SHOW HOUSE UPDATES





Stick a fork in me.....because we finished the Show House room yesterday.  Was it hard work....?  You bet your ass.  Am I proud of how it came together......damn straight.  Were their moments of insecurity and doubt....you betcha.

That being said I am so glad I left my comfort zone to venture into uncharted territory.

Giddy up.

Here is a picture taken from my iPhone yesterday....

Can you believe we put a Target vase in our room :)


It rained every day all day starting on Monday through Thursday. Can I get a "poor me".  Delivery of the furniture....50 zillion trips from my car to the room, wet....wet....wet.  Everyday was a bad hair day of epic proportion.  

It just wouldn't quit.  But then it did.  On Friday the sun came out....bet your bottom dollar it did.  Oh glorious sun.  Hot damn.

So many things went right and a few wrong.  After the room was painted we felt like we had to make a few changes.  It was dark....as in "waking up in a hotel room in the middle of the night dark".  

Again...before of the white ceiling.


  The Circa Basil light.


Our one window.  One.  

The changes were that we wanted more creams in the room especially starting with the rug.  We found this beauty.

From the 1940's.  Sullivan Fine Rugs [located at ADAC] graciously provided this beauty.  Mommie....I so love.


We changed our fabric to this from Schumacher [Pyne Hollyhock Print in charcoal] .  A little bit of a feminine touch to offset the harshness of the stone.
A cream sofa from Nicholson Gallery who were really supportive with other items including some great art work, small table and desk.
These gorgeous chairs from The Gables on Miami Circle.  Another  great Atlanta business.

These antique doors [The Gables] really helped to add warmth to the space.  Lori came up with a great way to hang them since they were too short and we could not just start nailing on them.....of course.



And then cue the sounding of a record scratching.  The curtains were hung.  OMG....NO.

I went against my usual [cream curtains always work] and thought some dark flax looking linen would work with the worst shinny puny ugly trim in the history of trims.

NFW......hate hate hate. This is Thursday.  THURSDAY people.
Call Sudi....beg....cry....threaten to throw myself off a tall building....please make me new ones.  This is a Show House...my first one.
I.
Can't.
Fail.

She does and has them ready on Sat at noon.  
She.
Is.
The.
Best.


The moral of the story....go with what you know works.  It's like having company and trying a new dish.  Bad bad idea.


Many changes happened over 5 days of putting the room together.
I will share all of the down and dirty with you.

Meanwhile feast on these floors in the men's bathroom.....
Could you die.


For now.....I have so much to catch up on in my life.

Enjoy Sunday

Sherika




47 comments

Lisa Gabrielson said...

Triple WOW! Congratulations girls, it's smashing! See you at the reveal. Xo, lisa

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh Sherry, what a crazy week you've had! But it looks like it all came together beautifully! The wall color with the creams and that awesome stone sound like the ingredients for fabulosity. I'm sure you're ready for a spa day after that!! (PS it's encouraging to hear that even talented designers like you might need a do-over sometimes (ie the curtains). I think I keep the "return" employees at Homegoods employed!)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This is going to be a fantastic reveal, I can feel it. Did you get a picture of the really bad hair day? Put your feet up, you deserve it.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Those three little tangerines next to that beautiful lamp just got me. This is going to be so lovely.

Emily A. Clark said...

When do we get to see?? The suspense!!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great design! As with life....IT EVOLVES.

Kathysue said...

I can't wait to see it ALL!!! Design is a process, that is for sure. I love when we have to get more creative and then it turns out even better than the original design. the bits and pieces look wonderful Sherry and Lori!!
Great job, now show us the rest!!
xo Kathysue

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

OMG, those doors. Can't wait to see the reveal.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Oh so much lovely in there, Sherry! Look forward to seeing the whole she-bang!
xo Heidi
PS -- you made it. Breathe. Sleep.

A Perfect Gray said...

so ready to see it all, girly. from these little snippits, we can tell it is outstanding! can't wait! donna

angela | the painted house said...

You know I love that Schumacher floral.

