BOULDER #FIELDCOURT BEFORE AND AFTER PART 2

Kitchens.....the hub of the home.  Probably the one space that can help sell a house right?  So it makes sense that you would invest the most thought [and probably money]  in this part of a remodel.

Some facts we considered when designing this kitchen.  
**Once we took the closet wall down it would be visible from the foyer.....
**Adding the black and white cement tile created the WOW factor!
**Open up the space [taking part of the wall down] for easy entertaining.
**Creating hubs....butlers pantry and prep station.....to allow for more "cooks" in the kitchen.

Here is the original real estate shot when the house was on the market.
Before

Such a light bright space....

Most are real estate shots as I left before it was totally finished.  You know I am not happy about that!



After
The awesome backsplash from  Cement Tile Shop!
Before

After

Here you can the wall was opened up and the fridge was moved to make room for a small butlers pantry.









After

The prep station has a butcher block top and a place to put pots and pans......only pretty ones:)


Using my favorite Grohe faucet!

To help warm up the space the island was wrapped in white pine...

We were influenced by the fact that easier entertaining could be managed by not putting a sink or cooktop in the island.

This shows the small dining area in reference to the kitchen...

Moving on....the hall bath

After

And my cheap DIY art....
Ikea frame and pretty paper!

Real Estate shot.


Bonus room bath before


Before I left....so you can see the floor!

Real Estate shot.

This is the bonus room over the garage...




The back hallway leading up to the bonus room. Kind of digging how this Cole and Sons tree wallpaper looks in this space!

Laundry Room before


After


The master bath before

Before I left



Shower before

Shower after

Real Estate shot.   And those lights were turned horizontally after these shots:)


Small powder room where you see the wallpaper sample.....

It wasn't finished but love this Schumacher wallpaper.....you can see the black and white theme throughout!

And to the left of this bathroom is a TV/Den
Sectional and coffee table from World Market, chair and floor lamp from Target





I just got a hold of some after outside pictures from the listing.

This is before landscaping but first coat of paint.

The color is BM Wrought Iron.....it looks green in some shots


So glad we decided to paint the entrance white!



Back yard before
After

This house is right on the golf course!

And...that is a wrap.  

Things to remember.  Really only 2 walls [kitchen and foyer] were removed in the whole house!  It was pretty much cosmetic with most of the labor concentrated in the kitchen and master bath. 

It's officially for sale now.  By the way the house I went out there to stage a few weeks ago sold already!  It's a hot market in Boulder.

What are y'all up to this weekend?  I've got 2 deliveries today and then I plan on hitting the booze pretty hard after that..... hee haw

Sherikaout












16 comments

Chris said...

Can I just say what is it about real estate shots ?? Great job on the house. Love you r blog.

Niki McNeill said...

Sherri I love everything about this makeover! You are the master of black & white.

Anonymous said...

Great makeover - love how it opened up the space! But I would most likely have sensory overload staring at the black and white cement tile for too long and probably would be sha-puking in the sauce I was stirring! Perhaps if it had been scaled down and not the entire wall....

Anonymous said...

I love your style! I am crazy about cement tile, but I'm worried it will look dated quickly. Or is it somewhat classic? I'm dying to use it in my bathroom remodel.

Kathysue said...

AMAZING!! Beautifully designed and staged!! All the right touches!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You killed it!


Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

Sherry,
You hit another one out of the park! Love all the black and white and removal of the walls. Your relative is lucky to have such a talented designer like you in the family.

Please tell me you'll do the ORC next round? It's not the same six weeks with you not participating. I personally think you should be grandfathered​ in on the ORC.

Have a fab long weekend! Bottoms up!

Betsy Gordon

R. Nelson said...

You're the best. Was looking forward to this post and enjoyed it very much. Cheers to you. Happy weekend.

idees deco said...

I really want to create same as this kind of excellent and stunning. idées déco | décoration tendances 2017

debbie said...

Love it👏👏👏👏👏, it all looks so terrific!

Mary Deckert said...

The house looks amazing!
Can you tell me where you got the paper you framed? Looks great and I need to save some money on art!

Michael said...

Woah, thanks for the inspiration. We are just rebuilding our kitchen!

Kitchen Bath said...

What a beautiful kitchen. It is so elegant, I love it!

Gail Storti said...

Beautiful job, Sherry! I love it all. I’m sure it will sell fast!

Anna said...


I can not believe how wonderfully the house has been renovated, congratulations.

Bàn ghế sắt sân vườn said...

Woa, so amazing!!. Thank you so much for your helpful tips.. I think I will do something likes your direction.

Back to Top