FASHION





Call me scrooge.  I did not get the hype about the Eclipse.  I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything but I feel like the media tried to turn it into the second coming or something.....

Maybe it was a good diversion from everything that is going on in our country today.....and I certainly applaud all of you raising children in this world....it's gotta be tough.

OK......enough seriousness from me.  I've got some fashion for you today.

Y'all wanted to know the details on what I wore to speak on my panel.

Nothing special.  The top was Eileen Fisher linen bought on "serious sale".  The jeans were AG my favorite fit.  The shoes...[Franco Sarto] well I couldn't find them anywhere in that color now. 

Remember I blogged about them here and lawd they are extremely comfy.

This whole post started with these shoes from Banana Republic at 40% off plus if you use your card an extra 10%.







I was pretty excited when I saw them and then she came out and said she didn't have my size.  Mini meltdown.  What?  Pull it together Sherika.

So we started looking online and I asked her to bring me another color for fit.

She went back and 5 minutes later came out with them in my size!!!  I was so excited I hugged her which I am sure was an invasion of her personal space.

As I was walking around the store clutching them close I got excited about what I would wear with them.

I tried on these jeans....so cute.... high waisted and vintage [no stretch!] plus fringe hem. 

Done.  In line to pay.

Then I headed up to Ann Taylor because they were also doing 40% off.


I added another white top to my lineup.....cause Lord knows I need that :)



Then I was on a role....I am always looking for cute orthopedic comfortable shoes and these Vans fit the bill!  And the pink raincoat....yes!




Gingham is on point in design and fashion!  How cute is this number below from J Crew Facotry?

I pretty much wear white jeans every day in the summer.....and the good thing is they are easy to dress up or down.  I also have these sunglasses and they are my favorite.


Of course now I want these shoes:)  They definitely fit the bill of "cute and comfortable" agree?


It's that time of the year when we want to start wearing fall with September being only 9 days away..... but it is going to be in the 90's today so that is not happening.  

Hopefully with a few tweaks in your wardrobe you can still look cute until the cooler weather arrives!

Shafashionista





5 comments

Kathysue said...

Perfect!! I think I pinned every single outfit. Loved them all. I have a pair of calfskin leopard mules from the early 90s and they still look great and are on point this year again, in fact I have always worn them and they just stay in style. I love how you can pull together fun casual outfits. Casual is my lifestyle now so I have to stay in that lane! Fun post and you did great with your purchases. Yes, it is in between season and transitioning can be a bit hard at times The weather is mixed up our closets are mixed up and our brains are mixed up too!! Enjoy your new purchases!! I did a fashion post on the color combinations I will be wearing this season. I always seem to start with colors.

michele said...

I have nothing new to wear for fall other than a chambray plaid scarf, and now I'll be heading over to J. Crew for the gingham dress because that could be a great fall uniform. The eclipse was not for me this time. I am blind enough and there's no way I was going to burn my retinas. I am also old enough to have already seen a spectacular one in the 90s! xox

R's Rue said...

Great picks.

Crazy Wonderful said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! I need you to pull my house AND my closet together. Love the looks you pulled together!

René said...

Love all of your style picks & actually have a few of them myself. Great minds! ;)

Back to Top