BEFORE AND AFTER





I am up pretty early this morning [let's just say the birds are still asleep!] as I am heading out of town, but I wanted to show you some before and afters on how I  repurposed some furniture and rugs in my clients house.

I have mentioned before this renovation took a year...... a total gut job where the lower level which was previously unfinished.... became a gym, a sitting area, another family room, a guest room [with full bath] an office and 1/2 bath!

I know....wow right!  

We decided early on to reuse her previous family room furniture in the lower level along with a few of her traditional rugs.  I went over to her rental and took pictures of all her existing furniture so we could decide which room we would be using it in.  

Move in was last Wednesday and I have been there practically every day helping to get her unpacked and working on bookcases [which will definitely need some tweaking!].

So maybe I will shut up and show you huh?

Lower level sitting room...


After staining...


The rug we decided to use in this area.....
It has a black background and was in the old family room....
These wing chairs were used in her old living room

And this was also used in the old family room.

After

The old ottoman had tufting and I took that out!


The wing chairs were recovered with a black/gray nubby fabric.

This rug was used in her old living room.


Old sofa

Chairs

Old kitchen table

Now....
The sofa was recovered in a Ralph Lauren performance fabric [black and white ticking]

I used the kitchen table behind it as a console

Here are the chairs recovered in another performance fabric....
Don't start hating.....I am working on this gallery wall and still have a few pieces at the framers.

We used a few dining room chairs as extra seating.

The TV wall

These people read a lot......I'm not kidding.  I had enough books to fill 3 huge bookcases with leftovers.

Still working on the accessories...just wanted to get stuff up since she was having company this weekend.


We decided to use all of the color down here and the upstairs will be mostly neutrals.  Can't wait to get it all tweaked and photo ready:)

OK.....gotta finish packing but I will hopefully have more on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Foot update:  Not worse.....which is a good thing right?  Honestly when I have the Fitflops on there is no pain at all so cute shoes are still "no bueno"

Poop.

Sherika










12 comments

whalingcitycottage said...

This is so inspiring. Small changes make a big impact. I love the black and white ticking on the sofa!

Nancy@ThatTechChick said...

Love the sofa as well!

I guess I'm in the minority--having lived through planter fasciitis too, I wondered why I waited so long to get a cortisone shot. I tried the stretching, the boot, and still was miserable for weeks. The shot was not that bad and it really did the trick.

Happy Friday,
Nancy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

The staining and sconces look GREAT. Love how the ottoman and fabrics give new life!

debra @ 5th and state said...

just had to tell you sherry how grateful i am for you. whenever i see a post in my inbox i always know there is a TON of good stuff coming! enjoy your travels
debra

Donna C. said...

Love, love, love how you demonstrate how to repurpose and think outside the box in all of your design projects! I adore color and the staining on the bookcase wall and coordinating floors is the icing on the cake! You are oh so very talented!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all of it! WANT all of it!! Such a great job reusing things. Those old pieces are sparkling once again. As far as the foot double OUCH!!! I had it 2 summers ago. Had the shot that fall. Did nothing for the pain. I will Never EVER get a shot again. I started wearing "sensible" shoes and doing stretches for my achilles tendon. Finally went away. So I start off this summer by falling and now have a bone chip in my foot!
Holy Wow talk about hurt!!! NO cute sandals for me either this summer :(
Hang in there!
#dontgettheshot
Betsy

Chris said...

I've always loved your blog, but haven't been checking it as much lately since it's not loading for some reason. I hate technical stuff. Anyway, saw you are struggling with your foot. I swear by Vionic Orthaheel flip flops. I cured my pf several years ago. I never, ever, ever go barefoot. I wear cute shoes out and about and slip these on when I walk in the house. They may hurt a bit at first but you get used to the arch, and they feel amazing. I even have slippers for winter. They won't win any style contests, but they've saved my feet. And yoga helps too. Good luck! The shot sounds horrible!

RWC said...

Everything is thoughtfully done and beautiful but I think my favorite aspect are the dining room chairs that were repurposed for extra seating.

michele said...

love how you breathed so much new life into these pieces, sherry. the builtins are incredible and so inspiring to see the steps involved! thanks for sharing so much goodness. xox

Nicole said...

Love the reupholstering you did. Would you mind sharing what performance fabric you used on that chair? I'm wanting to reupholster 2 tufted wingback chairs in either a Sunbrella type fabric or a performance fabric as I have 5 kids!

cindy hattersley design said...

I am using that same Ralph Lauren stripe for a client in brown. It is nice to see it on a piece of furniture! This is such a great post. You truly show how you can take what you have and make it fabulous!! On the fitflops...they have some cute ones now...have you checked out their new line?

Unknown said...

The room looks great with the reupholstering/repurposing of furniture. I would love to the know the source of the beautiful gray stain you chose for the built-in?

Thank you, Kathy

Back to Top