HOUSE BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN OF THE YEAR 2016




Last weekend was the reveal of the HB Kitchen Of The Year.  The incredibly talented Matthew Quinn designed a kitchen that dreams are made of.

I'm not kidding....and to even think that I was involved at all is totally humbling.  I owe this honor to Michael and Matthew who pushed for my participation....love you both so much!

I don't even know where to start....the install, the last minute craziness....the party with a late night dinner.....2 days of meeting so many hardworking people who helped pull it off....it was an experience that won't be forgotten.


I had to show you this first.....cause it made me all giddy inside:)

Here are some of the awesome images from HB Instagram.  Shot by Emily Followill and styled by the adorable Ginny Branch


Let's start with the high gloss ceiling in FB Oval Room Blue.  Kapow! The light fixtures are from Hudson Valley....that Lewis Chandelier is my new favorite!
The custom banquet was constructed by Bjork Studio.  Custom table by Grothouse Lumber and chairs are from Kate Spade

  


The trim color and walls are FB Cornforth White

Shot by me from my iphone

 The beautiful pantry doors....
 This awesome tile from AKDO in Matthews signature color used with stainless steel racks from the Container  Store......
 The faucet is by Grohe and you can turn it on by putting your foot under the toe kick of the cabinets! Custom Pulls are from the Matthew Quinn Collection.  The countertops are by Caesarstone  . I have been trying to decide about some new countertops and I love this one....honed Statuario Nuvo.

From Matthew Quinns Instagram





What about this tile used in the bar area from AKDO hot off the press and used for the first time!  Hubba Hubba:)

Shot by my iphone

Love this small niche in the bar with this gorgeous pottery from Dixon Rye a new home store in Atlanta.

There is more to share but I'll leave it here for now.  Look for the spread in the October issue of House Beautiful.  

I haven't even had time to breath after finishing up the ORC on Monday....editing the pictures and writing the post, then right to installing the HB project Tuesday thru Friday.  

Whew..... 

This girl is tired!  One of the best things is there was NO humidity this weekend so I had some great hair days.  #itsthelittlethings

Back to work now.....

Shaluckygirl







15 comments

LyndaKerry said...

I see why it is kitchen of the year!

Vel Criste said...

Again, you so deserve this Sherry and more! I am so glad I discovered your talent before you become super famous!!! Congrats again, and this kitchen, definitely one for the books! I love my ceasarstone countertops so much that I wish I never placed marble on my island, a real pain to maintain. When the time comes, I will change my island to ceasarstone too!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Congratulations! This is fabulous! I love it.

Tricia said...

WoW! What a gorgeous kitchen! If I had a pantry like that I could die and go to heaven. Or maybe just be happy to cook dinner! Congrats!

Mary said...

Just seeing the pictures makes me feel sad about my old kitchen. I can't imagine what actually being in the space would do to me.
Congrats on a beautiful job, Sherry. Please take a moment to be proud of yourself.

Jessie said...

Congratulations! Such a fabulous kitchen! The gorgeous marble tile with gold accent is THE BOMB!!

Lussi said...

Wow it's fabulous! I love these gold elements:-) Lovely!

Matthew Quinn said...

Sherry, I could not have done this WITHOUT you! You rolled with the chaos, are uber talented and so much fun. I look forward to more collaborations with you. OXOX

Anonymous said...

Stephanie said....

Congratulations Sherry! This kitchen is beautiful...I'm looking forward to seeing this in the October issue of HB. (I think I know what countertops are in my future!)

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry,
This is over-the-top beautiful! Congratulations! So well-deserved!
xo
Holly

Susan Tucker said...

Sherry, I mean #SHAFABULOUS!!!,

Before you know it you are going to have your own Design Show!!!!! I am soo proud, excited and happy for you!
This is MAJE girl...Stunning Kitchen, oh my.. I luv the tile with the gold accent took my breath away~Be proud of yourself, take a minute to breath.. Thank you for sharing.. We all love your Design Esthetic, writing skills, etc etc

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Love your work and your blog :)

brenda murphy said...

You deserve this, congratulations!!! I am a picky girl when it comes to kitchens as I spent most of my life in the restaurant business. This kitchen ticks off all of the boxes for a kitchen....great space planning, formal meets casual, glamour! and of course function. Yay!!!

diane said...

Stunning..well done! Love that bar tile, the mix of metals in the hardware, the hidden pantry behind those doors (who ever thought of tiling the pantry walls?!) the little round table and banquet in lieu of a breakfast bar and who doesn't love a touch of Kate Spade! Love my kitchen but love this one more! Enjoy the accolades and success. :)

michele said...

holy cramp, sherry. this is an unbelievably gorgeous and luxe kitchen you did. that integrated banquette has me wondering whether i should just do that with our breakfast bar in the fixer upper. feels so special, like restaurant dining, yes? and the tile. i haven't said butter my biscuit in 5 years...butter my biscuit, child. y o u m a k e d e s i g n so s e x y.

peace.

Back to Top