PROJECT UPDATE






I posted a while back about a new Ladisic Fine Homes project I am working on and I have some updates for you today!

First of all I am glad you enjoyed the HGTV Dream Home pictures!  Brian did a great job.....I have never officially met him but he is dang funny. I am sure if we did meet he would look at me and say are you Sherry's Mom?  Ha Ha he probably has no idea I am old as dirt [especially in the design world]

OK....back to pretty things.  Let's start with the son's room [he is 4 years old]


The pinstripe will be curtains with the blue trim. The bed is gray and the geometric [Jonathan Adler for Kravet] will be pillows.


Navy wall and light fixture.


His bathroom vanity is painted SW Roycroft Pewter.

In the master bedroom we are using Bernhardt Interiors Cooper Wing Bed



And these Bernhardt Criteria nightstands


The curtains will be white with the Samuel and Son's trim.
  

The bed is upholstered in the light color with a bench out of the lower fabric.

The dark blue on the left is a chaise.....one of my favorite styles from Lee Industries


Here is a shot of the master bath using white quartz for the countertops and the Kohler Pinstripe fixtures.


Hi neighbor.  Why big windows with a tub..... just to cover it up with curtains?  I am constantly having to deal with this!

We painted the walls in the bedroom and bath SW Snowbound.  What a pretty white!

The hood was installed!



SW Roycroft Pewter on the island [BM White Dove on everything else] and quartzite countertops



The whole butlers pantry is also painted SW Roycroft Pewter and dang this Circa Lighting chandelier is pretty darn awesome!




Great Hudson Valley light fixture in the office!

The clubroom.....SW Urbane Bronze

Family room


The other day I met up with my friend Erica Ward at The Mart...we were both looking for some things for clients.

I was looking for rugs and found this beauty at Loloi from the Elixir Collection

It's not cheap but what a statement rug!

We also saw this strippable York wallpaper being hung....

Both of us stopped dead it was so pretty!

Erica has a great E-Book about how to address those 2 story windows [free to download] on her website so if you have been struggling hop over and take a look!

AND.....if you are hankering to hear me blab about decor....I had fun hanging out with the "Ballard girls" as we talked decorating, husbands and bookshelves [while we guzzled sipped Prosecco] on the "How To Decorate" podcast:)

16 days until Christmas....still no wreath up but I did haul a bunch of greenery home the other day from somebodies trash:)

Thinking some mantel decor is in my future. 

Picked these bulbs up at the Kroger.


Whew.....exhausting:)

Shasizzle









12 comments

Anonymous said...

I love every single thing about this house. Looks like excellent craftsmanship and your finish choices are perfection! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! What material is the counter surface in the butler's pantry? Sweet bedroom for a 4-year-old.

beyondbeige said...

My Gawd Shaznizzle,
I really can't take any more loveliness. Okay, I am lying. Keep it coming.

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, What a fabulous project this is shaping up to be! I'm in love with vent hood in the kitchen but all of your choices are amazing!

Kathysue said...

Sherry this is so handsome!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

We just did a bathroom addition with the tub in a windowed alcove with a transom across the top. I had drapes made to frame the window but knew there was no way I was going to drag them back and forth across the back of the tub each day so I ended up getting top down/bottom up cellulose shades installed after I figured out the plantation shutters I'd planned wouldn't open because the tub was too close to the window for them to function (ugh). I'm not a big fan of cellulose shades, but the top down feature allows me to push them all the way down and then they are at least hidden behind the tub. The alcoved tub is such a beautiful design, but not particularly practical.

Unknown said...

Can you share the brand/style of the lighting fixture in the kids room? I so want that for my own bedroom :) Thanks!

Scribbler said...

You live in Atlanta, I live in Birmingham. The weather is about the same. The reason we put a ceiling fan in the kitchen area is because it gets UNBEARABLY hot when both ovens and the gas cooktop are in use.

therelishedroost said...

Lucky son! I almost did that bed in my room!! I love simple white dove cabinetry that hood is wonderful!
K

Dawn H. said...

Good morning Sherry!
I love getting your blog posts and realized this morning that I was a couple posts behind, thus why I am now commenting. I cannot wait to see the final pictures of this home -- it is already stunning! In the image of the fabrics you chose for the master bedroom, would you mind sharing the source of the graphic raised velvet you are using on the bench? I just had two club chairs reupholstered in a similar fabric as the one you chose for the bed, and I have been searching for a coordinating fabric for throw pillows. I would love to have pillows made out of this fabric! Many thanks! And, thank you for your entertaining and insightful blog -- makes me smile!
Dawn

Kristi said...

Wow! What more can I say! This is going to be great when finished. What kind of window treatments are you going to install?

MJ said...

Can you share the details of your range hood and where you got it? It’s beautiful!

Back to Top