Sunday afternoon

Well...never made it to the beach yesterday...or today.  I am DEFINITELY leaving tomorrow.  I kept trying to get it together to leave but I felt like my feet were stuck in concrete.  One excuse after another...it's raining....I don't feel like packing....my back hurts.....I am going to miss my dogs....and the biggest one is I DO NOT FEEL LIKE GOING DOWN THERE TO CLEAN.  

Just trying to keep it real.  But OK I am definitely leaving tomorrow morning.  I swear.

So just a few random pictures.  I went to a small showhouse last week.  Actually 2 of the three were decorated by a store.  One by Room and Board and the other by a really modern store called Cantoni.  The problem is when one store does the whole house...well you know what I am going to say.  It looks like too much of a showroom.  I LOVE modern but I like it mixed in with other styles.
The middle one was a few different designers and I found it so much more interesting.

Here are a few shots I took.
I took this because I liked the art and I thought it was interesting how they used those clips to mount it.
A closeup.  Cute huh?
Look at the top of these curtains...neat idea on hanging them.
Yes.  Me likey.  Very much.
Now I have seen the molds done a lot of different ways...but this was cool.  I have some...where the heck are they???
Close up...just using a L bracket.
OK...see this mink pillow?  What a great idea right.  Well I was talking to Angie [CL queen] and she told me that she bought 3 mink pieces on Goodwill.com for really cheap.  Of course...what was I thinking.  Pictures...
Not the flip flops :)
So...mink pillows will be made.  Here are a few more that she got.
and this little number.
Who wants one?????
 I saw this the other day for $25...Geez...I need a truck to drive around in.  Of course then I need a store cause I have a sofa.  But I could change it.  But then my husband might change wives.  Decisions....
Finally got the cafe curtains up for my client.  I am loving this type of window treatment right now.  We just used a very light scrim for texture.
 Ok...I have a little sneak peek of Angie's house.  We are still accessorizing but it is starting to look really cute.
Sofa...CL
Table [painted] CL
Fabric for pillow....I found at GW .  One window panel for $5.00.  It is a very expensive heavy linen fabric.
Lamp from Scott's.  OK maybe that was a little over her usual budget but I convinced her she needed it.

That is all you are getting :)

Oh yeah...I have been pretty smug about you guys talking about all the chairs you keep buying.  Inner monologue "Whew...glad I am over the chair thing.  I am happy with what I have".  "Crazy bloggers".  OK....never say never and what a joke....I bought 2 sets of chairs this week.  Yes you read that right.  WTF.  Change is coming I guess.

Think of me driving 5 hours by myself tomorrow.  Bored.  Eating "Cheese It's".   The best.  NOT cheese Nips.  Crappy. 


30 comments

René said...

Totally agree with you on Cheese-it's - better by far. I'm loving the grommets on those curtains! So clever. Have fun cleaning and be safe!

The enchanted home said...

So funny about Cheese-its reminds me of our looong drives last summer to my sons lax tournaments...cheese-its certainly helped us get through the trip:-) I agree so much about when a store decorates..looks just like a setting from the showroom, though those panels are quite pretty up there! Good luck and drive safely tomorrow!!

traci zeller designs said...

I have stopped buying Cheez-Its because, when I do, that is ALL my boys want to eat! You are so right about when a store decorates. One of our local home tours was sponsored last year by individual stores, and it suffered from the same problem. Have a safe trip!!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Hey, any time you need a little company going to the beach, I'm there for ya!!! :) And I might even help with the cleaning....

Unknown said...

I'm with Sheila, when the temps in Madison are not topping 32 degrees on March 27th, scrubbing and cleaning at the beach sounds like a better option.
Don't eat too many Cheese-its....!

Unknown said...

Ha! So funny about the mink pillow making- I just came home with a few from an antique market last weekend that I have very similar plans for! Lovely inspiration and I hear you on the concrete/don't want to clean feet - I have those too!!

Ceri said...

I love the shoe molds! Such a great presentation.

Anonymous said...

Don't make me lecture you on how lucky you are to have a lake to go to. It's going down to 13 degrees tonight. I'm convinced we will never have spring. Woe is me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I just have to add. Those old minks creeped me out. Just saying.

Interior Design Musings said...

Ok, hate to disrupt your plans, but I do have a great house keeper that cleans for us when we go to Santa Rosa to my Mother in laws place. And yes, she does a fantastic job (I am Type A, so that is saying something!). Think about it? I'll give you her name!!!! M.

A Perfect Gray said...

some great ideas - clipped on art, mounted shoe molds and fur pillows! thanks! donna

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

oooo, mink pillows! I like very much!

Emily A. Clark said...

I think I recognize that glass lamp in the last pic :)

Brilliant Chic said...

I loved the shoe molds myself! Drive safely!

The Sister Sophisticate said...

I love the little details that make a big difference like the clips and the ball chains! Very creative!

I might sound like a DA(dumb-a**)but what is CL? I know what GW is!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Thanks for all the tips! What a clever idea with the clips. Loving your blog and your humor!

Anonymous said...

I'm all over that sofa...would redesign the arm to be straight and upholster in velvet...and love the mink pillow ideas...curtains are gorgeous btw....
happy cleaning!!!
maureen

My Interior Life said...

Safe travels (if you make it today)! It's so dreary, I can totally relate!

I'm obsessed with that art! That's going in my inspiration files.

Cheez-its - Yum!

Joyce said...

I so... love the art in the first and second photos! I have an idea how about hiring someone to clean why you shop or lay by the pool with a beverage? smile... Safe travels my friend. xo

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I was about to donate a few old mink coats and thank gawwwwd I did not, mink pillows coming up! Thanks for posting, great idea. Travel safely and hope the cleaning goes smoothly.

Cheers ~ Deb

Mona Thompson said...

Love, love the way the molds were hung on the wall. I've never seen that either. And girl, I've got a closet full of mink that is so out of style. The next time anyone sees it, definitely it will be pillows. Enjoy your day. Mona

Naomi @ Design Manifest said...

Angie's place is looking so great!

I wish I had a truck too. Having a Honda Civic is really limiting my furniture hoarding potential.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Oh Sherry, I just love your witty posts. I am so making a mink pillow! Have fun at the beach:)

Gretchen O. said...

You make me laugh...and the show house sure did have some good ideas...still pondering the clipped artwork. Have a wonderful time at the beach...maybe you should head to the mountains for a vacation from your vacation:)

Lexi said...

All such great finds!

Enjoy your vaycay!

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

Amy Vermillion Interiors said...

Thanks for coming by to comment the other day!
The shoe molds are divine! And my husband might change wives too with my craziness!

LiveLikeYou said...

Wait did I miss it...what beach are you going to?? GO!! I'm finally on vacation at the beach myself, but in a hotel..no house, loving a clean and laundry free time!!

Maureen Stevens said...

the cobbler shoe form display is a great idea! have fun at the beach!

Faith said...

That art was lovely...and what a brilliant way to hang/display it!!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

That artpiece is divine! I'm currently loving anything abstract and full of bright bursts of color for spring...You can literally prop that baby up against any wall and instant showstopper for all your guests to enjoy...and that $25 sofa is Siiiiick! I'd leave the upholstery as is (if clean of course :D) and style it right next to my new wall art! Love it, great shots, thanks for sharing!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Back to Top