pillow always makes me happy.
Hope all is well with your back.

bluehydrangea said...

Sherry,
Yes! those are my chairs!! Oh well, maybe next time! Hope your back is better!! Loved meeting you!
sissy

charm home said...

Those chicken coups are awesome!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

OOh, that sounds painful! Let this be a lesson not to mix beer with pain meds. Feel better, girl.

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Hope you're feeling better by today! Love the pics and especially the plexi dining table! Looking for a desk just like that for my office, maybe there will be another one next month!
Take care!

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design said...

Those orange stools found their way into my client's house! They found a great home. Have another beer to recover- feel better. xo

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Scott's wonderful?!!! Looks like you found some great things. I love the Trina pillows.
Have a wonderful week.
Xo,
E&J

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be. What fun though! I need to take a trip to Atlanta soon just to visit all these great antique markets. I hope you're feeling better and your husband is getting some sleep:)

angela | the painted house said...

Your brain is awesome!

So sorry about your back--ouch!!! (They didn't find any gold back there?)

I love that blue chair and CHICKEN HOUSES!!

Privet and Holly said...

So THAT's what
I am....a pillow
hoarder. So good
to know and have
a label to stick
on it!!! You are
right, it is exactly
like buying lipstick!
xx Suzanne

niartist said...

Hi Sherry! just popping over to say THANK YOU for coming by the blog and saying hello! I'm so happy you liked the botanical project! :) xo, Artie

Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com said...

Our chickens would love that sweet little coop!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE those pillows. All of them.

Back to Top