ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 5




I don't even remember where we left off.  Who am I....what's my name....where do I live.  

I usually think God knows what's best for you so he tapped me on the shoulder to say "leave the One Room Challenge alone this time" because your plate is full.  Linda did you know something I didn't:)

Did I listen.....of course not.  It appears that I need more than a tap..... like a punch in the face, a poke in my eyes, and heavy stomping on my feet.

I did not have time to go to the "bunny hutch this week as I just got back from Boulder yesterday afternoon.  I have to rely on my sisters update pictures that she sent to me and since these are "1st world problems"....I know you guys will cut me some slack.

Pretty please....

I wish I had some perfectly staged styling pics for you but we are going "old school" today with plain old update shots:)

The wallpaper is up.




I think it's just enough pattern and color


The wing chair is back and how classic is this?  Since her kids are gone I know Bunny is not going to live here much longer and I think she could use this anywhere!


The basket I ordered on Overstock arrived.


She installed the knobs and pulls from Ikea.....big difference!
 

These end tables from Pottery Barn.....are so good y'all.  

With the lamps....yikes...note to self NEED LAMPSHADES.

The curtain fabric and trim arrived and is being fabricated.


I told her to make some art.....


The stark fabric is here and I will be begging to have these pillows made ASAP.


The scary part is I have to take the final shots this weekend because next week will be the HB Kitchen Of The Year install.  I wish I had a professional photographer so I wouldn't have to take 8000 pictures to maybe get 10 good shots:(

Do you realize it's Thursday?  Holy s#*t people.

A huge thanks to Bunny for expediting all of this since I am in the weeds.....love ya sis:)

Shawingingit









20 comments

Vel Criste said...

I LOVE THAT WALLPAPER!!!! Makes me want to put that one up somewhere in my home! This room is already looking absolutely fabulous, so I can't wait until next week! Almost there - CHEERS!

Dotti said...

I never ever make comments..........just love stalking your posts. But this room is really making me come out of the shadows. Love everything you do, and your comments are the best. You are a bright star that zooms past and then is out of sight until the next streak.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

This is so great! Love that your sister can provide the art!

J A Graff Design said...

"I told her to make art" and what? Holy bejeezus is your sister good at art! Love the way the room is coming together. Naturally, I love everything you do because it's neutrals and tons of texture. You blow my socks off.

Judy G.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the chair and the trim and the art and the ikea. Oh...it's all so good. I can't wait for the final reveal.

Nancy @ Slightly Coastal

Carol @ CAD INTERIORS said...

Your writing style almost overshadowed all the goodies that have gone into this room! I love it! Excited for next week's reveal. :)

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Love so much about this space already! That wallpaper is SO good!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

It looks fabulous!

Renae Moore said...

As always, great job! I LOVE the wallpaper and buffalo checks are so classic! Did some for a client 10+ years ago and they're still perfect! Yes...and the art...great job 'Bunny'!

Debra said...

Everything you touch is maaaarvelous. I'm way more excited to see this linked participant's final reveal!

Unknown said...

You're amazing, so talented and truly an inspiration Sherry. I love
Everything you do and so glad you're getting the props you deserve I.e. HBKOTY!! So proud of you and your accomplishments! Xoxox

Unknown said...

This is SO.GOOD. so you, so chic. Just love watching you!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You are apologizing yet I am hanging onto every picture and loving all the details?!!!! And making me laugh all the way. You are just a joy Sherry and your designs are always amazing. I can't believe how you do the high-low thing, it's so inspiring! I can't wait to see this all come together and also your HB project!!!

Tiffany said...

Omg, I love that wallpaper with the fabrics. I'm really looking forward to the reveal...and to resting.

Vanessa@Decor Happy said...

Love the wallpaper and the art she did - talent must run in the family. Can't wait to see this!

Decor To Adore said...

Sherry I adore the wallpaper and I can’t wait for the reveal! I love the direction the space is going in. As a fellow ORC participant it’s been wonderful to gather some fantastic inspiration. I’d love for you to share your progress at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Our readers would love to see it. The gathering is at http://www.decortoadore.net

Anonymous said...

What a lovely collection of items for your sister's room! You never fail to surprise all with your grasp of new trends -- even the short skirt on the wing chair. I had no idea about that at all. Your design acumen leaves most in the dust.
Congratulations on the House Beautiful nod.

designchic said...

The wallpaper is amazing and I love all of your fabric choices! Happy weekend...

The enchanted home said...

Awesome!! Loving it so far and cannot wait for the final reveal..woo hoo. Happy Mothers Day!

Brenda said...

ORC wouldn't be the same without you 'Shawingingit'. Looking forward to the reveal.

Back to Top