THIS AND THAT




I just got back from my biannual cleaning at the condo.  People.....this..... is getting so old.  

Now it might sound like I am complaining.....and some of you would  say.....WTH Sherry small price to pay right.  Well I am here to tell you this......I would rather just go down there and rent so I could relax like a normal person.

I can never be there without knowing there are kitchen cabinets to clean out and bedding to wash.....blah blah blah.


This time around it was just me and Patchy and she was pretty bored on the 5 1/2 car ride.  I had 11 hours of Christmas music to make my eyes bleed.....

But this was her treat....she loves her some beach time even though it was dang cold!

On to more important things.....I am having some family stay with me for Thanksgiving.  That's great right?  Well I am here today with a confession about a bedroom that got a little out of control.

One might give it the name "hoarding room" if one could admit that.


This is actually after most of it was removed....



 I took everything out. And organized it into "like items".

Which is a good thing right? 

Keeping it real....on new levels.


 Not really because it is all over the house.

The room is now clean and semi ready for company.  The bad part is I have already started redecorating it in my mind....more on that later.

And I keep staring at the piles.... trying to figure out where to put, what to sell, what to donate and I am frozen.

I have until Tuesday to figure this out and it is making my head itch.  I need someone to slap the crap out of me.

Any volunteers?

I came home to a copy of this great book that my friend Cyndy from The Creativity Exchange wrote.


How appropriate huh?  It was like she knew I needed help....

Before I left I was helping Sudi design pillows for the January show at America's Mart.

That was way more fun than cleaning out that bedroom.  Just saying.



I delivered these to a job site....

 And because I posted about that pineapple wallpaper I had to pop over to ADAC and take a look.....another more important thing that came before going through all those piles.






I secured a little sample and found out it comes in a "petite" version

Call me crazy....but I kind of like this bug wallpaper....

I also strolled into Schumacher to see one of the other color ways of my beloved Pyne Hollyhock paper up.


This is a new pattern from them.

It's called Boughton House

Beautiful huh?

It reminds me of that House Beautiful cover using the Bowood print by Colefax and Fowler.

I love how it was used over and over again for impact.

See how I worked my way from cleaning a condo to something pretty....I can be clever like that:)

Friday's are the semi start of the weekend....you can knock off early today.  

On me.

Shaboom.....


25 comments

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

Hi Patches!!!!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!

Pura Vida said...

wow that is a big pile of stuff

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my gosh, my guest room looked exactly the same and I took a full SUV to donate - it feels so good!! Bad news, I still have those same piles and need a plan! Thanks for the pretty pillow fix!

Unknown said...

Love that Buggie wallpaper and of course, your pup! Your condo turned out beautifully and I wish you luck with the company. Happy Thanksgiving! xo Nancy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the guest room, it looks great now. I would love to be closer to pick from your cast offs.

Kathysue said...

Omgosh you and I were doing somewhat the same thing. Yesterday I bit the bullet and dove into my closet to take out the summer and put in the winter, The impetus was get rid of some boxes that had migrated to the guest room. Of course in doing this I have some little orphans that I have no idea where the heck I am going to put them. HO-HUM!! It's a dilema, and a news flash, Hubby thinks I have too much stuff!! NO KIDDING!!! Happy Friday,
Kathysue

Allison said...

You make me feel normal! The last few months goodwill has been the sole beneficiary of some really good stuff! I am looking forward to clean closets and streamlined, serene decor! Happy Thanksgiving!

Karena said...

Organizing, my nemesis, and others make it looks so easy! Yes I would much rather design pillows, seek artwork and gorgeous wallpapers!

Patches is so adorable, cannot get enough of him!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So glad to see someone else has stuff to clean out. You can do it!

therelishedroost said...

I just love the Pyne Hollyhock one of my favorites!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

YOU are definitely CLEVER!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Hi Sherry! Love your guest room! Did you know the tv decorator used the pineapple wallpaper in her entry in the large size.... google it -- it was AWESOME@@

A Perfect Gray said...

I have a spare bedroom upstairs that I put EVERYTHING in. I refuse to call it a junk room, tho. I prefer "Resource Center."

Try calling yours by that phrase. I can guarantee it mqkes you feel better about hoarding all that $h!T.

xoxo donna

Sherri Ernst said...

Oh, man! I wish I lived closer! I'd come take all those treasures off your hands! :)

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Now don't you feel better that your guest room is all clean and ready........you did it girl!
xo
Holly

designchic said...

Oh, we need that book! Doesn't it feel so good to get the room all together. Just love how it turned out, but I always feel the need for something new and different. Want an organizer for Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Can you please share the fabric source for the gray ikat pillow that you delivered to a job site? It's exactly what I've been looking for!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I love how you listened to Christmas music! If I had a guest room.....mine would be the same!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love the floral fabrics...so pretty!

leviheart said...

In Love with the bug paper! Great job. I also want one of those chairs you have in the guest room with the low cane back. Where did you find that?

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I'm cracking up at the Anonymous comment a couple above mine calling for a boycott of American women. Everyone needs a soapbox, eh? Lol. Have a great weekend!

tanyaj said...

i love your blog but why does it shake now. that scroll on the right shakes and its soooo distracting.

michele said...

oh the pooch on the white sand, sherry. please please, more images to make my heart sing. just gorgeousness. and i'm right there with you with the 'collecting at a distance' as i gently drop objects i may or may not want in a guest room purgatorium (i think i made that up just now). it's embarrassing, and here you are exploiting the h out of that bad habit and like a felon, making it entertaining. keep that up, sista. may u never really achieve balance (there is no such thing!) and may u always remind us of the beauty in life's messy. peace to you right where you are.

René said...

Sherry, if you ever need to get rid of stuff, you know it is always welcome here. You still my address right? Sweet Patches :)

leviheart said...

Obsessing over that black cane chair. Please share info?

Back to Top