I love what I see...can't wait to see it all in person this week!!!!!

bluehydrangea said...

Take a well deserved nap and then post more pictures!! dying to see more!!

Karena said...

Sherri I am amazed at how you pulled this all together and cannot wait for the big reveal!!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Leslie Harris said...

Love that you left your comfort zone--you'll be rewarded I'm sure! Congrats, the peeks look exciting.
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

Unknown said...

You girls rocked it! Can't wait to see every little detail. Sounds like a butt load of hard work, but looks to be absolutely worth it! Congrats Sherry!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an installation day on MDD. All's well that ends well. It looks fab!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Just can't wait to see every detail -- I know it will be amazing!

michele said...

bravo, sherry! it looks amazing.

smiles to you.

michele

Kim said...

I LOVE that you used that Target vase!! I almost bought it last week because I LOVED it!! But really, I don't need any more THINGS!!! I think it looks dynamite and can't wait to see the Whole She-Bang! xo

My Interior Life said...

I just died from the floor! Oh my gosh, it all looks A-mazing!! Cannot wait to see final picks. The weather has been the absolute pits - so sorry you had to install in that. But at least it's been sunny the past couple of days here. Go rest!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Can't wait to see the big reveal. Already love the sneak peeks. Those chairs are gorgeous!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Wow Sherry...it's beautiful. Can't wait to see more :)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Sherry...your such a tease, but it looks great and cant wait to see it!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Yay! Congratulations, Sherry! It looks beautiful, amazing, gorgeous! Can't wait to see the full reveal! :) You did it- I knew you would! :)

An Urban Cottage said...

The rug and fabric are especially awesome.

Jojo said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it in person!

Bliss said...

Shawesome! I love the deets and can't wait to see more pics. Congratulations!!!

The Vintique Object said...

Well, I cannot wait!
Camille

Victoria said...

It looks fantastic, Sherry. I cannot wait for the reveal. I love the color on the walls and the contrast it creates with the furniture and artwork...and those doors add that special touch. Is the Target vase from Nate Berkus? Congratulations.
XO, Victoria

Amanda said...

It looks amazing girls!! Can't wait to see more.

lisaroy said...

you are such a tease! show us more!! :)

sarah @ the modern lifestyle said...

i want to roll on the new tile in the men's bathroom. would that be weird?

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You tease!! Can not wait for this reveal girlfriend - amazing!!

pam {simple details} said...

Hope you treated yourselves appropriately for all your hard work ~ anxiously awaiting the rest....

Unknown said...

OMGoodnes, I couldn't wait to see the end product, so many cute pics, but not the grand reveal! Looking forward to your next post.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sherry you've got us ready to see the big reveal, Sure it will be fantastic. Great floor in the men's room btw. Good luck!

Erika at BluLabel Bungalow said...

I knew from the beginning you two could pull it off! Your selection is on point. I'm pulling together the room in my head. Can't wait to see it in person.

Cindy said...

Exciting!!! All these little peaks of cool looking stuff is torture! I can already tell the white curtains look amazing with the dark walls... Sounds awful moving all that in the freakin rain... you have my sympathy...

Cindy

Glass Doors said...

I'm curious for that flooring if that is made from linoleum.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

wowzers - this is going to be a fab space. sorry for all the trouble - looks like in the end it will all be worth it!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Pura Vida said...

excellent...it looks wonderful and that floor..well...I could get down on it for sure!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Once again, you've got me laughing! Can I borrow some of your sense of humor? ;) I need to take myself less seriously! xo!

Unknown said...

You have been busy! Looks so great - can't wait to see it all put together.

tearinguphouses said...

looking forward to the reveal. now go relax!

designchic said...

Oh Sherry, the peek looks amazing. Love the rug and can't wait for new cream draperies!!

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

Love it, can't wait to see it in person!!! Do you know if photography is allowed?

Unknown said...

Love the process, and your human mistakes and letting us all in on the reality of it all! Love the doors, the entire look, the men's floor! Gorgeous.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Back to Top