A LITTLE BEFORE AND AFTER




Before we get to design I gotta tell you how disabled I am.  If you know me then you know that because of my genetics [meaning I was not born with the gene that lets me eat whatever I want without gaining weight] I have been working out on a regular basis since I was in my 20's.

Yes....that is a long time.  Recently over the holidays I had a nasty cold and missed working out for about 2 weeks.  I felt like a slug and in my experience it's easy to let that become a month and well you know....it could get ugly fast.

So....on Wednesday I drug myself to Orange Theory [a new WO with a stupid name in my opinion].

You are probably scratching your head but in a nutshell it is kind of a hybrid circuit/crossfit type class.

One hour of hell.  Anyway....the point of all this is to say that we really targeted that little muscle called a tricep and people.....I can not lift my arms past my ears.  They feel like a 100 buffalo trampled them.  Oh sweet Jesus.

 As you know we use our arms a lot during the day which right now is causing my face to twist into something resembling a women in childbirth.

Gah.

Enough complaining.....

My client said he needed a small narrow bench near a window so his cat could sunbath in comfort.


I also had to put a side table with a lamp there so you can see it was gonna be tight.

I started searching and stumbled across this bench at HomeGoods.

Hmmmm.....right size but just not special enough.
No problem cause I had an easy fix.

With about a yard left over from making the pillows I took it to my upholster to work some magic for me.



Perfect....here kitty kitty....


A few nail heads to class it up and make it look more custom.


Just a little lesson in thinking outside the box.

I am back off to the mart today...visual overload....which I will share with you next week.

Have a big ole fat weekend.

Shaysore




24 comments

Dana Frieling said...

Purrrfection!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Great solution… in one of my favorite fabrics ever! Love it!! Hope your arms are on the mend ;)

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

Perfect! Love how quickly you put that together!

Carrie said...

You crack me up! Brilliant solution for the bench.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Perfect solution! I love the oversized nailheads.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I need this fabric! Can you tell me the name and where I can find it? Thanks for the inspiration!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the bench, what a perfect find and the fabric is gorgeous.

Thehouseofhampton said...

I wish I was a cat. I could sit on that bench all day! The pillows, love them too.
Ugh, one lucky client. I have heard of Orange Works and the name throws me...what were they thinking???
Sharon
www.thehouseofhampton.com

Vel Criste said...

LUCKY CAT!! Love the fabric you chose and hope your feeling a bit better each day!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

We just got one of those Orange things down the street - I was wondering about it. Very interesting. And by the way, thanks for the bench inspiration, I was just tasked with finding one yesterday.

Jessie said...

Such a great idea! You turned the ordinary into extraordinary!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Ashley said...

I LOVE me some orange theory- just keep with it. I've lost over 12 lbs in two months without changing much else. Agreed- name is not-so-great, but fitting in pre-baby (ahemnowtoddlerahem) jeans is pretty fab.

kate said...

Please do share where the fabric is from! I LOVE IT, and that bench sure is pretty special. I want it.

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I have eyed that exact bench a thousand times in my HG and I just never pulled the trigger bc it seemed kinda blah. Now I MUST have one!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the big nail head trim!!

Natalie said...

Love that fabric! Can you tell me the name of it? It would be perfect in our living room! The bench turned out beautiful! I would have never thought to cover it.
Nataliegessell@gmail.com

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Brilliance.

Unknown said...

Supurrrrb. Love a client who wants you to address the lifestyle needs of the cat. Good egg!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Love the bench, Sherry! Great solution!
xo
Holly

cindy hattersley design said...

My husband always says I can take something cheap and make it expensive real fast! Me thinks tnat is what you did! I love it!

Anonymous said...

My dog is jealous.

shirley said...

Awesome job! I'm sure kitty will love it..

Unknown said...

Wow! A simple little bench turns magnificent with your creative touch! Love the fabric on the bench with the larger nail heads. Such a great look, Sherry. Bravo! Lucky little kitty.

Have a great weekend!
Judy G.

Stacy said...

Side table. Stacymurdock@gmail*com

Back to Top