DESIGN PLAN





Well here it is Friday....see how I pat myself on the back just for getting a little old blog post up.  It was a busy week since I am a little behind after all the mayhem in my life.

I had last weekend to get a design plan together for some clients...that was a little tricky as it can usually take 2 weeks or longer.

This is a total renovation [Ladisic Fine Homes....builder] [Pritchett Dixon the architects] I have been working on for about 6-7 months.

I am going to show you the floor plans I did for the family room....

Its a pretty big room.....
They are a family of 5 with 3 boys....so even though there are playrooms and a full basement we all know that the room right off the kitchen is where they will all gather!



Above with 2 sofas and below I played around with a sectional.....








Below is OK using 2 smaller occasional chairs...but this one is really not that great.



This was the clear winner with the sofa and 2 swivel chairs.  It has the best pathways into the room.

Below you can see the kitchen right off the family room.....



This is the FR with a killer porch right off this space.....





I am sure they will be using this space a lot!!!



The smaller room [right off the kitchen] is a cooking porch which will have a grill area and a small table!


Before above and after....painted the new colors.  I know you are going to ask me but I can't remember right this second.....


The bathroom tile has been installed....she wanted to keep it very neutral....


Love this subway with the trim on it!

I pushed her to use this tile and now she said it is her favorite:)




We did all ceramic in the secondary bathrooms but did a pretty marble in the master....




Below is the inspiration board I did.....

I know y'all want to see the decorating part....and we will cover that next week.  I am busy getting the estimates and firming it up!

Now for the good news....went back to the doc yesterday and it was confirmed....Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever....which I should fully recover from!  

Also I have not updated you on my BIL....he had his surgery.  They did find cancer in 5 lymph nodes but at this time [after conferring with the Mayo Clinic] no more chemo.  They removed his port and feeding tube.  He will be scanned every 3 months.  That is good news as there were some really rough times before and after the surgery.

OK.....I just want to warn y'all I am thinking of moving my blog from Blogger to my website!  Really scared about this as I have over a 1000 blog post and people have said that I might lose some and then of course I have to learn a whole other platform.....my goodness...this could be a disaster!

There are reasons which I will share with you later.....

I hope y'all have a great weekend.....I will probably be working but hey....the good thing is I am alive:)

Shaymovingforward



 


5 comments

AnneHH said...

Good morning, Sherry! SO wonderful to have a post to enjoy with my tea this am and that house is so gorgeous! What a treat that you can work on such high end homes with such talented collaborators! And, of course, your contributions just push these projects into the stratosphere of fabulousness!! It gives me chills to see your tile combinations! SO beautiful and timeless!! What an awesome talent you are. As for the rest of your life.... you will need to write a book! OMG, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever! No wonder you were so sick. Sounds like you are pushing yourself too hard after this latest challenge. Please take it easy to allow your body to fully heal. Maybe taking on the blog switch should be delayed for six months?!?!? Just a thought from a reader who sends you so much love and healing power. xoxo

Diane said...

So glad u r better! You scared us!

debra @ 5th and state said...

dear personal fav design star...always love your work!

thrilled you will recover fully & your BIL is in such good hands and onward an upward

xx
debra

michele said...

A confirmed diagnosis is great! With a son in Colorado, I need to learn more about it. As for the design, what an amazing project to be part of! I love it when you share paint colors! If you knew how many questions come my way about paint! Praying for your brother in law just now, Sherry. Thanks for keeping us updated. Let me know if there is any way I can ease any of your blogging and healing woes. It would be my pleasure to bring comfort if I can. Bon weekend, beautiful overcomer who is ever rising strong and staying the wild child she is created to be. xox

Anonymous said...

So happy you are doing better!

Back to Top