PROJECT UPDATE....GETTING TO THE GOOD PART!





I've started planning for the interior design on this large renovation I've been working on all year.

In the past I would have said "this is the fun part" but come to find out I enjoy all the work that leads up to this.....plumbing fixtures, lighting, flooring.....paint colors!  Maybe it is just the process of starting from scratch that is alluring:)

Anyway I've got so many rooms to put together and the theme is mostly blues.

In the family room which of course we added planking.....

From this....

To this.....

The whole house except for the MBR is painted BM White Dove.

We are doing a large Charles Stewart sectional custom made for the space....

Here are the fabrics....
The sofa in the oat color is a Crypton which is the latest in performance fabrics.  The Schumacher Katsugi has always been a favorite and I pared it with Schumacher Izmir Stripe for pillows with a solid navy velvet for texture.

Some pretty white sheer linen for curtains.  In the kitchen we are using these Vanguard barstools in a white performance fabric....

 
In the master bedroom we used BM Yarmouth Blue.....


We tried a lot of blues and this one was perfect!

We started with Schumacher Pearl River....for pillows on the bed with white linens....

2 small blue chairs and the white wool curtains with the Lee Jofa trim.....along with this wool rug.



In other updates around the house I love this black and white tile.....and the crystal knobs from Emtek mimic the flowers on the floor.


The indoor/outdoor carpet went in...and it is incredible....would never know it was performance goods!

And some pretty Emtek door knobs.....


This is just scratching the surface.....I am up to my eyeballs in fabrics.....what is going where.  

It will take me forever to write all this up for the workroom!  Don't get me wrong I am not complaining.....this is FUN!

I leave for Boulder on July 1st [that is if I don't get picked for jury duty on the 29th....grrrrrr] to stage that project and I am beyond excited about this one!

69 more days of summer.....I could actually use a little break from this humidity.....my hair needs it's own zip code.

Shayfrizz






11 comments

Anonymous said...

What a joy for me to see the furniture that you are using are by family owned companies in Hickory NC. As usual, your fabric and color selections are inspiring. That family has to be overjoyed with all you've accomplished in their home. Like others must be, I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Mary said...

The blue trim for the white drapes is stunning. I sew my own drapes & always went with patterned fabrics in the past. Now I'm leaning towards solids with a pretty trim.

Anonymous said...

Love the wool rug. Can you please share source.? Thanks.

Kathysue said...

Every element is beautiful Sherry, you do amazing work,
Kathysue

dijoknows said...

You make each decision seem so elementary -right on the cusp of everything modern but not over the top -- traditional yet definitely not stuffy ... pretty much perfection.

La Dolfina said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see the reveal! That guy in Boulder was brilliant to hire you:) Go Buffs!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all of your choices. Great luck getting out of jury duty and getting to CO. It's been very warm here lately. Can you please share the blue and cream wool rug source? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I would also love the source for the wool rug? Beautiful project so far!

taylorgreenwalt@gmail.com said...

Hi Sheri...everything looks so good...love all the choices! I've had such a hard time blogging since my sons accident...hopefully I can return soon!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

T.A.L.E.N.T. THANKS FOR THE SOURCES AND ENTHUSIASM.

Serviced Apartments Lady said...

I love how much work and effort you've put into every detail, right down to the doorknob!

Back to Top