SCOTT'S AND MORE




Thanks so much for all of your amazing comments on that bathroom.  You know how to make a gal feel good!

There were a few questions so I thought I would answer them here.

"Is there a sink in the separate toilet area?"  Yes there is.  Not sure why I didn't get a picture of it.

"What is under the vase of flowers" [you guys are observant!].  
I got it at HomeGoods.  It's a piece of petrified wood.

"What is that small niche in the shower?"
It's a place to put her foot while shaving her legs!

"Give me some details about the tile"....I have to admit when we went looking at Floor and Decor I thought since it was such a small bathroom we would just stick with 2 selections.  The "wood" floor tile was the first one we selected because I am sure you will never know when it is dirty:)

We selected the shower tile next and then spotted  the glass tiles and I thought it would frame the tub nicely.  Paint would have done the same thing but the tile added more interest.  

Another factor was that I like a mix of shiny and dull.  Think about the reclaimed wood against the shiny mirrors and then with the countertops being kind of in the middle.

The soaking tub was the first thing picked and the whole room then designed around it.  Before the sledgehammer swung.....everything had been ordered and was sitting in the garage which made the renovation proceed smoothly.

Now on to Scott's.  I took a quick trip down there on Friday and to tell you the truth I had not been in about 2 months.

The minute I got there I realized why I love it so much.  

Cause where else can you see cute dogs in cribs?

And all of these wonderful things.

Like great fabrics.


And pillows....




My weakness....

And other things I don't need but wanted.

I'm not really a wreath person but I was digging this one.

Vintage green velvet chairs.

Beautiful rugs.


And these gorgeous pressed plants....
From Sweetgrass Botanicals.  Love.




I have some vintage ones I purchased about 15 years ago and I'm still crazy about them.

They used to be in my LR
And now they are in my guest room....


 Just one more thing.  

I went to get some lunch and ended up getting a soda and a chocolate chip cookie.  I don't know what came over me:)

Anyway I ran into a few people after that [one I knew] and Christy who works for Lacefield Designs.  When I got in my car I noticed had chocolate all over my face.

a. I can't believe my friend Mimi did not tell me.
b. What a great impression I must have made with Christy. 

Can I even be trusted to leave the house anymore?

 Shacrap




22 comments

A Perfect Gray said...

i spied that petrified wood in the first post and cried, 'I gotta have one just like that." so I am on the hunt.

you're killing me with the scotts's stuff. I haven't been back since I saw you there last year. I gotta do better...donna

StagerLinda said...

That niche for the foot while shaving in the shower is oh-so-clever! Love your trips to Scott's. Thanks for taking me along virtually. Oh Sherri, chocolate on the face is NOTHING. What about the pig-tail-black-chin-whisker that you only notice the day after a big event? (Errr....maybe it's just me.)

Cassie Bustamante said...

that wreath is perfection!!!! love it!

designchic said...

Loving the botanicals and when I saw all of the pillows, it had to be your post! So many great choices!

Dana Frieling said...

Girl, you think of everything! The shaving ledge is such a necessity. Thanks for the morning giggle, chocolate face. ;)

Anonymous said...

First off everything you touch is like magic, have been reading your blog awhile have only seen perfection and thank you for always making me laugh you are shaawesome!!!!!!Karen s

Jessie said...

Who would have thought of creating a shower niche for shaving legs? Very smart and original.

Great finds at Scott!

P/S: I am making over my guest bedroom, please join me for weekly updates if you like, Sherry!

http://www.mixandchic.com/2014/09/our-guest-bedroom-work-in-progress-part.html

René said...

I love that wreath too! Those botanicals had me like :*
One day I'll get there.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that wreath and I don't use them much either except at Christmas.

Kathysue said...

I am sorry I am laughing just visualizing you visiting with your wonderful exuberant personality and chocolate all over your face. Now back to your post, so fun loved the fabrics, pillows and the botanicals are amazing and what a great resource thank you for always inspiring and sharing your special finds,
Happy Tuesday,
Kathysue

Studio Yuko Jones said...

Love that piece of petrified wood. It adds such a nice texture to the space (I want!) Creating a shaving ledge in the shower is just amazing. And that wreath - ah perfection!! xx

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Ok, that little niche in the shower for putting your foot while shaving is the most genius thing ever! And I would not have left Scott's without that wreath - LOVE!

cindy hattersley design said...

That wreath is to die for...do they mail to CA? My door at the lake would love one!!

The Vintique Object said...

A niche to shave one's legs! Now that is inspired, Sherry.

Vel Criste said...

I love that wreath too and those botanicals, wishing I could go to Scotts someday. :-)

therelishedroost said...

Love those faded rugs and botanicals!! Wish that was by me!! Great bathroom too.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I'm planing a trip to Atlanta in spring to visit a friend and I'm hoping we can go to Scott's! I love the tile on the bathroom floor...it looks great!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That one will leave me laughing for quite some time. Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

As much as I love and appreciate your amazing eye, your 'realness' is what keeps me coming back for more. Thank you for sharing your attention to detail in design and also the realness of you. Both inspirational in so many ways!! Ya' know, every day needs some humor. Can't do without it. ;)

Judy G.

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

I'm in awe of anyone who would consider making a wreath of sand dollars and moss! Why doesn't my brain think that way? Thanks for taking me to Scott's again.. Someday, I'll do the real deal!

Professional Cleaners in Bromley said...

That's great! I love it! I like especially the pillows with leaves!!

Cindy said...

Haha ... chocolate on the face is a good look. Man Scott's has some yummy fabrics and rugs... and i love it that somebody's little doggie can come and hang out.

Cindy

Back to Top