MY HOUSE






On Saturday [after walking the mart for 3 days] I went to Scott's Antique Market.  I know....I'm crazy.  It had been a few months since I had gone and it was pretty busy with all the mart people in town hitting it up!

I wasn't there more than 5 minutes when I purchased a piece of art for me.  I just can't be trusted to restrict myself on only buying things for clients.  The hazards of my job.

 Anyway let's not dwell on the negative.

I have bought a few pieces of art from Scott Kerr and we had never met.....so when I ran into him at Scott's we had lot's to discuss!  The main thing being how much I love his work:)





I almost bought this one....but


But in the end this one spoke to me:)

And I whipped out my CC.  [I actually don't remember that part....but it was fast!]

When I got home Sat night I was so tired I did not even take it out of the car....but it was all I could think of  ALL NIGHT LONG.  Where the hell am I going to hang it???  It's too big....  [I have very little wall space in my house] so something was going to have to change.

But what?  These were all my midnight thoughts....

I got up Sunday and started from the beginning....move everything off the seagrass.... turn the rug around and vacuum.  I found about 20 of Cami's bones under the sofa.  Ha Ha

That gave me time to think.

I decided to move Stevie to the other side of the TV....


Now I get to look at her more as the sofa is across from these chairs!

That worked.

Then my thought was to  move this chest to the other wall and hang the art there but that would mean all of my furniture would be on one wall.....lined up like little soldiers. 


A review...this is how it looked before....

When I arranged it like this I had visions of actually working at the desk.  Then I realized that would be the first thing you see when you walk in the room and I came to my senses.

It would always be a mess.....no bueno.


In the end.....I just hung it where Stevie was.  I'm nothing if not lazy.  And I decided to turn the table around also.  No particular reason for that either....


Then I got all crazy and washed my slip covers....change out my pillows, vacuumed the whole house, mopped the floors and started sprucing up other areas of neglect.




Not styled or anything but I hung this basket. 

 
Changed up this little area.


Nice little faux plant from Target :)

These are all lame iPhone pics.
  
I was still un-showered and in my PJ's at 4:00.  Why can't I go after everything like that?

Shayoutofcontrol





10 comments

debra @ 5th and state said...

BAM, it's a new room......LOVE!

do you realize you are on the cusp of a design mantra that needs to be enforced????

JUST BUY IT! ( it will always work)

karen said...

Answer to the last question?
The Daily Double Alex , Because it would kill ya!
Looks beautiful and I liked all his pieces.

karen a Sunday said...

Not lame pics all i see is preeeeety!!!!! thanks for inspiring me

Dian Owens said...

The best "git it done" day is hitting it early, while still in PJs. Work like a crazy woman. Shower at 4:00 p.m. and go out on the town as a reward. BAM!

Gail Storti said...

You were on a roll and you nailed it! And as far as I can tell from the amazing things you share on your blog, you DO go after everything like that! Next time you’re feeling “out of control” and need to do a little rearranging, come on over, I promise I’ll do all the cleaning and furniture moving andnyou can even wear your PJ’s!

Unknown said...

I love this! Great job, beautiful painting! I would love to see photo of entire room!

Elstar said...

Hi there,

I love your blog, love your house and love your new painting! I have Pyne Hollyhock fabric in my bedroom because I discovered it through you and I’m very happy with it.
I have a question for you.....what would you call the design style of your home? It’s definitely my style but I don’t know what to call it?

Thanks!
Best, Ellie DeWitt

turnberry's mom said...

Seems to me you your creative gene was tweaked after all the inspiration you took in over the previous 3 days. Good for the soul! Think of all the exercise you got with all those steps.

Tell me about your sofa. I have my grandmother's antique Chinese Chippendale camel back sofa and I want a fabric like what you have on your sofa. My "family treasure" is sitting in the garage (over 18 mos now) and I need to make a move on it. Is that fabric from a source or did the sofa come with that fabric?

I enjoy your blog!
Kay

sjudge said...

Given that I tend to get lost in my own bed, I suppose your fabulous redecorating skills would leave me cowering in a corner wondering just whose home I'd wandered into

cindy hattersley design said...

I LOVED his art as well. Thank god I couldn't take anything home that wouldn't fit in my suitcase! It was so much fun

Back to Top