MADISON PROJECT







Man....I have no words about what is happening in the world right now.  I am not even sure I should post about something as frivolous as design....while this country is in mourning. I apologize if I am being disrespectful  to anyone.

I know that I...being white.... can not fully understand..... I have not walked their path but I have so much empathy when I hear their cries for justice.  And.... I have learned something everyday as I have read and  listened to what they are saying.  

You will never stop learning when you open your heart.

I did go to Madison on Saturday afternoon and y'all it was a much needed break....even if only for 24 hours.  It's so unbelievably peaceful there.

I had received the faux olive tree I ordered from Crate and Barrel.  I had looked everywhere for a container that I thought would be perfect.  Finally I was at Pikes [a local nursery here in Atlanta] and found the perfect one!


I might thin it out a little when I go back.....but over all it's a pretty good faux.  The rocks came from Michaels.


I thought I would start with the very beginning....this is how it looked when they bought it!

I suggested to paint it dark.... 

Look at the right and you will see the porch.  The porch became a dining room and family room after the renovation.  Another porch was built to connect it to a new quest suite.


The doors on the left were added to the master bedroom.

You can see the new porch on the far right.

The new guest suite.


Off to the far left where the barn is..... was converted to another guest suite.


On the other side of the barn is a  whole field of wildflowers....



I don't really want to share this but we went for a trail walk and of course I was talking about ticks the whole time!  I am such a weenie.....well wouldn't you know......about an hour after the walk I felt something bite me and I looked down to see 3 ticks on my ankle.

I was able to brush the 2 smaller ones away but one had already sunk it's teeth in me and I started screaming and hopping around like a 12 year old.  Anne went straight into "mom mode" "saying give me your leg Sherry".....with clenched teeth.  She grabbed that sucker and ripped it off my ankle and y'all....I was shaking.  I told her when I got home that night I had PTSD....and she told me "to get over it"....haha.

She also called me a "city slicker"....sometime she can be annoying. 

The back of the house....that is the screen porch connecting the guest area.


The furniture used in the barn.






It is almost finished....but I do love how it is coming together.  I went with the olive tree instead of the fig because I thought the green of the fig would be too bright for the space.

I ordered this bench from CB 2 and y'all its amazing.  The fabric matched perfectly!





Still waiting for the bed sham fabric from Schumacher.  It was due in May and now it has been moved to August....
Black and white art from Jenn Balcos Gallery....




 Charles Stewart chairs.  Circa lighting floor lamps.


That's it for now.....You can read the journey of this project by searching Madison on the blog.

As always thanks for reading and thanks for all of your support:)

Shayboo


12 comments

cindy hattersley design said...

Love every darn little bit!! Yikes the fabric. I wonder if that is going to start happening with all fabrics? Where did the lamp come from? I need that in my own house!!

Patty M said...

That house. BUT, that room. It's beautiful!! Just love it!! You did a fabulous job!!


My niece posted on IG..."I understand that I will never understand, but I stand. And I'm listening. Perfect words to help us all be better.

Take Care, and thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting beauiful spaces!

home Barbara said...

Wowsers. Your talent leaves me shaking my head every time. When I win the lottery you're the first person I'm calling. I want the Madison project's owner's budget and YOU!
. Glad you survived the tick incident. I found one on my Mable and immediately started iching all over.

Su-z said...

Sherry, you have turned that project into a work of art. I love it. I’ve heard olives are the new fiddle leaf figs, but I’ve heard that about a few things. Anyway, It’s perfect in that room. The exterior is beautiful also. Don’t feel bad about fearing ticks. They’re awful and carry terrible diseases. The last thing you need is Lyme disease! That is a good reason to love possums - they eat a ton of ticks!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Whoa!!! What a beautiful bedroom. Love how you styled the mantel as it holds it's own with the stone. Great job.

Unknown said...

I love every bit of this, totally agree about the olive versus the fig, but wouldn’t have thought of that! ( why you’re the designer!😉) was that brown shaggy throw rug the owners? If you got it, would love the source, perfect for my space! Thank you for all your beautiful and heartfelt posts

Anonymous said...

I eagerly opened this post, and AS USUAL, you delivered a beautiful post that I (and everyone else) so enjoyed. Just really enjoyed the textures, composition, and colors of the bedroom. This project with the rebuilt/repurposed areas is so interesting! Why did they choose to do a screened-area leading from the guest house instead of enclosing it in glass or other all-weather siding? Just a wonderful transformation, they are very lucky owners!

Anonymous said...

Never feel like you have to apologize. I admire your design talent and if anything, gives us a brief break from all the madness that is happening around us. Your email is the first thing I read in the morning and I just want to thank you for openly sharing your design ideas and fashion sense!

tanyaj said...

beautiful project!! love all the details, and would love to know where the bedside tables came from. they are perfect

Anonymous said...

Sherry -
I've been following you for years, am just now commenting. Your style is beautiful and I'm always so impressed by your work! You have taught me so much how to make neutrals beautiful through texture. Your projects are so inspirational! Would you mind sharing the paint color for the exterior of this cabin? My husband and I have a similar situation with old wood, and this color is another beautiful choice you made. No worries if you'd rather keep that info to yourself, just keep doing what you're doing and showing your audience beautiful possibilities.

debra @ 5th and state said...

Yours are always my favorite posts.....actually read very few any more but yours, always a delight!

every single aspect of this home is perfection, suddenly I am jealous of the homeowner...ok, just slapped myself. I'm back, and drooling

I agree with you on the police violence, and how inequality & violence is rampant, but also always enjoy the escapism in your posts, an equal dose of inspiration and humor. Prayers for Atlanta
debra

Back to Top