BEFORE AND AFTER





Yo.....how was your weekend?  Rainy here in Atlanta and I pretty much worked most of it.  I have a guest bedroom install next Monday so I hit up 5....yes 5 HomeGoods looking for loot.  This is a long time client and I have done their whole house so I'm gonna pull this one together on the fly:)

I must have 20 pillows in my car because I keep changing the plan......crikey.

Think blue and white because it is always easy to find good stuff in those colors!

Scored this one to start the plan!

I have a lot to do before I leave on the big trip....8 days until checkin....

Finishing up a project for another long time client.  We are adding some new lighting and a few architectural elements to the fireplace and the powder bath.

This is what the small keeping area off the kitchen  looked like 5 years ago on my first visit.


And this was the after....
These Lee Industries chair and 1/2 are the most sat in chairs in the whole house!

But it was time for a change....the mantel was always too small and she wanted to change the gray surround.

I talked her into keeping the gray and working with it!
I had my contractor build a new mantel and stain it gray!

Then we built it out with shiplap and trim covering the raw edges of the tile and he had these brackets which gave it a little more presence.

He did a great job matching the gray!

And here she is all painted and looking so much better!

Now to put it back together with a new rug....pillows....and recovered chairs.
And a new FP screen....


To give it a little more modern look!

That's all I got for you.....

I have a photoshoot today and yesterday I got home at 8:00 pm after shopping for a few accessories...flowers and such.  I wish I could have hired a stylist because then I could just hang and have fun.....but I kept thinking I could pull this off.

At this point I'm thinking poor planning on my part:(  When am I going to start listening to that little voice of reason that tries to but into my inner conversations?

Oh yeah.....I finally bought a new computer and when I went into the Apple store I was sure I was going to get another Macbook Air but the guy looked at me and said.....aren't you tired of driving that Taurus.....are you ready for a Maserati now?

Huh?

Well I guess so if you put it that way...haha.


The point is..... I took it home [because I didn't want to wait around at the Apple store] and migrated it myself.  Now I'm no "techie"....so I am here to say it was that easy.  Do not pay for someone to do that!


Shayfrazzled  







4 comments

Paige Gary said...

Please share your source for the fab fire screen. I’ve seen similar ones with silver hinges but I love the gold. Thx!

Anonymous said...

Tell us what computer you got!

Gail Storti said...

Well...I thought I was the only one crazy enough to hit 5 HG stores in one day! That’s what happens when you’re obsessed with finding the exact perfect thing! LOVE that first pillow and I think I’ll have to once again go on the “5 HG store” in one day hunt for it. I thought the fireplace surround looked pretty good until I saw the after! What a great update. Can’t wait to see more. xo Gail

Dian Owens said...

Pretty fireplace renovation! So, now we can get computer tech advice from you, too! You're the best Sherry!

Back to Top