THIS AND THAT




I have been making a few changes around the joint.....

WHAT?

Don't look at me like that...you know you do it all the time :)

I had this mirror hanging around [left over from a client install about a year ago] and decided to give it a coat of white paint and hang it in my black and white foyer.

  
I saw this picture a while back on Pinterest and that gave me the idea
Kind of makes me want to paint my front door white....

I got my mirror at Homegoods.....haven't really accessorized it yet....but I might keep it for a hot minute.

We have been at the beach all week and the weather has been incredible.  It can be hot in May but there were a couple of days where we turned off the AC....

If you follow me on Instagram then you saw that I fell while running.


This was after I cleaned it up.....Seriously one minute I was looking at blue sky and then I was pulling grass and dirt out of my mouth.  

I thought I had turned into a bird cause all of the sudden I was flying through the air....only I was trying to figure out the best way to land without losing all of my teeth.

I got up and finished that run.  #nopainnogain


I wasn't too injured to take a stroll down to the Tracery and drool over these awesome pillows.  2 of my favorite Schumacher fabrics.


I was also able to talk my friends into this picture.....#imprettyconvincing


Before I left....I was working on a couple of plans for a bachelor....


Last day in paradise and then back to reality....which I compare to the actual landing when I fell.....

Jump into the weekend....

Shaclutzy


20 comments

Cindy said...

I LOOUVE your black and white striped foyer. The mirror looks awesome, and yeah that white front door looks pretty great with it all. I do know that feeling in the middle of a free fall, when you think, how can i crash with as little damage as possible. Glad you're ok!

Cindy

Thehouseofhampton said...

Great idea switching things up. Truth be told, I do it all the time too. Excellent fabric choices for the bachelor project. Be sure to post pictures. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Sharon

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the mirror. Ouch! Can't you run without falling? :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Love the mirror. I have seen some very similar in "Boutiques" for hundreds! Great idea painting it white. It looks fresh and new ....especially in your black and white foyer!

Kathysue said...

Loving the crisp white mirror on the black and white, one of my fav, mirror styles! Sorry about the fall, be careful sweetie, you have lots of stuff to do!!
Enjoy your last day at the beach. I have my family room reveal up,Finally!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
xo Kathysue

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

That mirror looks fantastic in your entry. Enjoy your last day in paradise!

P.S. Can't believe you kept running...I would have been crying like a little girl.

Holly Gruszka said...

Love how those bachelor plans are coming together, and hopefully that boo-boo is healing up well. What a shame. Enjoy the rest of the time at the beach.

lisaroy said...

Ouch! That fall looks painful. Love that you still managed to check out pillows ;)
Your foyer looks amazing!

Acquired Objects said...

Your knee looks like it hurt and I hope it's feeling better. Lucky you to be in warmth, send some north please and enjoy the rest of your r&r.

xxx
Debra~

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Ouch! There is a reason I don't run.
I suppose its nothing two bandaids and a lollipop won't fix.

Love the mirror!

Donna-s Lair said...

Bactine where are you??? Couldn't' your face fit into that cute chihuahua at the bottom?
Pretty smashing mirror redeaux

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

Sherold! i love both of those mood boards for the bach. pad - they are giving me such a taste of where youre going and i love both. i bet this will be one for the books!

i am sorry about your knee. hope you had some beach fun tho!

Mona said...

Am able to keep up with you on facebook...but as I'm sure is the same for you...so little time to comment on blogs...sorry about your knee...and always loving your work. Have a great weekend. XO, Mona

michele said...

oh the pain!

loving these peeks of the bachelor's project...absolutely scrumptious. you're delightful and always make me feel joined in my muddling through, falling down, and emerging with sense of humor fully intact.

love that.

michele

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Love the new mirror. What a beauty~ Love all of the fabric picks too... very manly...

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

love that mirror where you put it! love your foyer! Holy crap woman, that was some fall! And that man is not going to be a bachelor for long when you get done decorating his place! love what you got goin on for his place!

Amy Vermillion Interiors said...

Love the new life for the mirror…looks amaze. As I said before exercise…you take your life in your hands--or feet. LOL!
Glad you had a nice week at the beach Sher.

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

Can't believe you found that mirror at HomeGoods-what a great find!

Abby M. Interiors said...

That mirror looks amazing in white. Genius!

René said...

Yes, I saw the awful knee. Hats off to you for sucking it up and finishing the run with turf in your teeth. And better yet for conning your friends into that awesome picture. Love the mirror!

Back to Top